FYE: All S.A.V.E. Sets 50% Off

DNukem170

Banned
Was just in FYE and they brought back their promo where all of FUNimation's S.A.V.E. sets are half off, meaning most of the sets are $9.99-$14.99. This does not include any previous releases, even if they use the same cover art. It also includes the few Blu-ray titles, though that may be even more as Devil May Cry (normally $34.99) was $14.99.

In more general FYE news, all used stuff is B2G1 for $1.

What's the dates? In store only I guess as I don't see anything online? I hope its not in store only I have 3 FYE stores... slim pickings across all 3 stores :(

Actually sucks for me if it is in store only though more cause I have 0 time this week its finals week and I got to get my last mysql backed website up, finish a 10k word history report, and our networking class has to finish setting up the network for the engineering building as our final project. Not gonna have time or sleep this week :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea on the dates, as there's no signage, just generic sales stickers.

Last time my store did it the sale lasted 3 months.

I saw both Kaleido Star sets for 14.99 a couple weeks ago. I prayed they were still this price and I picked them both up. Happy Birthday to me. You have to admit...for F.Y.E this sale is pretty spectacular.

Thanks, OP--I picked up The Tower of Druaga and Heroic Age for $14.99 each. I'll have to decide whether to keep both of them (I already owned the first half of Druaga, not sure about Heroic Age's quality).

[quote name='killa5k7']You have to admit...for F.Y.E this sale is pretty spectacular.[/QUOTE]

Even on eBay and Amazon it can be hard to get S.A.V.E. sets this low. And that doesn't even include shipping. Hopefully it will last until June, but that might be pushing it.

If people are unsure of what to get, the previously mentioned Kaleido Star and Druaga are awesome. Girl's Bravo is not as funny as Heaven's Lost Property but still good. Linebarrels of Iron and Aquarion are pretty good mech series. Sands of Destruction is a nice, short series. Gun X Sword can be great fun. Romeo X Juliet is wonderful. Bamboo Blade is silly fun. Air is a masterpiece (TV only, the movie sucked). Gad Guard, though not for everyone, has some strong character development. Pumpkin Scissors definitely needs more love. School Rumble is just flat-out hilarious.

[quote name='DNukem170']Even on eBay and Amazon it can be hard to get S.A.V.E. sets this low. And that doesn't even include shipping. Hopefully it will last until June, but that might be pushing it.

If people are unsure of what to get, the previously mentioned Kaleido Star and Druaga are awesome. Girl's Bravo is not as funny as Heaven's Lost Property but still good. Linebarrels of Iron and Aquarion are pretty good mech series. Sands of Destruction is a nice, short series. Gun X Sword can be great fun. Romeo X Juliet is wonderful. Bamboo Blade is silly fun. Air is a masterpiece (TV only, the movie sucked). Gad Guard, though not for everyone, has some strong character development. Pumpkin Scissors definitely needs more love. School Rumble is just flat-out hilarious.[/QUOTE]Thanks for all of the mini-mini-reviews :)lol:). I might go back for Air and School Rumble. Any thoughts on Heroic Age?

Would this sale include Suncoast? I think they're both owned by the same company? It's probably a slim chance, but thought I'd ask.

[quote name='erehwon']Would this sale include Suncoast? I think they're both owned by the same company? It's probably a slim chance, but thought I'd ask.[/QUOTE]

Probably, as they usually share sales, but all the Suncoasts around me closed down so I have no idea.

Grrrr I at the closest mall with an FYE few days ago, but didn't check it out. Don't feel like taking the time to drive there again.

[quote name='DNukem170']Even on eBay and Amazon it can be hard to get S.A.V.E. sets this low. And that doesn't even include shipping. Hopefully it will last until June, but that might be pushing it.

If people are unsure of what to get, the previously mentioned Kaleido Star and Druaga are awesome. Girl's Bravo is not as funny as Heaven's Lost Property but still good. Linebarrels of Iron and Aquarion are pretty good mech series. Sands of Destruction is a nice, short series. Gun X Sword can be great fun. Romeo X Juliet is wonderful. Bamboo Blade is silly fun. Air is a masterpiece (TV only, the movie sucked). Gad Guard, though not for everyone, has some strong character development. Pumpkin Scissors definitely needs more love. School Rumble is just flat-out hilarious.[/QUOTE]Sorry to quote your post again, but just making sure you saw my question: What are your thoughts on Heroic Age?

Also, what do people think of Utawarerumono?

[quote name='Vigilante']Sorry to quote your post again, but just making sure you saw my question: What are your thoughts on Heroic Age?

Also, what do people think of Utawarerumono?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, haven't seen either.

My local Suncoast is doing this deal too, but the series I wanted the most (Welcome to the NHK) doesn't seem to be on sale.

