Future Shop: Buy 2, Get 1 FREEEEE!

[quote name='Lockescythe']For those wondering what counts as a game.

DJ Hero- counts
RB Beatles/RB2 SE counts
Wii fit- counts
Black controller + GTa 4 counts
wii sports resort counts
DS3 + uncharted/GT5 prologue/ratchet counts
Wii play doesn't count

I am prolly buying Mario+DS3wuncharted tomorrow dunno what will be the third. Tossup between a few games to be honest.[/QUOTE]

The only bundles on your list that will work is the DS3+GH game and Black controller + GTA4. The others won't work cause it states in the fine print the maximum value of the game is 69.99.

Okay so I just came back from FS with AC2, DA:O and MW2. The cashier wouldn't allow me to PM DA:O, but w/e. I haven't opened any of them and I did get a gift receipt.

Now, I'm wondering if I could return DA:O alone cause I'm unsure about it so I could to get Darksiders in January. If you do returns on B2G1, do you have to return all 3?

Last edited by a moderator:
the maximum FREE game is $69.99, it still makes sense for example dj hero, an $80 CE, & then a $69.99 free game

Lord knows I don't need any more games, but dammit I succumbed.

Demon's Souls (69.99)
Blazblue (69.99)
New Mario Wii (59.99 - free)

I figure the first one will never drop in price (at least drop and be able to be found!), while Blazblue has seemed to remain at 69.99 forever. Mario might go on sale here or there for $40, but all 3 average out to $46/game, so that ain't bad.

I wish the controller bundle included something other than games I bought two years ago...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']From FS forums:
We'll gladly give you a refund or exchange on your Gift purchases until January 3rd, 2010 or for 30 days from the date of purchase - whichever is longer. A store credit will be issued for all Gift Receipt returns.
[/QUOTE]

How does store credit at FS work ? Is it limited time and do they put it on a card or something ? Also, since the gift receipt will show all 3 games, will they say I need to return them all ?

Okay so I went back to try and return the unopened third game with the gift receipt and the CSR wouldn't let me since he said it has $0 and part of a bundle, but he did say if I had the actual receipt I could exchange it for Darksiders on Jan. 5

Okay so, today I went to Futureshop for this deal. There's almost no advertising in the store. On one of the pillars theres an 8.5x11 black and white printout about it and that's all.

I wanted to get Left 4 Dead 2 but they were out, so I ended up getting

Dragon Age $70
Modern Warfare 2 $60
and MW2 as the free game, to trade in at EB for L4D2

When I went to EB I saw that Dragon Age was only $45, so I went back to FutureShop and Price Matched it. I got $28ish back.

Overall, pre-tax I got Dragon Age, L4D2, and MW2 for ~110.

Going back Tuesday for Assassin's Creed 2 and The Saboteur. Need a third game though.

They also accepted the PM incorrectly. For that particular situation, they should have given a full refund, then charge $60 (MW2) and $60 (MW2), with Dragon Age: Origins being the free game, since it was the cheapest ($45). Congrats! I've been going over my funds and now I'm thinking I can't afford those games...but when will they drop down to $36 each, I say??

Man, do I wish I was more interested in the EA games that are 40 bucks right now; I'd have more stuff to add to my 'to play in 50 years' backlog.

Just got back from FS and BB and they both no longer apply the deal to games that come with accessories (Wii Fit, PS3/XBOX360 controller + game bundles). It now only applies to standalone games.

[quote name='bouzi']Just got back from FS and BB and they both no longer apply the deal to games that come with accessories (Wii Fit, PS3/XBOX360 controller + game bundles). It now only applies to standalone games.[/QUOTE]

Did someone tell you this, or did they actually scan it in front of you? They should still work.

As well as that, games like DJ Hero or Rock Band will come up free, even if they are over 69.99. Ex. scan 3 DJ Hero's and one will be free.

[quote name='method47']Did someone tell you this, or did they actually scan it in front of you? They should still work.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Bay & Dundas Best Buy in Toronto today, and all the reps there were advising people that no games with accessories were eligible, and it was a maximum of $69.99 per game.

damn
i bought super mario bros wii last month (still haven't been 30 days tho)
is there someway I can go back and buy a game and bring my mario receipt and get another game for free?

[quote name='Xeph820']damn
i bought super mario bros wii last month (still haven't been 30 days tho)
is there someway I can go back and buy a game and bring my mario receipt and get another game for free?[/QUOTE]

im guessing maybe. worst case, buy another copy & return it using your receipt of your first copy.

