FYE 50% and 70% Off games! YMMV

Justmarbz

CAG Veteran
If you have a local FYE store, some are offering great deals on some new and old games. Check it out if you get a chance.For the 360, I picked up RB6:V new for $10 and also Stunman Ignition for $10.

They also have the deal going on for ps3, ps2, wii and ds games i believe

Last edited by a moderator:
should really put YMMV in the title for something like this, but it always seems to be YMMV with FYE deals anyways since a lot of the stores generally dont even have anything good left as far as game stock goes. mine has already been cleared out of anything remotely good, so i will have to pass. thanks anyways.

I believe this is happening in their sister stores as well, as I saw the deal in a Coconutz by mi casa. But as somebody said, 50% - 75% off their prices is like paying normal price at another store = /

[quote name='dragonjud']Hope this is true. I hate stepping into that store, only to find copies of Madden 2003 for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

So they put Madden 2003 on sale?

Madden 2003 is only on sale if you're a member, and know the super secret code word, and have the 3 matching puzzle pieces for the coupon, and if you know the manager.

I went to an FYE in downtown Philadelphia, and they had stacks of the last generation games all on clearance for 50% off, plus 75% off PC titles.

The catch - at least in my case - was that there were very few worthwhile titles in those stacks, and if you don't point out the "Clearance" sticker to the cashier, they will ring up at full price.

The PC titles were mostly MMOs, many of which are defunct.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I went to an FYE in downtown Philadelphia, and they had stacks of the last generation games all on clearance for 50% off, plus 75% off PC titles.

The catch - at least in my case - was that there were very few worthwhile titles in those stacks, and if you don't point out the "Clearance" sticker to the cashier, they will ring up at full price.

The PC titles were mostly MMOs, many of which are defunct.[/quote]

Well, saves me a trip there I guess. I would say something about the 24th & Oregon one, but they recently closed down, but they already had a cleaning out of their Games anyway. By the time I got there, wasn't much left.

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']Madden 2003 is only on sale if you're a member, and know the super secret code word, and have the 3 matching puzzle pieces for the coupon, and if you know the manager.[/quote]

I didn't know anyone else knew the secret code!

[quote name='lucao']You should put YMMV in the Title[/QUOTE]

I believe FYE only does this at the locations they are planning on stopping selling games at. They tend to ship new releases back to their warehouse after enough inventory is cleared out. Probably very YMMV.

This isn't totally related, but I had a recent bad experience at FYE (I had an FYE giftcard for 20 bucks) in which I was looking to buy a copy of "Resistance: Fall of Man".

I called the night previous and asked if they would price match another store's price (since their price was obviously still ridiculously high for a title now on the Greatest Hits list). I was told that YES they WOULD price match if I brought in an IN-STORE ad (online ads wouldn't count). SO, I stopped at best buy and grabbed an ad, which, fortunately, listed Resistance for 30 bucks. I was totally stoked.

So I went to FYE the following morning, and was told (by the SAME manager who said the night before that he would price match) that he couldn't go THAT low because it was below his cost. Nice.

I wished him good luck in selling an overpriced copy of a game now available anywhere else in the country for 30 bucks less.

You already know that FYE is a P.O.S. - this is just a nice story to further illustrate the point.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I went to an FYE in downtown Philadelphia, and they had stacks of the last generation games all on clearance for 50% off, plus 75% off PC titles.

The PC titles were mostly MMOs, many of which are defunct.[/quote]

Yep went to that one also. It's no deal having 50% off a game that's over 5 years old with it's original sticker price. Also most of those PC games are not worth it even at 75% off. I was curious about Tabula Rasa but I heard that game tanked.

[quote name='sanderdaniels81']Madden 2003 is only on sale if you're a member, and know the super secret code word, and have the 3 matching puzzle pieces for the coupon, and if you know the manager.[/quote]Typical of FYE, we have an ancient game no one wants, but we refuse to mark it down. :roll:

And I added YMMV to the title. Hey OP, want to tell us what store has the markdown? grah... you people, is it so hard to put a city or town name in your location?

Well, it is not the one in WDM, IA thankfully. I actually like my FYE, despite them being super anal about game trades. There are a few employees there that are really cool, know who I am and help me out with trying to get the best bang for my buck. I can build up some decent credit there at times with their specials and am happy they still carry new titles and don't charge more than retail for them, since it is a mall location.

Went to the Chicago downtown location. Every game is still regular priced! :cry: Some PS3 Greatest Hits for $50! Woohoo FYE!!!!

bread's done
Back