FYE Deals: B2G1 used Games, DVDs, Music YMMV | DS games $29.99 lower $9.99 after MIR

phear3d

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
THIS COULD BE YMMV: i was just there today and i asked when does it end, i was told maybe by the end of this month. whats cool about is that you dont have to all buy games to get the promo, you can mix them like i did today: Eternal Darkness, RE 0, and Rescue Dawn Bluray.

heres a pic

03f1bde9.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!! PLEASE READ !!

after reading some of the messages below, just make sure to check with your local FYE before buying these games. it seems like this might have been an old deal and just forgot to take down the signs.

they also have a DS promo: $29.99 games are $9.99 after Mail in Rebate.

a80b4542.jpg

---

could be a deal for some people, but they have the gears of war 2 lancer replica for $99.99

f264f13f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For DVDs, the 40% off any 1 used DVD/CD coupon is a better deal, but I'll definitely go back soon and see what DS games they've gotten since last I checked.

Last month I did the rebate for N+, they've approved my rebate but I'm still waiting for it. Games I know they stock to look out for:

Galactrix $29.99
Henry Hatsworth $29.99

Remember folks, you don't need to send the actual UPC code from the product, just send the yellow FYE barcode sticker on the front of your package. No sense in defacing a DS game for no reason...

[quote name='Kerig']For DVDs, the 40% off any 1 used DVD/CD coupon is a better deal, but I'll definitely go back soon and see what DS games they've gotten since last I checked.
[/QUOTE]

Which 40% off coupon would this be? I only saw one out there that expired last year...

I saw the $9.99 after rebate for DS games. I asked if it was the old promo which ended a few weeks ago or a new one they didn't know. After searching and finding nothing in their paperwork they said it was part of the old and forgot to pull the signs. Funny thing is, during the promotion a few weeks ago, they didn't have the signs up. It didn't matter since they didn't have any good DS games anyways.

BTW, all my rebates were just approved yesterday for the DS games I bought a few weeks ago.

FYE by me was really confused. at first they thought that the deal was that new DS games are 50% off AR, but that's starting tomorrow. the $10 AR on $30 games ends today. this is all half-assed information - but it's according to my NJ FYE

it was B2G1 half off at my store, and every thing is terribly overpriced (18.99 used cds and dvds? no thanks.)

the one good deal I did find in there was all the 2009 Calendars were on sale for 2 dollars (normally like 19.99-29.99+). I got a Naruto (for me), World of Warcraft (for my brother) and Bob Marley (for my dad). Only other good ones were a Bat-Man one (which didn't look too great by the pictures so I passed), Tupac, Halo 3 and then a ton of CampRock/jonas brothers/hannah montana crap.

Message to the OP nice PIC of the Lancer Replicas.

I was Sooooooooo tempted to buy one of those during my Local FYE going out of business sale.

First they were $50 then $25, on the last day I think they were like $15 bucks.

Just an FYI about FYE rebates (the DS ones) - I got my rebate approved today after sending it out probably 2 weeks ago. So they're pretty quick. And you just have to send the packaging sticker. Just make sure to scan + copy everything for backup. sucks that they use cash cards instead of checks, but it seems a lot of companies are doing this now.

I hope it's still going on. None of the stores had Fire Emblem last time. The rebate prints when it's rung up, so if it doesn't, I guess return the game?

[quote name='hopeunknown']The rebate prints when it's rung up, so if it doesn't, I guess return the game?[/quote]

This is the issue I have about it. Employees seem to have no info about their promotions. I really don't want to have to buy something just to find out whether or not I want to buy it.

If I see actual promotional materials soon for a 50% off AR on DS games, I can live with that.

phear3d - you may want to update your original post since the $9.99 AR deal for DS games is no longer valid. However, there is a new deal for DS and Wii games at FYE:

ALL Wii and DS games are 50% off after mail in rebate at FYE! Deal is valid 3/25 to 4/21.

I picked up Retro Game Challenge (it would be $13.50 after Backstage Pass and rebate) and this would also be good for Chrono Trigger, though I haven't got it yet myself. I haven't personally confirmed the Wii game part of the rebate, though the cashier mentioned it included all Wii games as well.

Rather than make a new thread I figured I would post it in here. phear3d - feel free to add this to your original post.

[quote name='hopeunknown']Just an FYI about FYE rebates (the DS ones) - I got my rebate approved today after sending it out probably 2 weeks ago. So they're pretty quick.
00.gif
00.gif
[/quote]

That's great too hear, I've dealt with companies for MIR's in the past and they drag and drag. Drives me crazy, and sometimes it's not even worth it.

Independence, MO was doing the B2G1 and I picked out the 2 Halo 3 Collector's Edition and RE 4 Premium Edition at $29.99 each. So those 3 for $64 or so. I was happy. I didn't see that $9.99 rebate deal though. This was on Wednesday I got those games.

bread's done
Back