FYE/Coconuts Price Drops (Sale?)

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thought this needed its own thread. Right now it is not clear if these are permanent price drops or if the items are just temporarily on sale.

Confirmed prices at FYE and Coconuts for NEW games:

:gc:

Baten Kaitos Origins: 9.99
Pikmin 2: 9.99
DK junglebeat w/o bongos: 9.99
Donkey Konga 2 w/o bongos: 14.99
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords: 19.99
Pokemon XD: 24.99

:ds:

Club House Games: 19.99
Avatar: The Last Airbender: $20 (down from $30) [Nintendo DS]

:gba: Dynasty Warriors $10 (down from $20) [Game Boy Advance]

This list should grow as more people report sales. There was a guy at FYE walking around with a big stack of markdown tags, so the full list should ultimately have 20+ titles.

Dang... just got a non-PC copy of Pikmin 2 at fye last weekend. Too bad it's a 45 minute drive, otherwise I would do a return and rebuy.

Hey all - went to FYE today and got Clubhouse games for $20 - Thanks OP!

I saw two other portable games on sale:

:ds: Avatar: The Last Airbender: $20 (down from $30) [Nintendo DS]
:gba: Dynasty Warriors $10 (down from $20) [Game Boy Advance]

Not great perhaps, but I wanted to pass the info on.

-- Oxygen

Yep. Baten Kaitos Origins still had the 39.99 sticker but rang up for $10 as reported. To quote Borat: "veeery nice!" Maybe something some cags might want to jump on. Not a super rare game or anything, but if memory serves, it was the last game published by nintendo for the gamecube (Other than Twilight Princess). Who knows if it'll be easy to find in a year or so. And I really doubt you'll be able to find it for less than 10 ever.

roc's feather;2760386 said:
Yep. Baten Kaitos Origins still had the 39.99 sticker but rang up for $10 as reported. To quote Borat: "veeery nice!" Maybe something some cags might want to jump on. Not a super rare game or anything, but if memory serves, it was the last game published by nintendo for the gamecube (Other than Twilight Princess). Who knows if it'll be easy to find in a year or so. And I really doubt you'll be able to find it for less than 10 ever.

At my cousin's FYE it didn't :(. The girl did a price check and it came up at 19.99. Is the 9.99 during checkout/hit total type thing or should it just come up 9.99 regardless? Just my luck, it was the last copy too.....

[quote name='kfkl']sweet, getting Baten Kaitos Origins tomorrow, nearest fye actually had it in stock.[/QUOTE]

Definitely going to look for that for myself as well. ;-)

Confirmed at my local Sam Goody. Managed to snag Baten Kaitos Origins and Pikmin 2. And I'm not sure how many people are interested in it at this point in my area, there were four copies left. It was marked 39.99, though, and he started retagging when I brought it up for a price check.

Sarge out.

Picked up Dk Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga for $9.99 and $14.88 - WITH BONGOS. They were marked with the lower price stickers.

went to 2 diff FYE's and no Baten Kaitos Origins, if anyone can grab me one id gladly pay a fair price, also have onimusha 2(sealed) and front mission 4 (sealed) for it

Im not sure if its YMMV, but I went to a FYE about 2 weeks ago, and there was a buy 2 umd movies for 20 sale, and also a table with used games, dvds, and cds for 25% off.

rofl, i was at an fye today (non-mall one) and they still had a pokemon pinball for gameboy color SEALED!! that and kirby and the amazing mirror and a copy of warioware touched. i should go back and see if they got marked down in price from the stickers...pokemon pinball was still stickered $40

hey - re: pokemon pinball

the fye near me had all their gameboy color games on sale for 4.99, i would be they are that price their too. i did pick up pokemon pinball sealed for 4.99. i can post a list of everything else i got for 4.99 too when i get home if you are interested.

that baten game is barely worth 10 bucks. THe game is very very hard and most people will hate the game. I got it off gamefly for 22 bucks last year played it around hour and tosed it to the side never playing it again.

You use 1 deck this time instead of 3 and the AI is just way too freaking hard

Not necessarily, if you're a fan of the first one. The battle system IS different, but it's also faster than the first. I remember spending an hour and a half in that Giacomo back-to-back battle later in the first game.

In any case, I finally figured out the battle system last night, and it's actually a little easier overall to get rolling, although I miss the complexities of the first game at times. But things seem a little less random this time around, and the shared decks are not too big a deal.

One improvement is that you don't have to have TONS of defensive Magnus, you can just use one, and until the durability is gone, it holds up. Quite cool.

One area that it IS better in is the voice acting. It was so bad in the first game that I turned it off. All of a sudden, the game got better. This one is actually bearable. And the music... well, Motoi Sakuraba is the bomb.

Sarge out.

OK, so I went back to the Toms River, NJ Coconuts today and wrote down a bunch of games that had sale stickers. A lot of them weren't good deals even on sale.

Here's some of what I saw:

True Swing Golf (DS) - $9.99
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab (DS) - $19.99
Ape Escape 3 (PS2) - $19.99
ATV Offroad Fury 4 (PS2) - $29.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (PS2) - $39.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360) - $49.99

They also had Suikoden V (PS2) at the regular price of $40. That's apparently hard to find, so it would be a nice grab for anyone who's been looking for it.

A few weeks ago I found SCARFACE for 19.99 for PS2..Not sure if it was a YMMV or a mismark, I passed it up cause I got it fer XBOX. Worth checking out if yer looking for it.

Hmm... there's a Coconuts near me, but I don't know if I'll be able to check it out. Nothing that really strikes my fancy, but if anyone doesn't have Donkey Konga or Jungle Beat and the bongos, go out and get 'em -- such a blast.

will check baten kaitos origins, that is awesome for that price!

EDIT: got the last copy of it at the bronx FYE on broadway. saw a few titles but nothing really anything special. they did have DK jungle beat and konga 2 there if anyone is interested.

So I went to FYE today to get a copy of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat(after realizing it was actually $15, despite this store still had it marked at $40), and somehow they had a copy of Baiten Kaitos Origins! It wasn't there when I checked before, so I don't know how that happened, but I won't complain about getting a game I wanted for $10.

So, does anyone know if Baten Kaitos Origins is still $9.99? Just not sure if it's still on sale since this was reported almost 3 weeks ago now.

[quote name='hopeunknown']and a copy of warioware touched. [/quote]

Was this marked down? I'd kill to find a good deal on it.

[quote name='garfep']Was this marked down? I'd kill to find a good deal on it.[/quote]

no, it was still 34.99 on the sticker

i might go back to that fye sometime this week and check up on some stuff

bread's done
Back