FYE Deal: Xbox360 GTA:IV w/Free $50 GC

aspower

CAGiversary!
I couldn't find anything about this yet so here it goes.

Just stopped off at a local FYE, and saw a sign...
"Buy XBox360 version of GTA:IV and receive a $50 gift card between 5/25 and 6/14."

Yeah, I didn't believe it either, but I asked an employee for clarification, and yes it is too good but true. Unfortunately, they had zero in stock and were iffy about rainchecks. Supposedly they'll have more in next week.

I don't know if this is just a local DC area special or if it's nationwide. FYE.com makes no mention of it.

Anyways, the deal is: Buy the xbox360 version at $59.99, and after the 14th of June, you can redeem the $50 GC (I guess they don't want people returning the game after using the card.

Good luck.

That's freakin insane! I know some stores have a $50 gc with purchase of a 360 CONSOLE and GTA IV... but $50 off of GTA IV is nuts! I'd be surprised it they weren't mixing up the other promo.

Still, good on ya if you can get them to do it.

Yeah, I was thinking they must mean CONSOLE + GTA:IV = $50 GC, but the fine print said nothing about buying the console.

And yeah, it's Xbox360 only.

Actually it's in Wheaton Plaza MD, but I just threw DC out there for regional ID. I hadn't checked the other FYEs in the area. I definitely think someone screwed up on the implementation and left out the "w/ purchase of CONSOLE" on the promotion, so this could be a YMMV situation.

Definitely send a post if anyone makes out on this deal or knows of an FYE with GTAIV in stock. So far I'm 0-1 as the Wheaton, MD store is out of stock.

It was a no-go in the panhandle area of Florida. I didn't see any advertisements saying anything about MIR, Giftcard or bundle specials for GTA IV 360. FYE's system is usually funny though, where rebates and such will not print out until after the transaction is completed - so I gave it a go and nothing extra printed out. I asked the cashier if there were any specials going on with the game that would include a giftcard / rebate / anything and she said no. She did try to push a director's cut Gladiator DVD on me for $8; she failed.

[quote name='aspower']Actually it's in Wheaton Plaza MD, but I just threw DC out there for regional ID. I hadn't checked the other FYEs in the area. I definitely think someone screwed up on the implementation and left out the "w/ purchase of CONSOLE" on the promotion, so this could be a YMMV situation. [/quote]I saw this advertised at the Union Station fye, exactly as OP says, buy game and get $50 "game cash." (Knowing fye, it will be some kind of coupon card rather than an actual gift card)

Called the Cleveland Ohio store here. The deal here is buying the console and the game and get a giftcard for use until the 16th

No go on this, folks. My local FYE had the same sign- buy the 360 version of GTA IV and get $50 game cash, no mention of a console purchase- but the deal does indeed require the console purchase. When I pointed out to the employee that nowhere in the fine print did the sign indicate that buying a system was necessary, she pointed to the "see sales associate for details" line at the bottom- apparently, the need to spend an extra several hundred bucks to take advantage of the deal was a "detail."

bread's done
Back