FYE: Anime Deal buy one get AFRO or FMA for 5 bucks more

dddddddd

CAG Veteran
I just got back from my local FYE that had the promotion of: Buy one anime dvd priced $5 or more and receive either Afro Samurai Season 1 uncut or Full Metal Alchemist season 1 Part 1 for five bucks.

I took advantage of this by buying a used anime dvd that was $5 but that could have been because I knew the manager. The manager did call corporate to see if there was any restrictions but he could only get the run around from the phone tree.

All in all I thought this was a great deal and I figured I should share this with the community.

Sounds alright if you need to start, or complete a collection. Luckily you had the manager working in your favor.

Does FYE even carry more than one copy of anything? I can't imagine them having a stack of FMA season 1 part 1 sets to give away cheap -- much less to sell at full retail.

Thanks for a heads up anyways.

Though if anyone is interested, I'm trying to sell the entire series of FMA if anyone wants it. All 13 discs (51 episodes) and a movie

[quote name='Hibiwa']Sounds alright if you need to start, or complete a collection. Luckily you had the manager working in your favor.

Does FYE even carry more than one copy of anything? I can't imagine them having a stack of FMA season 1 part 1 sets to give away cheap -- much less to sell at full retail.

Thanks for a heads up anyways.[/QUOTE]

Actually at my local store they had 4 copies of Afro but only one Full metal alchemist box so I do see where your coming from.

Sale is now dead. Appears to be a mix up between corporate and the distributer, from what the manager told me one or the other backed out of the deal at the last minute.

bread's done
Back