FYE 50% off ALL pc games (YMMV?)

Seventh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Well today I went to my local FYE up at the mall and I was browsing through their PC selections. After browsing for about 10 minutes I glanced up and saw a sign that read PC Liquidation all PC games 50% off* (1/20/08-02/04/08). So I brought the copy of Everquest 2 Rise of Kunark and Dawn of War Platinum to the register asking if they can hold on to it until Sunday for me. The clerk said she could not as they can only hold things for one day, so I inquired as if she can give me the 50% off deal today. She told me the 50% liquidation is already going on so I happily made my purchase saving some much needed cash.

SO anyways to the point FYE has all PC games for 50% off, this was at the Trumbull, CT location for me. (YMMV?)

I would think highly YMMV. That store is probably just ceasing to carry PC games, like how some stores are simply ceasing to carry video games at all.

ok so how much did you pay for those games...cause FYE is not the cheapest of stores to get pc games at

[quote name='ogrenator']ok so how much did you pay for those games...cause FYE is not the cheapest of stores to get pc games anything at[/quote]

fixed that for you :)

I hate FYE, but if there's a good deal (seldomly), I'll go.

Yeah, I'm from Bristol, CT and our FYE is going through total liquidation. They don't sell any PC games though...just console stuff. And FYE kind of has extravagant prices in the first place, so all the 20% offs and whatnot just sort of lower the prices back down to "reasonable" :whistle2:(

lol thx penguin...but yeah we all pretty much agree that this will pretty much be worthless because of the high prices on most things
well if anyone sees anything good let us know

[quote name='runscottie']Yeah, I'm from Bristol, CT and our FYE is going through total liquidation. They don't sell any PC games though...just console stuff. And FYE kind of has extravagant prices in the first place, so all the 20% offs and whatnot just sort of lower the prices back down to "reasonable" :whistle2:([/quote]
Wow, only 20%? That sucks. Well, hold out and hope for the best. When it gets to 30 or 40 percent, there might still be a few titles that the stupid rubes didn't walk off with at 10%, saying, "Wow, this is such a great deal!!!"

I finally got around to hitting up the FYE that closing in Wayne, NJ, but I came far too late, even into the heavy liquidation. The game area was destroyed, most likely attacked by local hoarders, but I was still able to get my hands on a few things at a great price.

Ill def be taking advantage of the brown paper bag deal. The bag is going to be overflowing. I Will be going to the one in Trumbull too.

And, of course, the only FYE around here that even sells PC games is currently undergoing renovation... Dang it!

bread's done
Back