Future Shop E3 Preorders (Metroid = $49.99 after savings)

While it's likely to be a $59.99 title, a game not set to release until 2011 is a bit too far off for my preorder. Think of the exclusive preorder bonuses!

[quote name='EvilMario']While it's likely to be a $59.99 title, a game not set to release until 2011 is a bit too far off for my preorder. Think of the exclusive preorder bonuses![/QUOTE]
If there is anything (that's a big if knowing Nintendo) then I'll just cancel this one. It's not like getting a new Nintendo game for $50 is an everyday occurrence.

Why would Best Buy have the nerve to charge $69.99CDN for a Wii game? They must be out of their minds. Well I refuse to pay more then $49.99 plus tax for a Wii game so I will pre-order it now and if a better deal pops up then so be it.

[quote name='Fuzzy']If there is anything (that's a big if knowing Nintendo) then I'll just cancel this one. It's not like getting a new Nintendo game for $50 is an everyday occurrence.[/QUOTE]
You can cancel online pre-orders? Do they not charge you until the time it ships or something?

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']You can cancel online pre-orders? Do they not charge you until the time it ships or something?[/QUOTE]

Yes, at Futureshop you can cancel an online order before it is processed. The order will not be processed until it is getting ready to be shipped and you will not be charged until the item has been shipped.

Hey guys it's not just restricted to the games shown under the promo.

I just preordered Metroid Prime Other M and Fallout New Vega's and got $10 of each of them.

They had Fallout for $59.99 where Amazon.ca has it for $69.99 so bonus

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Yes, at Futureshop you can cancel an online order before it is processed. The order will not be processed until it is getting ready to be shipped and you will not be charged until the item has been shipped.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, good to know. What about Best Buy?

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Hey guys it's not just restricted to the games shown under the promo.

I just preordered Metroid Prime Other M and Fallout New Vega's and got $10 of each of them.

They had Fallout for $59.99 where Amazon.ca has it for $69.99 so bonus[/QUOTE]
Really? The Futureshop (and BestBuy) websites have been down for me all afternoon. Strange.

I'd be interested in the Fallout pre-order if I hadn't already done a T3F1 pre-order at EB (used 3 games from the Rogers Plus 3 used games for $25 promo that was on recently).

Thank-you for visiting FUTURESHOP.ca.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. The site is temporarily closed until we resolve these issues. Please check back soon to continue your online shopping with FUTURESHOP.ca.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I'd bite for Fallout: NV... Except that is a Day 1 purchase for me. Waiting for it to come in the mail would drive me nuts!

[quote name='Adamantum']I'd bite for Fallout: NV... Except that is a Day 1 purchase for me. Waiting for it to come in the mail would drive me nuts![/QUOTE]

What's a few days vs the extra $20 you'd pay for being impatient?

Well, FS has jacked the price up to match Best Buy so if you didn't get the order in then you're out of luck. Metroid is still at $59 before discount so that's still a good deal.

No way are those Wii games actually going to come out at $69.99 They'll never get away with a price raise like that when they are still retailing in the us at $49.99 and our dollar is roughly at par.

If we somehow get back to $49.99 for Wii games, does this mean we'll get Skyward Sword for $39.99? Or is this just a trick to get us to preorder?

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Sweet, good to know. What about Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy and Futureshop work the same way so apply what I said above to Best Buy as well.

Oh dear! Kinect titles are going to be (in Ontario at least) $78 with tax. Wowzers that is laughable. Have fun with Skittles the Tiger everybody.

I just pre-ordered Metroid Other M also from Futureshop and am glad I am able to get it for the price it should be. It sucks though that Futureshop has Donkey Kong Returns for $69.99 regular (I think that's a mark up so they can charge the Wii games at the price it will be in Canada).

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope that those 69.99 Kinect titles are just placeholders (and the 69.99 Wii titles too).. if those are real prices then Kinect will be the biggest rip off esp if the hardware is $150.

[quote name='TripleQ']I really hope that those 69.99 Kinect titles are just placeholders (and the 69.99 Wii titles too).. if those are real prices then Kinect will be the biggest rip off esp if the hardware is $150.[/QUOTE]

On the U.S. Gamestop website the Kinect titles are all $59.99USD so I knew it would be $69.99 here. Even at $59.99 they are a giant rip off. Maximum price for each Kinect title in my opinion should be $40.

The $69.99 Wii prices I would hope to assume is a place holder or as a way to not give a real discount on Wii games i.e. the $10 making titles $59.99CDN.

How did you get them for $49, was that back during the save $10 sale? I didn't see LA Noire on the list back then and it's listed at $60 now. With the current E3 deal it's only $20 off for 3 titles.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']How did you get them for $49, was that back during the save $10 sale? I didn't see LA Noire on the list back then and it's listed at $60 now. With the current E3 deal it's only $20 off for 3 titles.[/QUOTE]

This sale was during when E3 was running and now they are only giving discounts on combine purchases i.e. "buy two games save $10."

Also some games before were not listed on that exact page and you had to actually search the site to find them. That is how I found Metriod Other M and got it for $49.99 plus tax.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']This sale was during when E3 was running and now they are only giving discounts on combine purchases i.e. "buy two games save $10."

Also some games before were not listed on that exact page and you had to actually search the site to find them. That is how I found Metriod Other M and got it for $49.99 plus tax.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I was around for that $10 off sale but I never saw LA Noire on the list so I was trying to figure out how he got it for $49. Guess I missed it, lame. The only things I ordered were Zelda and Rock Band 3 cause everything else I wanted was listed at $70!

bread's done
Back