FYE - 50% off ALL GAMES - YMMV

Nelstone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm not sure if this has already been posted elsewhere.

The FYE at the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, Florida is selling all of it's video games for 50% off. Not sure if this is nation wide.

It looks like FYE stores without a huge dedicated gaming section are clearing out games instead of shipping them to the larger FYEs.

Here is what I picked up (price after 50% off):

- Enchanted Arms Collectors Edition, 360: $20
- Untold Legends: The Warriors Code, PSP: $10
- Jeanne D'Arc, PSP: $15
- Capcom Mini Mix, GBA: $5

Slim pickins' beyond that, IMHO.

Nelstone

[quote name='trunks982']anyone know if this is happening in NYC?[/QUOTE]

Someone here on CAG said they closed down the FYE in NYC...I was like WTF?!!? WHY?!?!?! Can anyone confirm this?

Unfortunately, the only FYE that I was able to check out this weekend was in Rockaway, and the store there is stilll selling their crap game selection at full price.

Hit the East Towne FYE; last day of their sale.

They had an official Guitar Hero Xplorer controller tucked behind a counter and found a hidden copy of Rock Band (game only). Got them for $29.98 each. :)

*sigh* once again the TWO FYE's (I'd like the shake the hand of the genius who decided to PUT TWO FYE's in the same mall!!) don't know jack about this promotion.

[quote name='Slappybob']Has anyone checked the one in Austin yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I checked both the Lakeline Mall store and the Highland Mall store. The first had zero video game merchandise, except for a "free-for-all" type bin at the back of the store that had a GBA E-Card reader and a three pack of billiards games for PS2. Yup... that's it.

I was luckier at the latter location, which had all kinds of games. (All consoles were represented.) Don't ask me what they had, because all I can think about is the bazillion copies of "The Hobbit" that were staring me in the face while I quickly flipped through the stacks. I did see plenty of XB360 and PS2 games, maybe one or two Wii & PS3. Forget about grabbing anything post- Ass Creed, pretty much.

I can confirm they are dying to sell off their inventory. The manager on duty must've asked me at least three times to "go ahead and grab a stack-full, we don't want them vidya games taking up rack space."

LOL.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='ITDEFX']*sigh* once again the TWO FYE's (I'd like the shake the hand of the genius who decided to PUT TWO FYE's in the same mall!!) don't know jack about this promotion.[/quote]

they don't know about it because it's not a promotion. FYE has been clearing out the "new" video game sections of low selling stores for the last 6 months or so. if the stores by you aren't getting rid of their new game section then you won't see the games being discounted.

Does anyone in the Los Angeles area know of a FYE that's having this clearance? I really have no way of getting there today, and don't really want it to be a waste of time if I go there and they aren't having one.

Made another trip last week to trade some DVDs and picked up:
Two Worlds - $20 (Don't laugh, I like the game and the framerate is better now.)
XboxLiveUnplugged (Arcade compilation) - $10

This weekend I stopped in at another FYE and they had a few good PSP games, I snagged: SW Battlefront: Renegade Squadron- $20.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Someone here on CAG said they closed down the FYE in NYC...I was like WTF?!!? WHY?!?!?! Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]
in fact, i don't think i've ever seen a FYE in NYC.

:bomb:

That smiley is very appropriate.

I went to the Imperial Valley Mall FYE today, and I asked a clerk about this. Then he went to ask who I assume was the manager, who immediately yelled "NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE!" and just glared at me. Meh. I hate this store.

They did however have a promo on used games: Buy three, get one free. What in the hell. Not only were all their games unbelievably overpriced, they didn't even know which was the right price! I saw games with different price tags - an example being three copies of a One Piece game for the Gamecube, which were tagged at $7, $19, and $40. Oh yeah, all the used games had new stickers on top of the older ones, so I'm sure they raised the price JUST FOR THIS PROMO.

GOD I hate that store.

Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location

just called my local FYE. it is for 360 since they do not carry PC games. I'm in the Kansas City Area.

Thanks Averageguy, Ill stop by that location or the one on Transit to see if they are doing it as well.

Dont forget to stop by my store and get your BB credit on a Value card :)

Can anyone confirm this? If this is true, I have a 50% off FYE near me, so I may be able to get it for $8 (after the 50 off and Backstage pass)!

[quote name='dblej68']just called my local FYE. it is for 360 since they do not carry PC games. I'm in the Kansas City Area.[/quote]Same price there as in the OP?

[quote name='luminus']darn all the ones in my area (Seattle region) said they stop carrying games.[/quote]

does that include Bellevue WA?
I may go and check it out

[quote name='ghost00']does that include Bellevue WA?
I may go and check it out[/quote]

The only thing near Seattle I didn't call was like, tukwila (Or whatever the name of that city is)

Picked up the last copy at the Fye in Greenville SC this morning. They're having a 50% off all games and accessories clearance sale, so after it rang up as 19.99, I was able to snag bioshock for 10 bucks.

Confirmed $19.99 in Fairfield, CT. The clerk said it is on sale for $19.99 from the 7th to the 18th of February across all FYE's.

IN STORE only. If you call they quote you $59.99. It has to be scanned to get the $19.99 price.

Good Luck!

I'm gonna try and stop in to FYE here in the mall I work at, I'll try and see if I can snag a copy. At $20, that's a friggin' steal.

But at 50% off, does that mean that the retail tag is $39.99 there? Or are they dropping from a $60 tag down to $20?

[quote name='ghost00']does that include Bellevue WA?
I may go and check it out[/QUOTE]

The Bellevue one does not carry games, I checked :(

sweet, just called my location and reserved the last copy. thanks a lot man. No bioshock for you Merrit Island, FL residents!

[quote name='ph0rk']sweet, just called my location and reserved the last copy. thanks a lot man. No bioshock for you Merrit Island, FL residents![/quote]

I'm sure those Merrit Islanders are going to believe you, too. Most retailers won't "hold" games for people just because they say they're coming in, but nice strategy. Hope nobody hits up your store before you.

I picked up bioshock for $19.99 today in the orlando fl oviedo marketplace fye. There was only 2 left. What a bargain and they are brand new sealed.

Confirmed at the Durham, NC Southpoint FYE location. Me and my buddy just picked up one each for $20. They only had one out on the shelf, but had several in their drawer behind the counter.

They were out of it at the Polaris Mall location in Columbus, OH. All games were being clearanced out there so they didn't have much of anything.

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']Calling first thing in the morning. Renting this game was the biggest mistake of my life.[/QUOTE]

You must have a great life then.

I just got back from the Tempe, AZ store and they had bioshock for $20 new. Someone stole them but I'm having one transferred. Does this mean I need to get my ass back over there? Would this imply that all new games are 50% off? Should these threads have been combined? The bioshock thing might not be YMMV.

FYE midtown shutdown?? Did they have a clearance? Shit i missed out..... I work just 2 blocks away and haven't been there in a while b /c of their bloated prices. Everything was 65 where it should have been 60 etc...Ridiculous!

Does anyone know if palisades mall or white plains is in with this 50% off? Or anywhere in northern jersey?

bread's done
Back