FYE $10 DS games after mail-in rebate

MR_E

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I stopped by the FYE at McKinley Mall in Blasdell, NY today and saw a new large display of DS games marked "$9.99 after mail-in rebate while supplies last"... The rack actually seemed to contain about half of the store's stock of DS games with regular prices ranging from around $19.99-29.99 (even some newer titles like Quantum of Solace)...

I'm not sure if it's YMMV...but the fact that all of them were individually stickered with new "$9.99 after mail-in rebate" price stickers leads me to guess it might be chain-wide. Also not sure what the mail-in rebate entails since I didn't pick anything up. So if anyone wants to verify or fill in the details, feel free... But there you have it.

Thought this was old, but I saw one of those up today. Only thing I saw on the picture that seemed worth it was Mario Party DS though.

I saw signs for this same promo on the DS rack at FYE the other day. It said any Nintendo DS title 29.99 or less. I didn't check the details though, but the wording of the promo seemed pretty straight forward. I hate rebates though.

I wouldn't trust rebates these days, and this deal does seem to good to be true. Its likely that these rebates wouldn't even get honored or you would have to spend more time than its worth it trying to track down your money.

I bought a 360 at the end of last year from FYE and found their rebate system to be quite reliable. Good website to check status etc. I think it might have taken two months? My only gripe is that they sent it on a visa prepaid card instead of cash, but that's pretty minor. Sara's right though, if FYE goes belly up, your rebate won't be honored.

my local fye had chrontrigger, and the new castlevania marked this way, i was really tempted but idk about their rebate program, like how reliable is it?

I have gotten tons of rebates from Fye and never had no problems with them at all. Head up My local fye is at the Mckinley Mall in Blasdell ny also

Well, I never had any issue with them (used a single rebate). However, they do take 3 months to get to you, so the question is are they going to be around in 2-3 months, or is the company who handles their rebates going to be around in 2 months?
That is a much tougher question to answer...

The details with the promotion are ALL DS games normally priced $29.99 and under are $9.99 after mail in rebate. The promotion is valid for new DS games only (not used) and runs from 2/4 through 2/24, and your submission must be postmarked by 3/24.

This basically means that Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon will be $9.99 after rebate, assuming FYE carries it and doesn't price it above MSRP like Gamestop.

So far I picked up:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Big Bang Mini
Heroes of Mana

I plan on going back next week and getting Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and possibly Kirby Super Star Ultra.

[quote name='chior']Well, my personal experience on FYE rebates are pretty good. Received all of my over 30 FYE rebates[/quote]

I'll echo this, never had a single problem with any of the Trans World companies rebates over the last several years. Batteries, DVD, Blu-Ray, all sorts of stuff.

You can use their price sticker with UPC instead of cutting the box, too. It's in their company policies (nephew used to manage a Coconuts store, also Trans World)

Deal might also be valid at other TWEC stores:

http://twec.com/corpsite/stores/

[quote name='Josef']The details with the promotion are ALL DS games normally priced $29.99 and under are $9.99 after mail in rebate. The promotion is valid for new DS games only (not used) and runs from 2/4 through 2/24, and your submission must be postmarked by 3/24.

This basically means that Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon will be $9.99 after rebate, assuming FYE carries it and doesn't price it above MSRP like Gamestop.

So far I picked up:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Big Bang Mini
Heroes of Mana

I plan on going back next week and getting Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and possibly Kirby Super Star Ultra.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the limit is, like, one per household or address. There are ways of getting around it, but I wouldn't buy more than one on the same receipt.

[quote name='anandxxx']Yeah, the limit is, like, one per household or address. There are ways of getting around it, but I wouldn't buy more than one on the same receipt.[/QUOTE]

is the limit one rebate pre household, or one rebate pre game?

[quote name='anandxxx']Yeah, the limit is, like, one per household or address. There are ways of getting around it, but I wouldn't buy more than one on the same receipt.[/QUOTE]

No, there is no mention of any limit, other than limit of one rebate form per envelope. All of my DS games printed on the rebate form on the top as eligible titles so I should be able to submit the one rebate form with the titles on it, and get the rebates for each title.

Exact wording is "Limit of one rebate per item/UPC per address." So you should be able to buy multiple items without a problem (just don't purchase the same title twice).

Wow...great deal! Once I get my money situation settled I'll have to go take a look. Would love to grab Fire Emblem for $10 once ti comes out and stop neglecting my poor DS. Maybe I'll trade some stuff...hmm. My only concern is that, iirc, most FYEs in my area don't carry much for DS.

I also have had good experience with FYE rebates.

[quote name='Josef']No, there is no mention of any limit, other than limit of one rebate form per envelope. All of my DS games printed on the rebate form on the top as eligible titles so I should be able to submit the one rebate form with the titles on it, and get the rebates for each title.

Exact wording is "Limit of one rebate per item/UPC per address." So you should be able to buy multiple items without a problem (just don't purchase the same title twice).[/QUOTE]

Hmm. You may be right. That wording is a bit vague, though. I had originally read it as "Limit of one rebate per item"/"Limit of one UPC per address". That doesn't really make sense, but the true meaning is unclear enough to prevent me from buying 100 games.

I still wouldn't buy more than one on the same receipt, because they only give you one rebate receipt (in addition to the normal receipt), and they require the original UPC and receipt for the deal. You could try to photocopy it.

I only bought two games at the same time, though. It's possible that they expected me to use the original receipt for one and the rebate receipt for the other. Did anyone buy 3 or more? Did you get multiple rebate receipts?

the one problem i had with them was when the simpsons seasons were 10 buck for that one day. i purchased 3 on one receipt and that is where i screwed myself. just make multiple transactions.

