FYE: 20% Bonus Trade Ins is Back!!! Extended til 7/27 YMMV

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
UPDATE: Many CAGs are reporting that the trade in deal has been extended to the end of July! Be aware that this has not been confirmed and like everything else FYE does, may be very YMMV depending on the competancy of their employees.

Looks like FYE is running their "Brown Bag" trade in deal again.

Basically, anything you trade in (CD,DVD,Game) gets an automatic 20% bump, plus if you elect to get store credit, you get another 25% bump!!! Just be sure that your stuff is in good shape and complete...FYE can be very picky! And also be aware that like any other deal at FYE, this can be YMMV depending on how on the ball the staff is!

According to the brown bags, this promo runs until 7/18/07 so we all have plenty of time to exploit it!

THIS is the bag you need to look for:

UPDATE: Here are some reported trade in values (before bump)

Also, if you guys are looking for trade in values, www.secondspin.com is usually pretty close to what you receive in store.

[XBOX]

Winning Eleven 8 - $5.00
Stacked - $8.00
Nightmare Bf Xmas - $5.00
Tony Hawk A.W. - $4.00
Gun - $5.00
Frogger Ancient Shadow - $5.00
NTRA Breeder's Cup - $5.00
G. Hastings Paintball Maxd - $7.00
Scarface - $10.00

[PS2]

Cabelas Dangerous Hunts - $5.00
IGPX - $16.00
Barbie 12 Dancing Princesses - $7.00
SingStar Rocks Bundle - $21.60
Dirge Cerberus - $8.00
Phantom Brave - $12.00
Tourist Trophy - $12.00

[PSP]

Samurai Warriors - $15.00
Blitz Overtime - $16.00 now $2.00
Y's Ark of Napishtim - $8.00
MTX Mototrax - $7.00
Bust A Move - $12.00
Juiced Eliminator - $4.00
GTA Liberty City - $7.00
Lemmings - $9.00

[XB360]

Viva Pinata - $12.80
DDR Universe - $21.60
Virtua Tennis 3 - $21.60

[PS3]

Untold Legends - $24.00

[DS]

Point Blank - $7.00
Rub rabbits - $8.00
Garfield - $7.00

From what i hear, this is back nationwide at all Transworld owned stores (Sam Goody, FYE, Suncoast, Saturday Matinee, Strawberries, Coconuts, Specs, WHerehouse, etc).

All of the stores except FYE should give you the 45% credit no problem. FYE is the black sheep of transworld and likes to make up their own rules about promotions, so YMMV on the 45%.

[quote name='Bezerker']From what i hear, this is back nationwide at all Transworld owned stores (Sam Goody, FYE, Suncoast, Saturday Matinee, Strawberries, Coconuts, Specs, WHerehouse, etc).

All of the stores except FYE should give you the 45% credit no problem. FYE is the black sheep of transworld and likes to make up their own rules about promotions, so YMMV on the 45%.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the one in Bloomingdale, IL doesn't give cash so the credit price is the cash price. This still sweetens the deal.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Just got back from FYE in San Fernando, CA; there are giving 25% more than the trade in prices. Tony Hawk Wii got me $27.19!

go here to check trade in values: http://www.wherehouse.com/sell.jsp

they were the same before the 25% markup.[/QUOTE]

So the prices listed on that site are before the bump, right? If so, it may be time to get rid of a couple. :)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I don't think TS will ring up that high in store. But if it does...please let us know. :)[/quote]

I'll be sure to do so; that $16 trade-in-value price (before bonuses) on wherehouse.com is too enticing a possibility to pass up.

[quote name='argyle']So the prices listed on that site are before the bump, right? If so, it may be time to get rid of a couple. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, they even had a computer set-up in store, and told me to check that for the pre-25% trade-in prices.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']Finally, time to flip my 2 copies of Timesplitters for $46 in credit. =D[/QUOTE]

I was there the other day and it didn't ring up in their system so I had to send it to wherehouse.com.