Amazon currently has several (NOT all) S.A.V.E. sets on sale for 50% (or more) off--mostly the ones with $29.98 MSRP so that they're now $14.99. I ordered Heroic Age and The Tower of Druaga there and I plan on returning the FYE copies since I have Amazon credit to use. Utawarerumono and Welcome to the NHK are both $13.49, better than 50% off. School Rumble is unfortunately not on sale.

There's too many for me to post separate links, so just use this link and look through the selection: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=movies-tv&field-keywords=s.a.v.e.

You know the crazy thing is the FYE closed in Hagerstown last year and now they just reopened last week in another place in the mall. Just to note, we also have a Suncoast in the same mall. We also have two GameStops (the GS was a Babbage's and the other one was an EB that I once worked it) and both of those are still open to this day. Guess some companies like opening dupe stores? I dunno.

Anyway... yeah, I can confirm that I saw this deal. My FYE also has Trigun: Badlands Rumble for $7.99 on DVD. I saw probably 20+ copies so it could be YMMV depending on the stock of your store(s).

Yea, FYE has been begging people to take the DVDs of both Badlands Rumble and Eva 1.01/1.10. They even had a "Free movie with purchase" dealie last year.

Also, I am shocked the Suncoast here in White Marsh is still open. I thought they all turned into FYEs.

I found a copy of the complete set for Air for $9.99 (and returned Heroic Age and Druaga since Amazon had them for $14.99), though I think it was mistagged as the S.A.V.E. because I can't see the green stripe or any other indication that it's the S.A.V.E. :???:

...Not that I'm complaining. :lol:

[quote name='Vigilante']Amazon currently has several (NOT all) S.A.V.E. sets on sale for 50% (or more) off--mostly the ones with $29.98 MSRP so that they're now $14.99. I ordered Heroic Age and The Tower of Druaga there and I plan on returning the FYE copies since I have Amazon credit to use. Utawarerumono and Welcome to the NHK are both $13.49, better than 50% off. School Rumble is unfortunately not on sale.

There's too many for me to post separate links, so just use this link and look through the selection: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=movies-tv&field-keywords=s.a.v.e.[/QUOTE]

damn you for that link....damn you lol

[quote name='Vigilante']Amazon currently has several (NOT all) S.A.V.E. sets on sale for 50% (or more) off--mostly the ones with $29.98 MSRP so that they're now $14.99. I ordered Heroic Age and The Tower of Druaga there and I plan on returning the FYE copies since I have Amazon credit to use. Utawarerumono and Welcome to the NHK are both $13.49, better than 50% off. School Rumble is unfortunately not on sale.

There's too many for me to post separate links, so just use this link and look through the selection: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=movies-tv&field-keywords=s.a.v.e.[/QUOTE]

Sigh, the one I want isn't included in the sale. Some of the sets coming out in the next few months(Case Closed, Birdy the Mighty Decode) are part of the sale(yes, they are a bit cheaper than they were listed originally). But for some reason My Bride is a Mermaid isn't part of the sale. Guess I'll just order it from Rightstuf.

Have a feeling that the ones on sale are ones that they have a ton of in stock. Since the ones not on sale(School Rumble among others) seem to go out of stock more often. For some reason, Sasami: Magical Girls Club season sets keep going out of stock, even though they've been the same price for months.

[quote name='Vigilante']I found a copy of the complete set for Air for $9.99 (and returned Heroic Age and Druaga since Amazon had them for $14.99), though I think it was mistagged as the S.A.V.E. because I can't see the green stripe or any other indication that it's the S.A.V.E. :???:

...Not that I'm complaining. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think the Air regular set and S.A.V.E. set are the same SKU for some reason. I had the sane thing happen last time they had the sale.

Just forget about the movie, however. It sucks horribly.

[quote name='tangytangerine']But for some reason My Bride is a Mermaid isn't part of the sale. Guess I'll just order it from Rightstuf.[/QUOTE]
I would wait and see if FYE's sale is still going on before ordering from RightStuf. Unless you don't have an FYE or Suncoast near you.

[quote name='DNukem170']I think the Air regular set and S.A.V.E. set are the same SKU for some reason. I had the sane thing happen last time they had the sale.

Just forget about the movie, however. It sucks horribly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Air TV set is same thing. Only difference is a S.A.V.E. sticker on the plastic wrapping. I know Galaxy Railways, Sasami: Magical Girls Club, Solty Rei(at least the older versions), Moonphase(the original S.A.V.E. version) all had the same packaging as their original collection sets with a S.A.V.E. sticker on them.

I wouldn't bother with the movie either, although the S.A.V.E. version of that movie is now OOP.

[quote name='DNukem170']I would wait and see if FYE's sale is still going on before ordering from RightStuf. Unless you don't have an FYE or Suncoast near you.[/QUOTE]

The one FYE near me closed up last summer. But there is another one an hour away, although they've always had a poor selection of anime.

