FYE Rock Revolution Drum and Game FREE (AR) YMMV?

JokerCard

CAGiversary!
Thats right.

I saw this at my local FYE for $49.99 and free after a $50 rebate. The sign made sure it said free in big bold black letters.
They had a lot of boxes left so it looks like they really want to move these things. If you are looking for em, go get check out your local FYE store to see if they are offering the same deal.

Sorry, I didnt buy it and I foolishly didnt take a pic with my phone.

If anyone doubts this, the store is the one in the Roosevelt Fields Mall.

I also saw a stack on these (xbox360 and ps3) at Jersey Garden at Elizabeth, NJ, but it was priced at $60 (so $10 after rebates).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I'll wait for a further drop...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm with Bruce ... hold out for the hauling fee.

[quote name='JokerCard']Sorry, I didnt buy it and I foolishly didnt take a pic with my phone.

If anyone doubts this, the store is the one in the Roosevelt Fields Mall.[/QUOTE]

for realskies ?

ill check that shit tomorrow

but if you have the backstage pass, it would be 10% off as well so you could make 5 bucks on the deal, or pretty much cover your tax.

I picked up a copy at a Samsclub for $8 this weekend so to spend $50 and wait for a rebate when it can be had cheaper elsewhere doesn't really make it worth while.

Don't waste your money. These drums are horrible. The design is horrendous, so even if they did work with RB or GH it wouldn't be worth it. The game itself is equally as bad, if not worse.

I think the guitar game is enjoyable. It's no Rock Band 2, not by a long shot, but I honestly enjoyed it more than Guitar Hero World Tour.

It's like they are paying for you to throw them away. :p

This game looks terrible, and I play a lot of GH and RB.

[quote name='mkelehan']I think the guitar game is enjoyable. It's no Rock Band 2, not by a long shot, but I honestly enjoyed it more than Guitar Hero World Tour.[/QUOTE]

Weird, I can't stand rock band 2. I like guitar hero games better.

Why should I spend $120 for 60 DLC songs when I can buy a disc with 60 songs for $60? Also the price goes down quite quick, 50 aerosmith songs for $10 or 50 aerosmith songs and a guitar for guitar hero 2 for $10. Also guitar hero Metallica is selling for $30, unbelievably $30 for 60 songs, try doing that with DLC. The best part is when you get done with your songs you can trade the game on goozex, or if your a dumbass trade it at gamestop.

i like guitar hero games more than rockband games, just saying. ;x
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='VegaVegas']i like guitar hero games more than rockband games, just saying. ;x
151l1259.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Really, most people hate it! I'm glad I'm not the only one...

My local KMart had it for $17.99 Clearance. I bought one as it would make a pretty good gift for Christmas for one of my gamer friends.

[quote name='maxdusty']I bought one as it would make a pretty good gift for Christmas for one of my gamer friends.[/QUOTE]

Only if you hate them.

Is it really that bad? It isn't worth free?

-EDIT-

Apparently it is.

IGN Ratings for Rock Revolution (X360)

3.0 - Presentation - The note fields are all wrong, the band names are missing entirely, and the drum interface is inexplicable.
5.0 - Graphics - Although the on-stage characters look fine, the crowds are hilariously bad.
3.0 - Sound - The songs are all covers, and most are embarrassingly bad. Instruments sound flat and lifeless.
2.0 - Gameplay - Like going back in time. Dull, repetitive and somehow maddening all at once.
2.0 - Lasting Appeal - This one’s going in the closet right after grandma leaves.

OVERALL - 3.0 (BAD) (Out of 10)

The reason why you should buy the DLC is because you can get 60 DLC songs that you LIKE versus 60 songs you may only like 20 of.

[quote name='coldgears']Weird, I can't stand rock band 2. I like guitar hero games better.

Why should I spend $120 for 60 DLC songs when I can buy a disc with 60 songs for $60? Also the price goes down quite quick, 50 aerosmith songs for $10 or 50 aerosmith songs and a guitar for guitar hero 2 for $10. Also guitar hero Metallica is selling for $30, unbelievably $30 for 60 songs, try doing that with DLC. The best part is when you get done with your songs you can trade the game on goozex, or if your a dumbass trade it at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='coldgears']Weird, I can't stand rock band 2. I like guitar hero games better.

Why should I spend $120 for 60 DLC songs when I can buy a disc with 60 songs for $60? Also the price goes down quite quick, 50 aerosmith songs for $10 or 50 aerosmith songs and a guitar for guitar hero 2 for $10. Also guitar hero Metallica is selling for $30, unbelievably $30 for 60 songs, try doing that with DLC. The best part is when you get done with your songs you can trade the game on goozex, or if your a dumbass trade it at gamestop.[/QUOTE]
at least with DLC i can pick which songs i want, not buy a game for 3 or 4 songs i might play alot.

For one, with DLC you actually get songs that you want, not a bunch of songs you don't care about. I only find it worthwhile to rent the dozens of GH games that are released, because I usually only really like a small portion of the songs on each. On Rock Band, however, I manage to find much more that I like because there's hundreds of options to pick and choose from. Also, if you use a PS3 you can gameshare to get the songs for 40 cents a piece, so that you could get your 60 songs for only $24.

As for Rock Revolution, it's not as bad of a game as everyone makes it out to be. Of course it doesn't stand up to Rock Band and GH:WT, but for $10 or less, it's worth picking up if you like the songs on it.

bread's done
Back