I was doing this for months with copies of Powerdrome Racing for PS2. It was fetching a hefty $12-14 for a while. However, the chain must've been flooded with tons of copies of it and dropped the trade value to $5-7 last I checked.

Still, not a bad trade value for a game you can get from GS for $4. It used to be $1.99 @ GS, but they jacked it back up.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Any other ideas besides Timesplitters?[/QUOTE]

wondering the same since it would be a great way to finally pick up a PS3 >_<

how much is Timesplitters at EB?

so for every $5 you spend you make roughly $20... so let's see... mathwise...

it'll take 30 Timesplitters to make $600, but only cost you $150... wow... that's fucking good... a PS3 for roughly $150 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

date rape time!

Too bad their value on Powerdrome dropped so much, though I doubt they'd lemme swap in 60 copies before this promo ended.

$4 per copy from EB/GS=$240ish
$12-14 from them per copy= PS3(plus extra left over LOL)

But again, I think once each store reached 3-4 copies, they stopped taking them.

Geist(GC) had a value of around $10-12 last time I traded one to Transworld stores.

And actually RelentlessRolento, that's how I bought my slim PStwo, with mostly credit from the Powerdrome trading. LOL

ESPN National Hockey Night 2002($2.99):

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=ESPN+National+Hockey+Night+2002+&N=0&find.x=28&find.y=3

Outlaw Golf 2($5.99):

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=Outlaw+Golf+2&N=0&find.x=16&find.y=4

Kengo: Master Of Bushido($3.99):

http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=Kengo+master+of+bushido&N=0&find.x=0&find.y=0

Not too bad of a profit on the first 2, though the last one isn't too shabby either. However, the trade value from Transworld store to Transworld store varies. If FYE has too many copies of XYZ game, their value may not match that of Wherehouse's site. That's how my FYEs locally started getting once I flooded them with copies of Powerdrome for PS2.

If you guys have a Hollywood Video near you, there is a movie called "Push" that they normally sell used for $2.50, and they usually have TONS of them, it flips for $6.00 pre bump at FYE.

Yes i definetely got in on powerdrome. They stopped taking it because i had traded in too many copies of it. I also lucked out on the Circuit City Clearance deal i picked up Driver Pararrel Line for 9.00 and flipped it at Fye for 23 or 24.00 . I need to get some credit their. I also used to flip their Cell phones. I picked up a helio drift for 48 and usually sold them for 70-100 for some quick cash.

uh oh...found this: All video and computer games sold to Wherehouse.com must be in good condition. Promotional video games and CDRs (recordable CDs) will not be accepted. Video games cannot be scratched (even if they play), cracked, chipped or skipping. Instruction booklet must be included. We reserve the right to make these determinations. For more information on selling to, please visit our help section.

[quote name='cdeener']I've never traded in games to FYE. How do you go about it?[/quote]

First of all, they have to be flawless in condition usually. They will sometimes reject a game for the slightest scratch. Second, they have to be COMPLETE(though I've seen disc only titles at some local FYEs). Lastly, and this goes for most places, don't try trading in multiples of the same game or bring in unopened/sealed games, as they will think you stole them and deny the trade COMPLETELY.

Those are pretty much their rules and I just wish that GS/EB would've followed along those same lines, as then they might not get soccer moms n their kids who don't take care of their games trading shit condition stuff in.
[quote name='Foo228']uh oh...found this: All video and computer games sold to Wherehouse.com must be in good condition. Promotional video games and CDRs (recordable CDs) will not be accepted. Video games cannot be scratched (even if they play), cracked, chipped or skipping. Instruction booklet must be included. We reserve the right to make these determinations. For more information on selling to, please visit our help section.[/quote]

Yep, that's their rules, which means if you plan on flipping games from GS/EB to them, pay CLOSE attention to the condition of the games you're buying. I know I got rejected when I didn't check the one copy of Powerdrome Racing for PS2 that I was going to quickly flip for gas money($12 in cash) at the FYE down the other end of the mall. The guy at FYE showed me the disc and I just kind of laughed, since I had been foolish enough to think I had ended up with a good condition disc.