At this point, I'll just order it from Rightstuf, since it's $17.99 on there(& they usually send it out early if you order before the release date). Even with shipping costs, it'll probably be cheaper than wasting gas going there.

BTW, Funimation just posted a link. This is all the stuff that just went on sale on Amazon(includes complete series of Soul Eater for $26.99)

http://astore.amazon.com/funimation_store-20?node=9&page=1

[quote name='DNukem170']I think the Air regular set and S.A.V.E. set are the same SKU for some reason. I had the sane thing happen last time they had the sale.

Just forget about the movie, however. It sucks horribly.[/QUOTE]

i remember enjoying the movie but i havent seen the series. but i will now as i ordered it. to be honest i dont remember the movie anymore but i remember enjoying it.

[quote name='Gden']A lot of these are available on sale on amazon.[/QUOTE]

But not all of them and many are more expensive than FYE.

For reference, this is every S.A.V.E. series FUNimation has made so far:

- 009-1
- Ah! My Goddess Season 2
- Air TV
- Air: the Motion Picture
- Air Gear
- Aquarion
- Balder Force EXE
- Bamboo Blade
- Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
- Big Windup
- Birdy the Mighty: Decode (released 6/4)
- Black Blood Brothers (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Black Cat
- Blade of the Phantom Master
- Blassreiter
- Case Closed Season 1 (released 6/23)
- Case Closed Season 2 (released 6/23)
- Case Closed Season 3 (released 6/23)
- Case Closed Season 4 (released 6/23)
- Case Closed Season 5 (released 6/23)
- Casshern Sins (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Chrome Shelled Reigos (released 6/18)
- Comic Party Revolution
- Corpse Princess
- Coyote Ragtime Show
- D.Gray Man Season 1
- D.Gray Man Season 2
- Devil May Cry (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Dragonaut
- El Cazador de la Bruja
- Gad Guard
- Galaxy Railways
- Gankutsuou
- Ghost Hunt
- Girls Bravo
- Glass Fleet
- Gun X Sword
- Guyver
- Heat Guy J
- Heroic Age (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Hell Girl Season 1
- Ikkitousen Season 1
- Initial D: First Stage
- Initial D: Second and Third Stages
- Initial D: Fourth Stage
- Jinki Extend
- Jyu-Oh-Sei
- Linebarrels of Iron
- Kaleido Star Season 1
- Kaleido Star Season 2
- Kanon
- Kaze no Stigma
- Kodocha Season 1
- Kodocha Season 2
- Kurau Phantom Memory
- Le Chevalier D'Eon
- Magikano
- Moeyo Ken
- Moon Phase
- Moonlight Mile
- MushiShi
- My Bride is a Mermaid (released 5/14)
- Nabari no Ou
- Negima! Season 1
- Negima?! Season 2
- Nerima Daikon Brothers
- Pani Poni Dash
- Peach Girl
- Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Project Blue Earth S.O.S.
- Pumpkin Scissors
- Ragnarok
- Red Garden
- Romeo X Juliet
- Rumbling Hearts
- Sands of Destruction
- Sasami Season 1
- Sasami Season 2
- School Rumble Season 1
- School Rumble Season 2
- Shuffle
- Speed Grapher
- Solty Rei
- Suzuka
- Synthesia
- Tenchi Muyo! GXP
- Tokyo Majin
- Tower of Druaga
- Tsubasa Season 1 (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Tsubasa Season 2 (DVD & Blu-ray)
- Tsubasa OAV (DVD & Blu-ray)
- UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie Seasons 3 & 4
- Utawarerumono
- Venus Versus Virus
- Vexille
- Wallflower
- Welcome to the NHK
- Xenosaga
- xxxHOLiC

FYE sent another coupon E-mail which can save you more on these sets. If you order online, use the code ATWENTYMAY to get 20% off your whole order. In-store, use this coupon:

fye_01.gif

Works this weekend only.

For the 20% off your purchase coupon, could I just pull that up on my phone and show them, or would I have to print it? It's just a code they type in on the register so I would hope it doesn't matter.

Thanks for the coupon; I'm going to see if I can find Linebarrels of Iron for $14.99, and I'll bring the Air Complete Series I already bought to see if I can return-rebuy to get 20% off that, as well.

[quote name='kayne2000']well my copy of AIR the complete series isnt the SAVE version. yay that SAVE logo is hideous[/QUOTE]I thought so, too, but you can reverse the cover jacket to get a S.A.V.E.-logo-less cover that looks far better IMO, at least for Heroic Age and Druaga.

[quote name='Vigilante']I thought so, too, but you can reverse the cover jacket to get a S.A.V.E.-logo-less cover that looks far better IMO, at least for Heroic Age and Druaga.[/QUOTE]

hmm good to know ill have to check it out.

