FYE Memorial Day weekend sales

cranguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
My friend who works at FYE told me today that they will be having the following sales on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of this coming Memorial Day weekend:

All remaining new PS1, Gamecube, and original Xbox games will be $1
All used products B2G1
All new Xbox 360 games $29.99 and under will be 50% off. All new Xbox 360 games above $29.99 will be 25% off.

Not sure if this will be universal, so possible YMMV.

must be a joke, if its not, then there really is not alot of deals. FYE regular prices are sky high. Only good deal is the old generation games for $1 and selection has to be slime.

[quote name='nixmahn']selection has to be slime.[/QUOTE]

That's quite expected when you look at typical gamers who peruse through the games.

considering most of their PS1, Gamecube and Xbox (original) games are already 75% off, I wouldn't be surprised, given the stock @ my local FYE. Might actually be worth a look at the PS1 games, since I've already scoured the Xbox ones for anything worth getting.

Used games area already B2G1 as far as I recall @ mine.

As far as the :360: games, 50% off new @ $29.99 and under? That could work out well...

too bad I've already told myself no more games for a while :|

Are there any stores with PS1, Gamecube and Xbox games? I've been to all of the ones in Central NY from Albany to Syracuse and they have not had those in for the longest time. The one near me still has some GBA games. Too bad that was not part of the $1.00 sale.

[quote name='caldazar']considering most of their PS1, Gamecube and Xbox (original) games are already 75% off, I wouldn't be surprised, given the stock @ my local FYE. Might actually be worth a look at the PS1 games, since I've already scoured the Xbox ones for anything worth getting.

Used games area already B2G1 as far as I recall @ mine.

As far as the :360: games, 50% off new @ $29.99 and under? That could work out well...

too bad I've already told myself no more games for a while :|[/QUOTE]

Eastview mall?

Eastview Mall still has tons of older-gen games last time I was there. No ones even buying them at the 75% off that seems to be the normal sale. And its nice to see some Rochesterian CAGS.

My local FYE shows no signs of ever doing these clearences, it's a big stand-alone dinasaur of a store and still has a very large game section (ps1 games are all sports/racing, lol), and they haven't ever done ANY of the 10%/25%/etc etc on game prices. Everytime I see a thread about FYE like this I get my hopes up, only to see them still charging full, horrible prices, with zero percent discounts. :'(

they did this last year too i got some good deals at the time prince caspin for like $10 and Spiderman 3 for 4.99 both New Sealed gotta remember though its new games only.

Yeah, Eastview :D I hit it once a week looking @ Sears & FYE. Nice to have Kmart and Target right here too. Easy run for my dinner break. I've even been able to flip a few orig xbox titles @ GC from FYE once I found out they weren't backwards compatible with my 360.

*edit* on a side note - managed to pick up some decent PS2 titles last year when they had a huge influx of games from other stores and were selling them for 90% off. Every once in a while they have some good deals.

Most of these games were already listed in the system at $1 to $3, the thing is they're referring to NEW games. I saw some gems at FYE this past weekend :)xbox: Fatal Frame 2, :xbox: Psychonauts, and a bunch more) and when I had the guy price check them he was telling me $1 or $1.25 for each one. I took a huge stack up to the register and it turns out he was looking at the new price, but the used prices were still up there. Ended up putting everything back except for the two rarest games I saw, Fatal Frame 2 and UFC Tapout 2, which were $7.99 each.

[quote name='unsungweezer']Eastview Mall still has tons of older-gen games last time I was there. No ones even buying them at the 75% off that seems to be the normal sale. And its nice to see some Rochesterian CAGS.[/QUOTE]

rochesterian here too, but kinda gets me antsy to beat you all to the deals!! :wave:twoguns: Though i normally shop on the west side, eastview is a 35 min drive so i rarely make it out there with 2 malls already within 15 mins of me.

[quote name='caldazar']Yeah, Eastview :D I hit it once a week looking @ Sears & FYE. Nice to have Kmart and Target right here too. Easy run for my dinner break. I've even been able to flip a few orig xbox titles @ GC from FYE once I found out they weren't backwards compatible with my 360.

*edit* on a side note - managed to pick up some decent PS2 titles last year when they had a huge influx of games from other stores and were selling them for 90% off. Every once in a while they have some good deals.[/QUOTE]

don't forget theres a best buy and wal mart around there also! so your the one who took the last fallout 3 goty for ps3 from sears!!! lmao!

wow! i didn't know there was this many cags from rochester! I got a bunch of games if any of you want to ever trade!

add me on xbox is u want - GT - TheREALmikey14 and PS3 - xxPrey4deathxx

[quote name='polo14player']don't forget theres a best buy and wal mart around there also! so your the one who took the last fallout 3 goty for ps3 from sears!!! lmao!

wow! i didn't know there was this many cags from rochester! I got a bunch of games if any of you want to ever trade!

add me on xbox is u want - GT - TheREALmikey14 and PS3 - xxPrey4deathxx[/QUOTE]

hey pm me a list of games you are getting rid of for 360 and ps3. I have a few for both systems and a bunch of PS2 to trade.