The fuckin thing looked like someone had got it wet, then dropped it bottom side down in sawdust, then let said sawdust dry on the fuckin disc. And I wonder why I rarely buy used shit from GS/EB. I took it back to their store, they cleaned it(with a paper towel and Windex) and I took it back to FYE and got my $12 for the game I just paid $2 for.

Got me, Slate, but I think someone said it is chainwide. So, the only thing to do is call, see if someone is half knowledgeable at the local store and if they are, that's your proof.

Well i didn't have any copies of Eragon so i took a new copy up to the trade in desk at Fye today. I asked them what the trade in price was and they told me 26.50. I asked if that was cash price and they said yes. I said do i get 25% more for store credit and 20% for trading with the bag and they said yes also. I could have swore i seen something about backstage pass members getting 10% more for trade ins

So there's no official website or scan? Ya know, so we can have a little bit of "backup" when presenting this deal to the store.

[quote name='Bezerker']From what i hear, this is back nationwide at all Transworld owned stores (Sam Goody, FYE, Suncoast, Saturday Matinee, Strawberries, Coconuts, Specs, WHerehouse, etc).

All of the stores except FYE should give you the 45% credit no problem. FYE is the black sheep of transworld and likes to make up their own rules about promotions, so YMMV on the 45%.[/QUOTE]

Wait does Suncoast take used games?

The stores should all have brown bags that reflect the extra 20% when you bring in the games in any bag. The 20% should add onto the 25% if you select credit (making Timesplitters a $5 into $23.20 credit deal).

From my experience, they'll take in 3 of the same games at a time; and they stopped taking in the same game after getting 5 from me, lol.

And unfortunately no, Suncoast doesnt take used games. Suncoast & FYE were all we had here (and Suncoast was the only one that knew it was suposed to be 45% for credit). Suncoast closed down so now FYE is all thats left. Hopefully now that FYE is abiding by the 25% credit policy, i'll have better luck.

I just called up my Gamestop who has 4+ copies of Eragon in stock new for $19.99, I can buy 3 open them up and then trade them into FYE for $38 after the 45% bump.

edit: The way to get $36 free dollars in store credit to FYE is buy 2 copies of Eragon new at GS/EB for $19.99 each. Open them up and trade them into FYE for $26.50+45% x 2(for both copies) of that for $76.85.

edit2: How should I go about asking how many I can trade in? Would calling ahead hurt and ask how many copies of a game I can trade in?

I went and checked to see if my list from the $1.99 Best Buy Clearance was still good; seems that the prices have stayed the same (good luck on finding most of these games though; the clearance has been going since Feb 24th).

All these prices are before the bonus 20% cash/45% credit:

http://www.geocities.com/soilman22285/fyelist.txt

Good find on the Eragon, if i can confirm that my FYE will do 45%; i'll jump on it big time.

Just called the FYE in Tampa Westshore. Said they do accept trade-ins, but only for dvds. No games at the moment. And no special promotions for trade-ins.

FYE is too limited on selection of games here, I did trade ins back then a lot at FYE but now the gaming section is even smaller!

My local Gamestop has Mario Tennis and Soul Calibur II in stock for Gamecube. I'm going to the Gamestop to pick up two Timesplitters and one Outlaw Golf 2. With those 3 games being trade in and taking the cash, not store credit I can get $52 which will translate into exactly enough for Mario Tennis and Soul Calibur. I might take the store credit for FYE if I see anything I like but most likely I won't.

Can someone explain this Brown Bag deal? I just called up and asked about any bonuses for trade ins and the guy said the only thing they are running is 25% extra if you take store credit. Maybe he didn't read the latest memo or something?

edit: called up another FYE and asked about specials to which there was a clear response "NO" to which I responded "Your not?" to another firm "NO".

edit2: called another FYE and asked again to "ummm nope".

I'm calling ahead and asking as much info as I can... I may swing by different FYEs and transfer my credit around through gift cards if possible... I'll also make different trips per day if I have to.

bread's done
Back