FYE - Everything on Sale In Store Up to 50% Off

I guess they are really trying to boost sales. It's getting that time of the year for FYE to cut off a bunch of stores again...

They had this a while back. I think only crappy stuff is 50% off. CDs and DVDs are about 20-25, and I think blu-rays may also be 20.

The FYE near me told me last I was there they are no longer carrying new games. They said they'd continue doing trade ins and selling used games, but nothing new in the box would be sold there when it comes to games.

I also noticed they have an original XBL box behind the counter. I want it.

It actually is a good sale. The FYE in my area has used PS2 games 50% off and GC and XBOX games 75% off. PS3, 360 and Wii games are only 5% off but coupons can be stacked. I think DVD's and CD's are 20% and Blu's are 10% and there is 50% off some clearance. I found a couple of gems but also had to return 3 games because they were so torn up they would not boot. In the end though I was very happy with what I got especially Star Wars Outcast Jedi Knight 2 for Xbox in perfect condition for $3. They told me the sale was good until Oct. 30

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for them to go into liquidation... some of my favorite shopping times in the past few years were the CompUSA and Circuit City liquidations.

[quote name='zenintrude']Can't wait for them to go into liquidation... some of my favorite shopping times in the past few years were the CompUSA and Circuit City liquidations.[/QUOTE]

if you buy used... you can get way better prices from the now than you'll find in liquidation.

Nothing really that interesting at the Eastridge Mall (San Jose) location. BRs were only 10% off as well as used games (or were they 20%?). Anyways, as I noted in the Watchmen thread, I couldn't help myself from picking up the collector's edition for $44 out the door after BSP and 10% sale. Not the greatest of deals but I used trade in credit from the previous brown bag trade in deals and it's OOP and hard to find now. Didn't want to wait for a future drop.

[quote name='Afflicted']if you buy used... you can get way better prices from the now than you'll find in liquidation.[/QUOTE]

Not true. The FYE in my college town went out of business and I got some pretty epic deals. My buddy and I went up there almost every day just for the heck of it do see if we missed something, you could get stuff like:
-10 energy drinks for a dollar
-DVDs anywhere from $2 for a normal movie to only $10 on a collection, and $15-$20 on TV shows
-Blu-rays $10-15 each
-Games were dirt cheap...one day they had them 70% off, I ended up getting a sealed Beautiful Katamari for like 10 bucks. They had tons of games for the choosing, too. Even titles at 59.99 were 20 or so.
-CDs were $4-6 each
-Figurines were literally less than a dollar. One weird guy came in and bought probably 80 Bakugan (sp?) toys for like 10 dollars.
-Posters were 2-3 dollars
-Skullcandy headphones for $5 a pair

Needless to say, I spent probably $150 total and ended up with $500 worth of junk. Even sold a couple things for profit that I didn't end up wanting. Soo yeah...when they start liquidating, some of you will find some GOOD stuff ;)

I got some mediocre PS2 titles last time i went to FYE(Dolphin Mall in Miami FL).

Genji(was like brand new)
Mad Maestro
Raiden III
kingdom hearts II
Project Eden
about 10 more

they also has a random ps1 game too, final fantasy origins(crazy i know).

the prices were ridiculously low, i got all of them for under $5 each and ff origins was like a dollar fifty(if i recall it was 75% off all used ps2 games).

this was like 8 months ago.

[quote name='Porksta']They had this a while back. I think only crappy stuff is 50% off. CDs and DVDs are about 20-25, and I think blu-rays may also be 20.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Right.
FYE has a store-wide sale where all single-disc CDs (meaning about 90% of them) are $9.99. Day 1 releases and everything.
The only CDs that aren't $9.99 are CDs with more than one disc.

My local store (that is strangely still called Sun Coast) had 10% off most things and 30% off used dvds. Nothing all that exciting, I picked up the Slayers Try set for like 12 bucks which seemed decent.

[quote name='chuckstaton']Haha. Right.
FYE has a store-wide sale where all single-disc CDs (meaning about 90% of them) are $9.99. Day 1 releases and everything.
The only CDs that aren't $9.99 are CDs with more than one disc.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, those numbers are in percentages off, I didn't mean prices.

bread's done
Back