FYE has the Playstation 3-D Display Bundle for $199.99 after $200 mail-in rebate

Their price in store is unfortunately $399.99 for it, but after the mail-in rebate it takes it down to $100 cheaper than Best Buy and other retailers are selling it for right now.

EDIT: This is brick and mortar stores ONLY as far as I know. Not all FYE stores sell games or gaming related merchandise anymore. So this is unfortunately also a YMMV deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't have a Frys, but can you price match BB and still use the rebate?[/QUOTE]
He said FYE.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't have a Frys, but can you price match BB and still use the rebate?[/QUOTE]
I think IaTCG meant FYE not Frys?

Yeah he did say FYE I am just so used to Fry's having better sales that I made a slip, my apologies. And since FYE doesn't price match then my question is void at this point.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']MLB and the glasses end up worth more than the $100 difference. Unless they give that too.[/QUOTE]

But what if I don't want MLB?

Since Best Buy price adjusts for gift cards, how would they do it for this? Just sell the bundle for $199.99?

Could make for some cool, temporary 3Dtv and this will, more than likely, be $200(or, at least, again for this sale price) this year.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Since Best Buy price adjusts for gift cards, how would they do it for this? Just sell the bundle for $199.99?

Could make for some cool, temporary 3Dtv and this will, more than likely, be $200(or, at least, again for this sale price) this year.[/QUOTE]

I am almost positive they won't match a rebate

I got my 3D display with the GS $225 glitch yesterday. I would be very interested to see if BB matched the $200 price. I didn't open it yet. I would return it and buy at BB if they do.

FYE might be the only company that I think is shittier then Deep Discount when it comes to shipping items.

However since this appears to be a B&M deal then go for it....

I'd like to hear more information about the rebate T&C though

[quote name='zaxxon2000']I got my 3D display with the GS $225 glitch yesterday. I would be very interested to see if BB matched the $200 price. I didn't open it yet. I would return it and buy at BB if they do.[/QUOTE]

What glitch?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am almost positive they won't match a rebate[/QUOTE]

Yeah, probably. I called a store and asked for the manager because the employees:whistle2:#. Anywho, the manager was busy. I started off with a story of how they price match gift cards by subtracing the cost paid at their store. The employee was like... we don't do that. So, I didn't, even, begin on the PS3 display. I've read about them price matching gift cards.

I won't sweat that BB price match, display rebate thingy because that would have been an impulse buy and I would have been like...wtf did I just buy! 100" more!

So many sales on that. What are you up to, Sony?

I edited the OP to state that this is a B&M deal ONLY at this point.

Still feel it's a decent deal if you don't care about MLB12 or another pair of glasses for $100 more from BB.

This would be a better deal since I don't want to bother selling MLB from the BB sale, but I don't have a FYE anywhere near me.

Then again, the tax is worse.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Yeah, probably. I called a store and asked for the manager because the employees:whistle2:#. Anywho, the manager was busy. I started off with a story of how they price match gift cards by subtracing the cost paid at their store. The employee was like... we don't do that. So, I didn't, even, begin on the PS3 display. I've read about them price matching gift cards.

I won't sweat that BB price match, display rebate thingy because that would have been an impulse buy and I would have been like...wtf did I just buy! 100" more!

So many sales on that. What are you up to, Sony?[/QUOTE]

Yah...the employee was right and you are wrong. The USED to price match gift card deals but then modified their PM policy in July last year to exclude that part.

The only two FYEs I knew of around me closed down about 2 years ago. :( Oh well. I'll wait for Best Buy's inevitable deal like this.

[quote name='PatelKing']Yah...the employee was right and you are wrong. The USED to price match gift card deals but then modified their PM policy in July last year to exclude that part.[/QUOTE]

Those who price match may want to read the update. I was scanning through it about 'rebates'. On Google, there were some scattered words about rebates before I clicked the link. On the site, I didn't notice or overlooked whatever there was/is 'supposed' to be there about rebates.

Updated March 4, 2012.

I haven't done any price matching, yet.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']What glitch?[/QUOTE]

Two trade-in deals stacked for a day or so, massive abuse commenced, laughs were had, money was made.

BB wont price match

i called and since its a mail in rebate it doesnt apply. if it was instant discount/rebate at the register then it would, but since you pay 400 at the register and have to wait for a 4-6 week mail in rebate of a gift card, they wouldnt do it

its ok though, the 2nd pair of glasses and MLB 12 are worth the $100s really, especially cuz i ended up with uncharted 3 and mw2 in exchange for mlb 12. if i didnt want uc3,mw2 or the 2nd pair of glasses, id be annoyed right now. better to have the extra pair of glasses and 2 games i think, but both are great deals.

looks like 300 is the rock bottom price except for a rebate for a while.