[quote name='Magik_Tek']Getting Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, and MW2 for basically $45 each is pretty damn awesome.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2/Killzone 2 were amazon's DotW last week...buy both for $70 if i remember right

...not like it matters right now though

Grabbed LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition, Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2. That's it! No more games, please! Just keep the deals to yourselves! I have rent to pay!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Grabbed LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition, Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2. That's it! No more games, please! Just keep the deals to yourselves! I have rent to pay![/QUOTE]

You know, Rogers 2 for $40 is coming up toward the end of the month...

[quote name='snuter']You know, Rogers 2 for $40 is coming up toward the end of the month...[/QUOTE]

I knowwww! I have the coupon right in front of me! AHHHHH! Realistically, there's not too many new games I want right now. Fallout 3 GOTY and Borderlands come to mind...I pretty much have everything else. From the summer till now I still have to play Batman: AA, Uncharted 2, Demon's Souls, Dragon Age, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Quest for Booty and a Crack in Time, Modern Warfare 2, LittleBigPlanet, God of War Collection, Assassin's Creed 2, not to mention all the games I have coming from Goozex! I'm set till 2015!

[quote name='telepathy']im guessing maybe. worst case, buy another copy & return it using your receipt of your first copy.[/QUOTE]

but the thing is, when i bought my mario, i price matched it with dell to get it at 48.99.

So you are saying, if it doesn't work, I go do the B2G1, 1 including mario, and return that copy with my 48.99 receipt? I'm guessing since I'm returning it for 48.99, I won't save much on the 3 games?

59.99 + 69.99 x 1.12 - around 53 dollars = 92.5 / 3 = 30 something each?
I think i'm doing some calculating wrong lol

Got Deadly Creatures, Rock Band Unplugged and LocoRoco 2 :)

Then the next day I went to a flea market and got more games *facepalm* (Metroid Prime3, Comix Zone and Rogue Squadron 2)

And then to Roger's Video to get even more cause they have the B1G1 $19.99 and under on used games, and got GT PSP and GTA: Chinatown Wars (DS) *facepalm x2*

KILL ME NOW ;_;

1) how long is this on for
2) how much does fifa 10 cost
3) is the cheapest game the free one. it must be, im thinking of getting gow collection, but if it the free one forget it since its 39.

ACII, fifa 10, NSMB Wii for me
unless if it ended today or something stupid like that

[quote name='Achmat']1) how long is this on for
3) is the cheapest game the free one. it must be, im thinking of getting gow collection, but if it the free one forget it since its 39.

unless if it ended today or something stupid like that[/QUOTE]

Something stupid like that.

[quote name='Achmat']1) how long is this on for

unless if it ended today or something stupid like that[/QUOTE]

the deal ends tonight, dec 10.

I bought a game last month(not 30 days yet), I called in and asked them if I can just buy another game and get the 3rd free. The guy asked the manager or someone and he said yes, he asked me if the game was open I said yes. He left and ask and told me yes so I went over to FS.
When I got there, I told the video department guy if I could and he asked if the game was open, I said yes and he said I couldn't. Then I told him I talked to someone on the phone before I came and then he asked somebody and he said I could, and head over to the CSR.

Went there.. the guy told the girl beside him that I came to FS because the video department said I could. The guy didn't know how to do it so another csr came to do it for me. I ended up letting my friends get the cheap games since I'm low on cash. I actually saved $5 from the deal =)

Uncharted and Assassins creed both went $10 off starting tomorrow. I wonder if I can at least get a price match on 1 of them

[quote name='CH82']Uncharted and Assassins creed both went $10 off starting tomorrow. I wonder if I can at least get a price match on 1 of them[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you bought. I bought MW2, AC2 and LBP:GOTY, all of which were $59.99. There's no point in me going in to ask for price protection on AC2, since the lowest of three games is free anyways. That would give me two games @ $59.99 and one game @ $49.99, making the $49.99 game free anyways. If you got both, however, I'd definitely try for a PM!

Bought HotD: Overkill, Madworld, and Star Wars Force Unleashed, all Wii, all $24.99 each. Selection wasn't great (soooo much shovelware) and I spent so much time wandering the aisles looking for my third game. I guess I could've spent more than $25 on a game but I wanted to play the other two anyway (only really wanted HotD). I'll see if any price drops happen and try for an exchange.

I can't believe L4D1 (PC) is still $45 at FS.

[quote name='CH82']bastards wouldn't price match my AC2 and Uncharted 2[/QUOTE]
It doesn't surprise me. Asking to price match the games from a B2G1 Free deal after it expired is like trying to price match a console that came with a free game one week that is cheaper but without the free game the next week.

bread's done
Back