FYE??? Giving cards instead of slips?

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
262 (100%)
I noticed at Coconuts they are now giving out merchandise cards rather than paper slips...is fye doing this to? Also can the cards be added to with more trade-ins like an edge card?

They've been doing this at my local FYE for almost 2 years now. It's nothing more than putting your paper slip on a gift card. A gift card works...like a gift card. Amounts can be added if needed.

[quote name='mtxbass1']They've been doing this at my local FYE for almost 2 years now. It's nothing more than putting your paper slip on a gift card. A gift card works...like a gift card. Amounts can be added if needed.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....well this card actually says Merchandise Credit on it...as opposed to being a gift card. This is the first time I've seen it as I used to get paper slips instead. I asked if another trade-in could be added to the card and the women told me no because its already been used. It seems silly to me if that is actually the case. I'm just glad even if I had to use 2 or 3 cards they don't show me trading in the same game more than once.

My FYE stores still give out slips, so I have to buy gift cards with them if I don't want to carry around a bunch of credit receipts.

[quote name='jkam']Hmmm....well this card actually says Merchandise Credit on it...as opposed to being a gift card. This is the first time I've seen it as I used to get paper slips instead. I asked if another trade-in could be added to the card and the women told me no because its already been used. It seems silly to me if that is actually the case. I'm just glad even if I had to use 2 or 3 cards they don't show me trading in the same game more than once.[/QUOTE]

Odd. Why create a card just for this case then? Everytime they have done it for me, it's been on a gift card.

[quote name='jkam']Hmmm....well this card actually says Merchandise Credit on it...as opposed to being a gift card. This is the first time I've seen it as I used to get paper slips instead. I asked if another trade-in could be added to the card and the women told me no because its already been used. It seems silly to me if that is actually the case. I'm just glad even if I had to use 2 or 3 cards they don't show me trading in the same game more than once.[/QUOTE]

I just did some trade ins at FYE on thurs and sat, and I too was surprised that I received a merchandise card. The second time around I tried adding to the card, but the lady said that she needed to put it on a new one.

Now I can use it online and I don't have to worry about the paper slip getting faded.

On the back of the card it says that it can be used at Spec's, does anyone know what this is? It would make sense to be another music store, but it'd pretty sweet if I could use it at the alcohol store Spec's.

[quote name='pinoy530']I just did some trade ins at FYE on thurs and sat, and I too was surprised that I received a merchandise card. The second time around I tried adding to the card, but the lady said that she needed to put it on a new one.

Now I can use it online and I don't have to worry about the paper slip getting faded.

On the back of the card it says that it can be used at Spec's, does anyone know what this is? It would make sense to be another music store, but it'd pretty sweet if I could use it at the alcohol store Spec's.[/QUOTE]

According to the Trans World site (the company that owns these places) Spec's is in flordia and puerto rico. It's a music store, games yadda yadda probably like FYE.

bread's done
Back