OK, here's a tricky question.

Most of the DS games that should be MSRP $29.99 are marked up to $32.99 at my store. Will they still qualify for a rebate?

Yesterday I got Advance Wars Days of Ruin cos it was the only decent title that was actually marked $29.99 and not $32.99.

[quote name='anandxxx']Hmm. You may be right. That wording is a bit vague, though. I had originally read it as "Limit of one rebate per item"/"Limit of one UPC per address". That doesn't really make sense, but the true meaning is unclear enough to prevent me from buying 100 games.

I still wouldn't buy more than one on the same receipt, because they only give you one rebate receipt (in addition to the normal receipt), and they require the original UPC and receipt for the deal. You could try to photocopy it.

I only bought two games at the same time, though. It's possible that they expected me to use the original receipt for one and the rebate receipt for the other. Did anyone buy 3 or more? Did you get multiple rebate receipts?[/QUOTE]

I bought two DS games on one transaction. One rebate form printed out with BOTH games listed on the rebate form. From my understanding, I only need to send in the one rebate form (since both eligible games are listed on it) and the one receipt (again, since both games are on the receipt).

[quote name='cranguy']OK, here's a tricky question.

Most of the DS games that should be MSRP $29.99 are marked up to $32.99 at my store. Will they still qualify for a rebate?

Yesterday I got Advance Wars Days of Ruin cos it was the only decent title that was actually marked $29.99 and not $32.99.[/QUOTE]

That's weird. Anyway, you can tell if the game qualifies for the rebate since the rebate form will automatically print out when you purchase the game. If the rebate prints out, the game should qualify. If not, then it doesn't qualify.

I just bought Advance Wars Days of Ruin. However the rebate forms states that the original UPC from the package must be sent in with the rebate. Since I don't want to cut up the box art, has anybody tried and gotten the rebate with the price sticker?

[quote name='phogoodness']I just bought Advance Wars Days of Ruin. However the rebate forms states that the original UPC from the package must be sent in with the rebate. Since I don't want to cut up the box art, has anybody tried and gotten the rebate with the price sticker?[/quote]

When I did my rebate for Heroes Season 1, I used the FYE price sticker and I got my rebate. Just make sure you make copies of everything and you should be fine.

[quote name='phogoodness']I just bought Advance Wars Days of Ruin. However the rebate forms states that the original UPC from the package must be sent in with the rebate. Since I don't want to cut up the box art, has anybody tried and gotten the rebate with the price sticker?[/QUOTE]

I usually take the FYE sticker (it has the bar code on it) and stick it on a piece of plain white paper. That adds some thickness to the sticker. Then I cut the paper around the sticker and use that as my UPC.

[quote name='Purkeynator']so how long does this offer last according to the rebate form?[/QUOTE]

Until 2/24. Requests must be postmarked by 3/24.

[quote name='johnmirra']i went to get chrono trigger today and it was gone, knew i shouldnt have waited[/quote]

It probably wouldn't qualify anyways since the MSRP is $39.99.

[quote name='hopeunknown']It probably wouldn't qualify anyways since the MSRP is $39.99.[/QUOTE]

it had the 10$ after rebat sticker on it so im guessing it was in the promotion

[quote name='johnmirra']it had the 10$ after rebat sticker on it so im guessing it was in the promotion[/QUOTE]

It could've been a clueless employee putting the sticker on all DS games. Buy the game and see if the rebate automatically prints out at the register. If it does, then the game is eligible.

[quote name='Josef']It could've been a clueless employee putting the sticker on all DS games. Buy the game and see if the rebate automatically prints out at the register. If it does, then the game is eligible.[/QUOTE]

it was gone unfortunatly but im headin back that way tomarrow so ill look again hopefully it was just misplaced

FYI, any game $29.99 and under is eligible. At least, that's the way it is here in Tennessee. I just spent $500 on DS games...

I bought some ds games with this rebate offfer. Manager went thru the details of redeeming rebate. She said she uses it all the time with no problem. Comes in the form of a visa in 4-6 weeks. Looks easy enough. No need to cut off barcode of the actual artwork. The manager said to just pull off the FYE barcode sticker , and stick it on the back of your receipt. Send this in....You can buy as many games or dvd boxsets as you want as long as you buy only one of each title. Great selection on premium games.:roll:

Saw this in-store today. The selection at the FYE I went to wasn't all too great, the only interesting things were Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Party. Meh, could pass. Also Advance Wars: Days of Ruin was $29.99 as well. I think the 9.99 wii/psp/360 games from a few weeks ago are still $9.99, since I price checked Jeanne D'Arc and it was still on "sale" for $9.99.

I went to my local FYE stores and they had very little left in terms of stock. However, I spoke to one of the employees and they gave me a rain check. Essentially, they will request the game for me and if it comes in after the rebate is over I'll get it for 9.99 out the door. I kind of hope its late so I don't have to do the rebate. Retro Games Challenge for $10 is a steal. Thanks for the heads up!

For everyone who asked about Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for the DS, I confirmed today that it will be $9.99 after rebate :) The rebate form will print out for the new Fire Emblem DS game just like all other $29.99 games.

[quote name='rarebucky']Has anyone here tried $35-$40 DS games? Will the rebate print out?[/quote]

I tried getting a rebate form with Zelda: Phantom Hourglass listed at $34.99 - no dice. I was charged $34.99 and while the rebates for games $29.99 and under printed out, no rebate was listed for Zelda.

bread's done
Back