Futureshop $35 Trade-In Promo

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
On the flyer, "get $35 in-store credit when you trade in one of 20 games"

See futureshop.ca/usedgames for a list (not updated yet, promo starts tomorrow)

The pictures on the flyer are:

SFIV (360, PS3)
Fallout 3 (PS3)
Skate 2 (PS3)
Lord of the Rings Conquest (360, PS3)
Zelda (wii)
Gears of War 2 (360)
Call of Duty: WaW (360)

Last edited by a moderator:
its funny, cuz you would get 35 bux anyway at EB, BUT, its a giftcard for Futureshop, which means you have alot more options, thanks for posting.

I don't come on here much for deals anymore cause I now have a classmate who works at EBGAMES. Amazing he actually gets games for free. His boss gave him like 2 free Xbox 360s. I didn't think working at EB would get you free games. I thought you just get like 20% off games or something. Anyways, this new friend sells me games like COD5 for only $25.

from what i understand guardian, the free stuff is from events, its not like EB corp hands out stuff (aside from tshirts, figures, demos, promo items and the such).

You go to a launch party for EA sports NHL, get a copy of the game and replace EA sports with Sony or Microsoft and you can see how this becomes not a game, but a system. This is only Canada too, too many managers down there in the states heh.

This is my understanding anyway, im only told this.

This is a hit and miss, depending on the game you get 35$ at EB its tax free.

Pros at EB; Tax free, new games generally are higher trade value
cons at EB; only usable on video games / accessories

Pros at FS: high value for crappier games, pricematching, use the card on whatever
Cons at FS; HDKEN

[quote name='JnJosh']from what i understand guardian, the free stuff is from events, its not like EB corp hands out stuff (aside from tshirts, figures, demos, promo items and the such).

You go to a launch party for EA sports NHL, get a copy of the game and replace EA sports with Sony or Microsoft and you can see how this becomes not a game, but a system. This is only Canada too, too many managers down there in the states heh.

This is my understanding anyway, im only told this.

This is a hit and miss, depending on the game you get 35$ at EB its tax free.

Pros at EB; Tax free, new games generally are higher trade value
cons at EB; only usable on video games / accessories

Pros at FS: high value for crappier games, pricematching, use the card on whatever
Cons at FS; HDKEN[/quote]

I don't know, what he said was this, for example, if they have 60 Xbox 360s in (only an example not literally) his boss would put down as 50 and take a few and give a few to close co workers.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']I don't know, what he said was this, for example, if they have 60 Xbox 360s in (only an example not literally) his boss would put down as 50 and take a few and give a few to close co workers.[/quote]

lol.. too bad his boss doesn't work at a bank, that way when someone deposits $600, he could just put it down as $500 and give $25 to himself and a few co-workers.

That's not a benefit for working there... that's just outright theft!

I know someone who works there too, he said he only gets 10% off new games and 20% off used games.

Not very enticing.

List is up.
Kinda lame since its all extremely new stuff.
Farcry 2 is on there for PS3/360, so if you got multiple copies in the zellers sale, joy to the world!
I only got one, oh well!

[quote name='Azumangaman']List is up.
Farcry 2 is on there for PS3/360, so if you got multiple copies in the zellers sale, joy to the world!
I only got one, oh well![/quote]
Yeah, I'm kind of bitter because I traded my extra to EB for a mere $20.

What an excellent Day $35 credit for one games that cost me $33 for 2. Also a guy was in Future shop trading in a stack of games and had the green Arcade collection disc that comes with the arcade 360's and Future Shop wouldn't take it. So, I asked if I could buy it off of him he said sure. Then decided just to give it to me :)

I traded in my sons Lego:SWCS and SW:FU for the credit, now hes mad at me, but I ended up rebuying them for $15 each earlier, but I think I will make him sweat a little longer. he really wants to try co-op over xbl, but as a single dad, no way would I trust the xbl morons.

[quote name='Azumangaman']List is up.
I only got one, oh well![/quote]

I just traded in COD4 at FS for $35. Ask if you can use their computer and you can look up a whole bunch of titles.

[quote name='Costa']I traded in my sons Lego:SWCS and SW:FU for the credit, now hes mad at me, but I ended up rebuying them for $15 each earlier, but I think I will make him sweat a little longer. he really wants to try co-op over xbl, but as a single dad, no way would I trust the xbl morons.[/QUOTE]

One game you never trade in is Lego Star Wars. My sons have had that game since it came out on the Gamecube in 2005 and they still play it!!!

Its better to have one of his friends come over to play Lego:SW then play it over Live. XBL does have some really good restrictions you can put on a kids account but you don't want him playing with a stranger. So he has to have a friend with a the system, the game and an account to play with. It's easier to just have his friend come over and play in the same room.

I've never really traded anything into EB or FS but does the game have to be sealed to get the full say $35 or should it look "opened"? I still have my FC2 that I bought this week but I still have a bunch of games in my backlog that I should probably get to first before really getting into FC2.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']One game you never trade in is Lego Star Wars. My sons have had that game since it came out on the Gamecube in 2005 and they still play it!!!

Its better to have one of his friends come over to play Lego:SW then play it over Live. XBL does have some really good restrictions you can put on a kids account but you don't want him playing with a stranger. So he has to have a friend with a the system, the game and an account to play with. It's easier to just have his friend come over and play in the same room.[/quote]

I ended up rebuying both for $30 so it worked out fine. I let him play with his friends the co-op and I played with him also, but he's always asking to play on XBL, glad he only plays on my account so I can watch everything, he does and most important what other people do.

Sorry to go a little off-topic, but what's so bad about XBL? I've never experienced it, only play online on the Sony consoles. All I've heard about it is that it's somewhat "superior" to PSN, and the whiny kids playing mature games (but what game doesn't have that).

[quote name='kathos']Woot, gonna head over to Dixie/Dundas FS to trade in all my stuff.

Also, do they beat other stores' TIVs?[/quote]

I don't know. I think it would be game over for EB and Blockbuster if they matched trade in values.

[quote name='kathos']Woot, gonna head over to Dixie/Dundas FS to trade in all my stuff.

Also, do they beat other stores' TIVs?[/quote]

They've done it once for me...YMMV

BTW...you work there...so go find out and report back!

bread's done
Back