TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Courtesy RFD. Highlights are my picks.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/boxingday/futureshop/

Starting Online 8pm EST Dec 24, instore Dec 25

XBOX 360 Slim 4GB $129.99
Wii Remote Plus Console Bundle with Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, NHL2k11 and Hockey Stick $189.99
Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition Full Band Kit $99.99
PSP God of War Ghost of Sparta Pack 149.99
PS3 160GB with Resistance 2 and God of War 3 299.99 (cold!)
Wii Fit Plus and Balance Board $49.99
Buy 1 get 1 free PS3 Move games? (pictured: TV Superstars, The Shoot, EyePet) (9 to choose from)

Black Ops
Medal of Honor
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sims 3 (360/PS3)
NHL 11
NHL Slapshot

Halo Reach
Fallout New Vegas
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Modern Warfare 2
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Civilization 5

Sims 3 PC

Bioshock 2
Halo ODST
Alan Wake
World of Warcraft Battlechest
Crackdown 2
Splinter Cell Convocation
Assassin's Creed 2
Batman Arkham Asylum

Prince of Persia (2008) (!?)
Fable 2 Limited Edition (!?) (yes, 2.. not 3)

Nothing mind blowing, but some good deals on older games. I'll probably jump on Assassin's Creed for $40, even though I know it'll drop even more.

nothing that really jumps out at me that I don't already have (or can easily wait to go cheaper). If Castlevania had been $19 I'd have picked it up but I think they had it going for $39 a few weeks back and I passed on it then...

Hmmm, will definitely try to grab Alan Wake, and Halo Reach. Perhaps even Black Ops. I'll probably just order everything online, I really don't want to bother with the actual boxing day itself.

I agree it's pretty mediocre. If they have unadvertised deals (less popular games priced at $10-20), that could make it worthwhile.

The Wii Fit Plus has a third-party balance board.

The 360 Slim is hot, though.

Got a $100 gift card for futureshop from the boss this year was hoping for Castlevania or new God of war for psp would hit the $20 mark, Blu-rays have interest but Netflix is starting to reduce my bluray interest overall, most stuff at good prices I already own

I think I will pass on boxing day this year maybe pick up Dead Space 2 or save my gift card till March when a few other games I am interested in release

[quote name='Baztian']Splinter Cell: Convocation

Epic typo.[/QUOTE]

Old joke.. plus I'll know if someone copies and pastes it somewhere ;)

[quote name='penetratingpincer']Are these deals available online on the night of the 24th, like last year?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like it says, 8pm EST Dec 24.

[quote name='TripleQ']Old joke.. plus I'll know if someone copies and pastes it somewhere ;)
[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. I had a good laugh.

I might try for the BOGO Move games, I'd like to get The Shoot and either Sports Champions or Kung-Fu Rider for that price.

Is SC:Convocation something to do with Sam Fisher trying to sneak into his University graduation? :lol:

I knew Assassins Creed: Brotherhood was going to be $40 during Boxing Day! Too predictable. Good call on not buying it at launch :bouncy:

Overall, this boxing day flyer doesn't look TOO impressive with a couple of exceptions of course. Kind of hoping the console bundle deals were discounted instead..

[quote name='SuperbadPinoy']I knew Assassins Creed: Brotherhood was going to be $40 during Boxing Day! Too predictable. Good call on not buying it at launch :bouncy:.[/QUOTE]

Kind of an easy call considering it's an UBIsoft game. Here's another: $20.00 by Feb 2011.

EA & UBI games are sure price-droppers, give 'em 6 months or so...

Hmm, nothing really jumps out at me, but thanks for the post QQQ. I have no real reason to upgrade my 250GB Jasper 360 or my 60GB PS3, unless one of them dies! :S *knock on wood*

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']Kind of an easy call considering it's an UBIsoft game. Here's another: $20.00 by Feb 2011.

