Future Shop Grand Opening Blowout-SURREY ONLY

i've seen the flyer they're going to distribute to all the lower mainland FS... one deal that caught my eyes was that infinite undiscovery is going to be $10, but it's only going to be 10 copies per day fri-sun and it's only going to be at the south surrey store...

i'd say more, but i can't remember any other deals on the flyer...

lol nice
but dang
i have work on saturday and sunday

oh hey gamer, we can go to surrey this friday to check it out too if you want lol

No, there already is a Future Shop in Surrey Central. I remember my friends got gift cards on the way to school =[

Trevor Linden... damn. But South Surrey is near White Rock @_@ So far.

Haha so much for going. From Translink's website:

We could not find any connections between the origin of your trip and the destination (ending point) of your trip at the requested time. This may be due to several reasons:
  • No service is provided during this time of day
  • Your starting and ending point are more than 0.5 km from the closest transit stop
  • An unreasonable number of transfers, or a trip longer than three hours
Please change your times or your locations.

I was there back when I was hunting for Rock Band bundles during the HMV sale.. It's right beside the Walmart Supercentre (damn that thing is huge when compared with the tiny Supercentre we got in Vancouver)

I told an e-friend of mine who lives in Surrey about the Grand Opening. He's very excited to meet Trevor Linden and have him autograph his Trevor Linden rookie NHL bubble gum card. Hopefully, he wins one of those cool prizes.

[quote name='uutf']Sooooo far. Is there actually no way to get there by transit?[/QUOTE]

well, looks like the best way from downtown vancouver is to take the 351, get off at [SIZE=-1]152nd street farside 24th av[/SIZE]e, and walk for about 22 mins... exact directions for the walk:

go north on 152nd street, turn right at 24th ave, and turn right at 160th street

thanks to google maps for the direction...

so if you're not afraid of walking 22 mins after the bus ride, that's how you get there...

What's bus service on Sunday like over in Vancouver? Here in Ottawa, it's pretty negligible if you want to go anywhere other than the Mall.

Bus service on SUnday is actually really good.
THe frequency drops a bit though...
Example:
A bus that comes every 10 mins mon-fri will come once every 15 on Sunday.

Our Subway system doesnt start until 7am on Sundays

Really?
5 am mon-fri
6am Sat
7am Sunday

Im shcked....guess Vancouver does have a pretty decent system than..

Also, why doest Ottawa have any form of a rapid Transit system? Even Calgary and Edmonton has the LRT system...

How's the public transit system overall in Vancouver? I might be heading there next summer for work (most likely a golf course) just to get out of the province and stretch my traveling legs a bit

edit: sorry for the OT post heh

Transit is pretty good if you're in Vancouver. Outside the city (Burnaby/Richmond/Surrey/etc) it gets worse. Skytrain only runs to 1:00am I think (not that I've ever taken it that late) so there's a lot of complaints about people having to take taxis and whatnot.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Transit is pretty good if you're in Vancouver. Outside the city (Burnaby/Richmond/Surrey/etc) it gets worse. Skytrain only runs to 1:00am I think (not that I've ever taken it that late) so there's a lot of complaints about people having to take taxis and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

all in all, it's definitely one of the better systems i've seen in NA... can't really compare it to higher-populated cities like NY, but it's definitely better than most...

unfortunately, that's not saying a lot for the car-focused NA population... transit is definitely a lot better in asia or europe...

back on topic though... looks like there's a community shuttle line running there that can take you closer to FS after you get off the 351... but if you want to depend on the community shuttle, you might as well just walk...

bread's done
Back