[quote name='sinned47']here's hoping that my fye has a copy of einhander for ps1. getting that for 1 dollar would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with THAT one ;)

[quote name='polo14player']don't forget theres a best buy and wal mart around there also! so your the one who took the last fallout 3 goty for ps3 from sears!!! lmao!

add me on xbox is u want - GT - TheREALmikey14 and PS3 - xxPrey4deathxx[/QUOTE]

True enough about BB and Walmart, but I haven't seen a decent deal at either yet :D

Oldboy I sent you a friend request on XBL

They did the 50% off 360 $29.99 or less last year, but the selection was crap. What was awesome was that they had a printed flyer which I snagged, jumped over to BestBuy to PM and picked up The Orange Box, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, Mirror's Edge and Trivial Pursuit for ~$60.

[quote name='caldazar']Yeah, Eastview :D I hit it once a week looking @ Sears & FYE. Nice to have Kmart and Target right here too. Easy run for my dinner break. I've even been able to flip a few orig xbox titles @ GC from FYE once I found out they weren't backwards compatible with my 360.

*edit* on a side note - managed to pick up some decent PS2 titles last year when they had a huge influx of games from other stores and were selling them for 90% off. Every once in a while they have some good deals.[/QUOTE]

Haha, another Rochesterian here. The 90% off that you mentioned wasn't the Eastview FYE was it? It would kinda suck if it was cause i went there a lot before i went off to college and never saw the ps2 games go that low.

[quote name='Aznchaos3']Haha, another Rochesterian here. The 90% off that you mentioned wasn't the Eastview FYE was it? It would kinda suck if it was cause i went there a lot before i went off to college and never saw the ps2 games go that low.[/QUOTE]

It was indeed. Come to think of it...was probably 1.5 yrs ago...but yeah, I picked up Rogue Galaxy, Metal Arms...some others I ended up trading in.

my fye no longer sells video games but when they were ditching stock i did get a few nice items. the HUGE HUGE fye sales were last january when they just started clearancing out ps2 cube gba etc..i ended up getting over 40+ new games for my collection(free after selling items) and couple hundred in profits. the only good games that were left i picked up already which was dawn of mana x3 for 5$ each.

[quote name='polo14player']Eastview mall?[/QUOTE]

So much for my idea. I live in Auburn and that's gonna be quite a hike with all the Rochester CAGers already gonna be scooping up everything :(

My FYE has no older consoles games in stock and the few games they do have is a very limited selection that is priced like Walmart (high). Besides where is the deals for PS3 and Wii. Xbox is the least sold out of the 3 and the one that has all the retailers dropping prices and clearancing like crazy.

[quote name='JTHuffy']So much for my idea. I live in Auburn and that's gonna be quite a hike with all the Rochester CAGers already gonna be scooping up everything :([/QUOTE]

I'm not going to go crazy on it...I mean, how many copies of NHL Gameday 2004 (xbox) does one man need? Take the drive, buy some games! :bouncy:

[quote name='nixmahn']must be a joke, if its not, then there really is not alot of deals. FYE regular prices are sky high. Only good deal is the old generation games for $1 and selection has to be slime.[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for this one. I actually spoke to a manager yesterday about this and he told me exactly what OP said. Oh and I bought a few xbox 360 games for 50% off yesterday and today.

[quote name='JTHuffy']So much for my idea. I live in Auburn and that's gonna be quite a hike with all the Rochester CAGers already gonna be scooping up everything :([/QUOTE]
I'm out in Auburn too, but I've had to go to Roch. a few times for work in the last few weeks, and I always come home with a stack of, like, ten games from the Eastview Mall FYE :) So, by this point, the only games left that I'm even remotely interested in are, necessarily, games that I didn't deem worth it even at 75% off.

