fye buy 1 used get 1 for $5

Tebunker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
if you have an fye near you I would suggest checking them out. They generally have used games, and if you are looking for a couple of games you can do worse than packaging them together.

Note that they are horrible at updating their prices on used games so you may have to hunt and peck to make sure the pricing and combined pricing on your games is in line.

"Generally" isn't really an accurate description.  Rarely seems to be better.

Out of the 7 stores I've been to recently only 2 have games.

The only deal I got from FYE recently was getting LEGO Hobbit for X1 for $9.99 plus a 10% discount for their trial membership to their (ripoff) VIP club which you can cancel after leaving the store.

Fye started to consolidate their games stores around this time last year...I happened to work there...worst used prices to date but they do also offer some awkwardly high trade in values on some games

That is what I miss most from FYE, the ridiculous trade in values. Getting $25 - $27 for almost worthless games TRU and EB had for $2 - $5 was great. Longtime members will probably remember the game names Malice, Room Zoom, Motor Trend Lotus Challenge, Sneakers and many others.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what I miss most from FYE, the ridiculous trade in values. Getting $25 - $27 for almost worthless games TRU and EB had for $2 - $5 was great. Longtime members will probably remember the game names Malice, Room Zoom, Motor Trend Lotus Challenge, Sneakers and many others.
Ahhh, those were the days!

The closest FYE to me had a great selection of games back in the PS2 era, then got rid of them all abruptly. Then, about 3 years ago that same location started carrying games again. I was just in there this past week and POOF!, all games are gone from the store again. Why can't they just make up their mind if they are going to be selling games or not?

Two FYE stores near me--sounds like a deal I'll be checking out. Spotted a few decent games last time I went. Maybe I'll pick up Tekken Tag 2. 

Hmm. I didn't even know FYE had games (if they still do). Thought it was just a music store. Then again I haven't been in probably over 6+ years

I didn't realize that more don't than do. I thought some time in the last couple of years after they consolidated a lot of stores that the used inventory was enough to end up at the majority.

Still worth checking out and definitely check the pricing because like I said it's horrendous.

Stopped by my local FYE yesterday. Tons of games, but all way overpriced. I can buy three games at Amazon, brand new, for the cost of only getting two used titles in this sale. 

Murdered: Soul Suspect for $40, used? Seriously?! I paid $10 for that back in November, that that was way too much.

they were doing a 40% off new and used games back in like june or july at mine

it would have been GREAT if they had games i wanted.

bread's done
Back