Future Shop online only sale May 23 - 24 (10% off accessories)

Hmm. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I'm still trying to figure out why these XBL point cards are supposedly such a good deal:

You can buy 1000 points for $14.50 CAD before tax directly from XBL. That's $0.0145 (1.45 cents) per point.

You can buy a 1400 point-card for $17.99 CAD before tax with Future Shop's 10% off . That's $0.0129 (1.29 cents) per point.

Is my math wrong somehow, or is it not really a big difference?

[quote name='CHW']Hmm. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I'm still trying to figure out why these XBL point cards are supposedly such a good deal:

You can buy 1000 points for $14.50 CAD before tax directly from XBL. That's $0.0145 (1.45 cents) per point.

You can buy a 1400 point-card for $17.99 CAD before tax with Future Shop's 10% off . That's $0.0129 (1.29 cents) per point.

Is my math wrong somehow, or is it not really a big difference?[/QUOTE]

The difference is $1.60 for every 1,000 points. So it's 16% savings off XBLA pricing (which also reveals regular-priced points are slightly more expensive on XBLA). Maybe not the greatest deal of all time, but worth it if you're trying to save a few bucks.

Better, though, to wait for 20% off on the cards and save about $3 per thousand. You're almost getting every fourth 800-point game you buy for free.

when you add tax though (at least when you are in ontario), it actually comes out to about the same cost per point. aka why must ontarians pay 8% more for everything

bread's done
Back