EA & UBI games are sure price-droppers, give 'em 6 months or so...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel for that last year with AC2. I know better not to buy an ubi game before several price drops

[quote name='TripleQ']Fable 2 Limited Edition (!?) (yes, 2.. not 3)[/QUOTE]
What the hell? Did they actually print more, new copies seem somewhat common on eBay @ $30 right now. A far cry from new copies being unfindable and over $100 on eBay last year.
It's a good thing if there are more, seeing as the LE has a code for exclusive DLC (some useless weapons and a dungeon). The platinum hits version is still the best value though.

[quote name='ragnar14']What the hell? Did they actually print more, new copies seem somewhat common on eBay @ $30 right now. A far cry from new copies being unfindable and over $100 on eBay last year.
It's a good thing if there are more, seeing as the LE has a code for exclusive DLC (some useless weapons and a dungeon). The platinum hits version is still the best value though.[/QUOTE]

I was at FS the other day and spotted this. They have the price at $39.99.
My reaction was What The fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of picking up a cheap laptop or netbook for WoW. Those doorcrashers aren't that appealing. :/

[quote name='VetraX']Se7en BR for $4.99 HELLO!

So yeah, nothing much...[/QUOTE]

Sure, but it's the crappy Alliance release. It's not even in the right aspect ratio! You gotta watch out for those...

i think the BOGO Move titles is probably the beat deal were gonna see come to PS3 games through Boxing Day, I love to be wrong but ... no stores hardly have PS3 games on sale and that really blows.... but the only place worth really watching here in Halifax is ... * sigh * Walmart and if they don't have any good PS3 sales then i give up ..... ok well MAYBE Best Buy but that's a MAYBE.

if i had my way i would get Time Crisis Rizing Storm and The Shoot for move titles but if i have too get else wise i'll go for The Shoot and Raquet Sports.

Some movies for me.

BOGO Move games would be interesting if I could think of more than one I wanted... but I guess I could get The Shoot and then trade another one back in.

Disappointed I just got non-LE Fable II for $10 from Best Buy. Might have to take that sucker back and get the LE for $5 more.

Nothing appealing, might grab a couple CDs for 7.99 depending on what they have...
I usually go to Rogers and some local stores on Boxing Day anyway so I'm not too worried.

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']Kind of an easy call considering it's an UBIsoft game. Here's another: $20.00 by Feb 2011.

EA & UBI games are sure price-droppers, give 'em 6 months or so...[/QUOTE]

And heres another: 37-40$ TIV at EB in January :)

I've got a 4 year old 360 elite on its death bed. That $130 xbox is pretty tempthing but 4 gigs is just too small. I have at least 10 gigs worth of arcade games and DLC I couldn't part with.

[quote name='Mattblasto']I've got a 4 year old 360 elite on its death bed. That $130 xbox is pretty tempthing but 4 gigs is just too small. I have at least 10 gigs worth of arcade games and DLC I couldn't part with.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll have to invest in a transfer device, too. So, add another $20-$30?

You can also just take the hard drive from your elite and pop it into the slim if you take it out of the shell for the hard drive. It'll just look a little unsightly but it will work.

[quote name='Koala_Conglomeration']Hmmm does anyone know if Futureshop would match Walmart's $39.99 COD:Black Ops boxing day price?[/QUOTE]

They should price match, unless its a door crasher or limited quantities or the system is locked that they can't change the price. You should ask FS customer service or a manager in the next 2 days.

Online Only Deals Dec 24-25
Save $10 on select Pre-Order games of the following titles
Link
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3/XBOX360)
Dead Space 2 (PS3/XBOX360)
Killzone 3 (PS3)
Little Big Planet 2 (PS3)

All are $49.99, Limited Quantities

[quote name='retro.elite']Online Only Deals Dec 24-25
Save $10 select on Pre-Orders games of the following titles
Link
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3/XBOX360)
Dead Space 2 (PS3/XBOX360)
Killzone 3 (PS3)
Little Big Planet 2 (PS3)

All are $49.99, Limited Quantities[/QUOTE]

that would have been awesome if they were doing it for the Limited/Collector Editions as well as they're the version I want (for DS2 and LBP2)...I hate buying from EB Games :cry:

bread's done
Back