And even then, I'm tempted to drive out and grab some of these bottom-of-the-barrel stragglers at a buck apiece. What the hell is wrong with me? Oh, that's right. I'm a CAG! :)

[quote name='autopiloton']Most of these games were already listed in the system at $1 to $3, the thing is they're referring to NEW games. I saw some gems at FYE this past weekend :)xbox: Fatal Frame 2, :xbox: Psychonauts, and a bunch more) and when I had the guy price check them he was telling me $1 or $1.25 for each one. I took a huge stack up to the register and it turns out he was looking at the new price, but the used prices were still up there. Ended up putting everything back except for the two rarest games I saw, Fatal Frame 2 and UFC Tapout 2, which were $7.99 each.[/QUOTE]
You probably should've snagged Psychonauts at $1 or so since it's a fun game and well worth that price. I paid about $3 for it when it was clearanced at Kmart about 3-4 years ago and I still have yet to open it up, though I had it in my collection prior.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You probably should've snagged Psychonauts at $1 or so since it's a fun game and well worth that price. I paid about $3 for it when it was clearanced at Kmart about 3-4 years ago and I still have yet to open it up, though I had it in my collection prior.[/QUOTE]

No, one of the guys on the floor price checked all the stuff and told me that all of the games were $1 to $3, BUT when I took all the games up to the lady at the register she explained and showed me on the computer that those prices he had said were for the new games, not the used ones that they had. So when they rang up, they were all much more expensive. Psychonauts rang up at $14.99. That's why I put them all back except for the two rarest ones, that were still a deal at $7.99.

I went back to talk to the guy after checking out and he said that he assumed that if the new price was $1 they would use that as the used price since it was much lower than the used price listed on the computer. This was also the guy that insisted Brave Fencer Musashi (the first one) was on PS2. I tried to explain to him that it was a PSone game, but he insisted on looking at all of the PS2 racks for it. I didn't want to argue much because he had been price checking all the Xbox games at the time and I didn't know that he was telling me the wrong prices.

Just called the FYE at Eastview Mall in Victor, NY. I asked specifically about Xbox/GC games going on sale for $1 this weekend. He put me on hold to check, and came back explaining that, while many stores were in fact running that promotion this weekend, their location was NOT one of them :(

Guess that saves me the drive, tho!

EDIT: So maybe let's go ahead and add YMMV to the title there, OP :)

[quote name='autopiloton']No, one of the guys on the floor price checked all the stuff and told me that all of the games were $1 to $3, BUT when I took all the games up to the lady at the register she explained and showed me on the computer that those prices he had said were for the new games, not the used ones that they had. So when they rang up, they were all much more expensive. Psychonauts rang up at $14.99. That's why I put them all back except for the two rarest ones, that were still a deal at $7.99.

I went back to talk to the guy after checking out and he said that he assumed that if the new price was $1 they would use that as the used price since it was much lower than the used price listed on the computer. This was also the guy that insisted Brave Fencer Musashi (the first one) was on PS2. I tried to explain to him that it was a PSone game, but he insisted on looking at all of the PS2 racks for it. I didn't want to argue much because he had been price checking all the Xbox games at the time and I didn't know that he was telling me the wrong prices.[/QUOTE]
That explains it then. Too bad the one local FYE that had some Xbox titles about 3 months ago sold out of all of them before this $1 a pop sale could come around, since I think they still had some copies of Elder Scrolls: Morrowind for Xbox at that point.

[quote name='nixmahn']must be a joke, if its not, then there really is not alot of deals. FYE regular prices are sky high. Only good deal is the old generation games for $1 and selection has to be slime.[/QUOTE]
I challenge you to look again. I used to hate FYE, thier CD/DVD/video game prices were outragous. In the last several months the company has done some changes though, and many items are competetively priced now.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I challenge you to look again. I used to hate FYE, thier CD/DVD/video game prices were outragous. In the last several months the company has done some changes though, and many items are competetively priced now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah one of the FYE's by me has all single-cd CDs priced at $9.99. Haven't checked DVD prices in a while though.

Went in to my local FYE today to check out the Memorial day sale. The 50% off new 360 games under 29.99 is sweet, got-
Riddick Dark Athena for 6.75
Last Remnant5.80
KOF Circle of Doom 13.50

Also took advantage of the B2G1 on used-
2X pS3 tIME Crisis w/ gun- 40 each after member discount
and got NSMB for free. Flipping time:) Thanks for the headsup on these sales!

[quote name='polo14player']50 % off new xbox 360 games is a no go at eastview mall ;([/QUOTE]

you Sure? At my FYE they didnt even have the signs up yet, so I asked a manager and they said it would be company wide. Maybe you got an uninformed sales associate, which isnt anything new. Also it was on NEW 360 games that were 29.99 and less only.

[quote name='polo14player']50 % off new xbox 360 games is a no go at eastview mall ;([/QUOTE]

I'll duck over on my dinner break and take another look, maybe they're just lazy :D

[quote name='caldazar']I'll duck over on my dinner break and take another look, maybe they're just lazy :D[/QUOTE]

let me know, cause the gf went on her lunch break and said they didn't.

[quote name='polo14player']let me know, cause the gf went on her lunch break and said they didn't.[/QUOTE]
As I posted earlier, I called first thing this morning and was told by an associate that he knew about the sale, but that the Eastview Mall location wasn't running it. Maybe it is company-wide, but Superstores are excluded?

bread's done
Back