So here's the deal with the SAVE editions. The very early versions of SAVE editions actually weren't really all uglied up, and only had the SAVE on the plastic wrapping, but of course after you remove that they weren't there anymore. Then they evolved into the early SAVE editions, so that means the earlier shows that were released in SAVE editions did not have proper reversible spines, which means that some of them even if you reverse the spine did not have a proper spine that had a title, and so on, so it was basically just part of the cover art on the inside. The final evolution of the SAVE editions are the ones that you can just reverse the cover, and the spine will have the title, and what not, so it doesn't look like ass.

At one time SAVE editions really weren't that bad from the start since it was just on the plastic wrapping, so if you find some without the ugly logo, it is probably one of the original releases. If you find one that you can't really reverse properly, those are the first evolution, and if you have one you can openly reverse without any problems, those are the newer editions.

[quote name='Squarehard']So here's the deal with the SAVE editions. The very early versions of SAVE editions actually weren't really all uglied up, and only had the SAVE on the plastic wrapping, but of course after you remove that they weren't there anymore. Then they evolved into the early SAVE editions, so that means the earlier shows that were released in SAVE editions did not have proper reversible spines, which means that some of them even if you reverse the spine did not have a proper spine that had a title, and so on, so it was basically just part of the cover art on the inside. The final evolution of the SAVE editions are the ones that you can just reverse the cover, and the spine will have the title, and what not, so it doesn't look like ass.

At one time SAVE editions really weren't that bad from the start since it was just on the plastic wrapping, so if you find some without the ugly logo, it is probably one of the original releases. If you find one that you can't really reverse properly, those are the first evolution, and if you have one you can openly reverse without any problems, those are the newer editions.[/QUOTE]

way more info than i ever wanted to know on that lol

im still glad i ordered the AIR series and didnt get a SAVE cover yay. goes good with my non SAVE one of the movie.

[quote name='kayne2000']way more info than i ever wanted to know on that lol

im still glad i ordered the AIR series and didnt get a SAVE cover yay. goes good with my non SAVE one of the movie.[/QUOTE]

Psh! :bouncy:

Many of the covers aren't truly reversible. The cover and spine are OK, but the back is the episode titles instead of the normal cover.

SAVE sets from Funimation have always looked hideous due to their crappy covers but I am tempted to grab a few. Going to probably browse my FYE before work tomorrow since the coupon sweetens the deal a little.

[quote name='DNukem170']Many of the covers aren't truly reversible. The cover and spine are OK, but the back is the episode titles instead of the normal cover.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think I had to specify that since the real issue really is just the ugly ass puke green spines when they are on your shelves. ;D

well it turns out one of the SAVE ones isnt reversible. Le Chevalier D'eon is the guilty culprit.

EDIT:

[quote name='Squarehard']I didn't think I had to specify that since the real issue really is just the ugly ass puke green spines when they are on your shelves. ;D[/QUOTE]

well you should of you specified everything else lol

Managed to get out to FYE and grabbed a few things before closing tonight with the coupon. Got 3 animes for about $12 each. Pretty much evened out with sales tax and all, but a good deal regardless. Thanks, DNukem170 for posting the coupon.

Thinking of putting the rest of my Amazon credit to some of the S.A.V.E. sets here (Despite there fugliness haha).

Anybody have any good recommendations of the ones available?

[quote name='3GSid']Anybody have any good recommendations of the ones available?[/QUOTE]

- Air TV
- Aquarion
- Bamboo Blade
- Case Closed
- Gad Guard
- Girls Bravo
- Gun X Sword
- Linebarrels of Iron
- Kaleido Star
- Kodocha
- Pumpkin Scissors
- Romeo X Juliet
- Sands of Destruction
- School Rumble
- Solty Rei
- Tower of Druaga

[quote name='DNukem170']- Air TV
- Aquarion
- Bamboo Blade
- Case Closed
- Gad Guard
- Girls Bravo
- Gun X Sword
- Linebarrels of Iron
- Kaleido Star
- Kodocha
- Pumpkin Scissors
- Romeo X Juliet
- Sands of Destruction
- School Rumble
- Solty Rei
- Tower of Druaga[/QUOTE]

What he said plus

Air: the Motion Picture
Casshern Sins (DVD & Blu-ray)
MushiShi
Rumbling Hearts
xxxHOLiC

[quote name='3GSid']Thinking of putting the rest of my Amazon credit to some of the S.A.V.E. sets here (Despite there fugliness haha).

Anybody have any good recommendations of the ones available?[/QUOTE]

i enjoyed corpse princess and speed grapher(if insane Rated R or higher scenes dont bother you....its not smut it fits well within the story)

bread's done
Back