FYE All PS2 games B1G1 free after mail-in rebate

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Update: 04.30: I noticed tonight that the signage was back out for B1G1 PS2 games, so I guess this is active again. New rebate form added below. New dates are 4/22/-5/19.

This was mentioned in the FYE PS2 clearance thread, but I figured it deserved its own topic.

All PS2 games are buy 1, get 1 free at FYE after mail-in rebate (purchased 4/22-5/19). Here's the sign at my local store:

This is a little different from most FYE rebates, as my cashier friend told me that a rebate slip will not print automatically. Instead you need to fill in a paper rebate form, which they'll have to find and give to you. I've made a scan of it here:

(This rebate should be printed as half a page, 8"x5")

This is especially great, since FYE just clearanced a few hundred PS2 games, and this rebate should work on them.

PRO TIP: It would be wise to have the cashier ring up each set of games separately, as the rebate form limits one rebate per envelope (limit of 6 rebates total).

I don't know how this will work with Backstage Pass. I'm assuming they will only rebate what you actually paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand this to be new only, but then again, it doesn't specify anywhere??
[quote name='T3kN']I hate FYE
fuck that store[/quote]
Excellent, constructive contribution to the thread!

Thanks OP! This will also be good for some of the $30 to $40 games that haven't gone down in price yet (i.e. Xenosaga III). I'll definitely be checking it out tomorrow.

You have to remember that when it comes to rebates, their sole desire is for you to not bother sending it in. If you do, their goal becomes to not give you your money, so they will often reject you, usually for no reason at all. If you stay on-top of them, you'll get your gift card, check, or whatever they are sending out.

My one experience with a rebate from FYE went like this. When the 360 HD-DVD add-ons first went on clearance, they had a $30 rebate. So, I picked one up and sent away for my giftcard. And even though the receipt clearly said "Xbox 360 HD-DVD," what was the reason for my rejection? "Did not purchase a qualifying product." So, I simply sent them back everything the way it was returned to me, except for the nasty letter I wrote. Got my rebate in a couple of weeks.

All this rebate stuff is why I think we should have an FYE deals thread so there aren't 5+ FYE rebate deal threads floating around...

[quote name='hopeunknown']All this rebate stuff is why I think we should have an FYE deals thread so there aren't 5+ FYE rebate deal threads floating around...[/quote]
Not really a good idea IMO, because then the forum becomes really hard to browse. Can you imagine if we had all the Amazon deals in one thread? Besides, the PS2 markdowns are permanent while this promo ends at the end of the month.

[quote name='cranguy']Not really a good idea IMO, because then the forum becomes really hard to browse. Can you imagine if we had all the Amazon deals in one thread? Besides, the PS2 markdowns are permanent while this promo ends at the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

Difference is that Amazon deals tend to be daily, whereas these deals are usually a couple weeks to a month (or longer). I dunno, I just find it annoying to have 5+ threads with everyone asking the same questions about rebates, etc. It would be much easier to have one thread with a FAQ at the beginning.

Which location was that, Rave child? Actually, there's a topic in the Shopping Discussion forums where it looks like FYE is shifting their PS2 inventory around to other stores. Other CAGs have also reported a disappearing PS2 section.

[quote name='cranguy']Which location was that, Rave child? Actually, there's a topic in the Shopping Discussion forums where it looks like FYE is shifting their PS2 inventory around to other stores. Other CAGs have also reported a disappearing PS2 section.[/quote]

Georgetown Shopping Center in Brooklyn, NY. I'll look for that thread and post it there, too.

I noticed tonight that the signage was back out for B1G1 PS2 games, so I guess this is active again. I don't know what the new dates are. If anyone has a rebate form or knows the dates, please post em.

DOn't bother with this. FYE rebates are a lie.
I sent in for a rebate on an original xbox and got the response that i didn't purchase a qualifying product even though it clearly stated that I'd purchased an Xbox on the receipt.
I hate rebates in general, but FYE rebates in particular.

This may be isolated, but all of my FYE rebates have not only come quickly, but without any hassle at all. Dunno why...

I had a problem with a FYE rebate years ago. It clearly said buy GTA san andreaa (I forget which) and get a 20 dollar rebate. So I send it in and they reply I dont qualify, I have to buy vice city and san andreas, there was a typo on the rebate. So I call FYE coroporate about it and nothing happens. Send complaint to BBB and in a month FYE sends me a letter and a $20 gift card. I will never do rebates with them (or shop there unless is a good deal).

[quote name='safire']In some other thread involving FYE and rebates, people were saying some nasty things. Buyer beware.[/quote]

I may have been one of those people. My impression is that FYE's rebate processors are semi-fraudulent (FYE may not be, but they selected the processor ...). They appear to deny many if not most valid rebate submissions. Lots of people likely give up at that point, and they get to keep your money. If this is indeed their practice (which it appears to be given the great number of rebates they reject) it should set them up for a nice class action suit.

But I digress. If you're going to go ahead with this, you MUST keep copies of everything you submit. Always a good rule with rebates, but vital with FYE because more likely than not they will attempt to screw you.

They will email you with a generic message saying your rebate is "being processed" but make sure you follow the link anyway, because what they're not informing you is that they've already decided to reject your rebate for a demonstrably false reason (i.e. purchased during the wrong time period, wrong product, etc.) Never follow the link in the generic email and you'd just go along thinking your rebate was going to show up one of these days ...

File a complaint with them immediately. In my experience, if you complain and point out the specific evidence showing that their rejection is crap, they'll roll over and approve your claim. Others have not been so lucky, in which case you should immediately file a BBB claim.

So, great if you enjoy fighting pointless battles with support people paid to deny your claims without cause. Excellent training for when you need your insurance co. to pay for something, but not a lot of fun otherwise ...

All PS2 games are now Buy 1 get 1 free WITHOUT the rebate. I picked up a bunch of stuff last night for $145! 22 games in total with some rare stuff! There is also going to be some sort of a sale this Sunday, but the game deals going now are not changing. They're just going to put tables out at the fromt of the store with games on them. Which draws more attention to the games so if you want something go before Sunday! My store had just gotten a shipment of new PS2 games that they were packing out too so you may find some good stuff! :)

bread's done
Back