So it's 400+tax up front for the tv. There are no glasses or game for the 24"? ... Ill prob go check this out at my local FYE anyway to see if i can find the ad. Stroll over to BB and try my luck. XD

When is Sony going to see that the 299 FOR THE BUNDLE is still over priced for most considering that the main buy is the tv (which is ONLY 24").
^
I like caps

If it only had a DVI port I would consider it. Not interested in the TV itself for PS3 stuff but as a new PC monitor/PS3 tv, it would be nice.

Beware when buying this Display that you might have to deal with the Ocassional Black Screen problem that this things are getting. There's a huge thread on the Playstation forums regarding this issue. I got mine about a week ago and i confirm that the problem is still there, the black screen shows randomly for 2 or 3 seconds twice a week in my case. There's plenty of people that returned this things cause the problem was showing too often even after they replaced the display for a new one.

Here's the link for the forum thread regarding this issue:
http://community.us.playstation.com/message/36489373#36489373

As for me i haven't returned mine yet, i have a 6 months guarantee so if the problem gets worse i'll be returning it. Some people had stated they sended the Display back to Sony and they gave them a new one without any defects so far.

can you return the display to bestbuy if the items are opened because of the black screen and dead pixels?

like if you opened the glasses and the games and dont have the box, just the receipt, what would they do for you?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If it only had a DVI port I would consider it. Not interested in the TV itself for PS3 stuff but as a new PC monitor/PS3 tv, it would be nice.[/QUOTE]

It has an HDMI input, that's the same thing just with audio. Adapters are cheap and included with most monitors and graphics cards, you possibly have one laying around already.

I'd buy it for kicks at 199. Hopefully a retail store in my area does so before they disappear.
The quality is the only worrying thing but eh, it's just 200.

If this thing wasnt so defective it would be a steal at this price w/ 2 games and 2 glasses.
Come on sony no wonder you cant make a profit

[quote name='dallow']I'd buy it for kicks at 199. Hopefully a retail store in my area does so before they disappear.
The quality is the only worrying thing but eh, it's just 200.[/QUOTE]
Same, would buy it for $200. Add in an extended warranty for $30/$40. Going to use it to hook up my macbook and PS3.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']rebates are so outdated. hassle and trouble aren't worth it. retailers still using these tactics need to go out-of-business.[/QUOTE]
:roll:It's called patience. Something very few on here have anymore. They want the instant gratification and cannot wait til 6-8 weeks out to get their money back via rebate/ebates/etc.

That's all fine and well. But to wish a retailer to go out of business and thousands of people to lose their jobs because you're impatient is ridiculous. While I agree that you're entitled to your opinion, did you really have to express it in a thread where it wasn't needed?

[quote name='LCAWC']Two trade-in deals stacked for a day or so, massive abuse commenced, laughs were had, money was made.[/QUOTE]

I can't help to read that in Mordin's voice :lol:

Also, THIS DISPLAY IS NOT A TV! It does not have a receiver for basic channels.

So if you want to pick up your local channels, you can use one of these-

$(KGrHqF,!rEE88gWlDmiBPWTj0pp1!~~60_58.JPG

The problem is that it will be converted to an analog signal. It has composite-out (red-white-yellow).

By the way, here is a link to FYE's product page-

http://www.fye.com/PlayStation-3-3D...productId139990620VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

[quote name='Nintendonly']Also, THIS DISPLAY IS NOT A TV! It does not have a receiver for basic channels.

So if you want to pick up your local channels, you can use one of these-

$(KGrHqF,!rEE88gWlDmiBPWTj0pp1!~~60_58.JPG

The problem is that it will be converted to an analog signal. It has composite-out (red-white-yellow).

By the way, here is a link to FYE's product page-

http://www.fye.com/PlayStation-3-3D...productId139990620VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm[/QUOTE]

You realize they also make HDTV tuners as well right?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815260027

I just called them up and the offer expired on March 13th, although the guy said they may be doing it again if I called tomorrow.

I also looked up Rhode Island's rebate law, and the advertisement pretty much has to make the $199 price more prevalent than anything else in order for me to take advantage of the law.

mine broke last night, returned to best buy today. they could bundle it with anything they want, i wouldnt get one again. all these price drops or rebates are sonys attempt at cashin in by unloading a defective product before the federal trade commission mandates a recall lol...

bread's done
Back