FYE selling 80gb ps3 $299, uncharted bundle $400 (ymmv for now)

dude dont be one of those people who takes advantage of retailers like that, you bought it fair and square long before a price drop. I know it sucks but i once worked customer service somewhere and it sucked to always get haggle because of sale promotions and people who bought service prior to it calling in and complaining.

Hopefully BC is something to come out in future updates, i got a 40gb model fitted with a 250gb hdd, i got a fat ps2 as well but no analog tv in my room and use my pc monitor to play my ps3.

[quote name='ai3rocks57']Awesome news. Plus, its only $279.99 with my Backstage Pass :D[/QUOTE]

Backstage Pass does not work on Hardware. Sorry.

[quote name='ddrisgood137']I bought it from FYE. Will they really help me like this?[/QUOTE]

i think they would refund you the $100. you wont lose anything if you try

[quote name='hypertek']dude dont be one of those people who takes advantage of retailers like that, you bought it fair and square long before a price drop. I know it sucks but i once worked customer service somewhere and it sucked to always get haggle because of sale promotions and people who bought service prior to it calling in and complaining.

Hopefully BC is something to come out in future updates, i got a 40gb model fitted with a 250gb hdd, i got a fat ps2 as well but no analog tv in my room and use my pc monitor to play my ps3.[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with what I want to do. Plenty of stores do it as part of their policy. I'm just wondering if FYE is one of those stores.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I'm not a ps3 owner, so this may seem like a stupid question, but why do people care so much about the BC? Why not just hook your ps2 up and play your ps2 games on your ps2?[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has a PS2 just laying around. Also, in my case, I wouldn't have the outputs to hook a PS2 up without having to undo all my current configuration to make room. Not being BC is a main reason why I have yet to get a PS3.

[quote name='ShadowHero10']Anyone able to find a PS3 at FYE yet for the supposed $299or $399 for Drakes?[/QUOTE]

I called every FYE within an hour drive of me and none of them sold the ps3's for under $399. However, a few employees from different stores did tell me that it was supposed to go into effect on the 18th. It looks like everyone is waiting for the press conference tomorrow. I just bought a ton of good clearance ps3 games and no ps3 to play them on yet! Really hoping this price drop is imminent.

[quote name='NoHo']Not everyone has a PS2 just laying around. Also, in my case, I wouldn't have the outputs to hook a PS2 up without having to undo all my current configuration to make room. Not being BC is a main reason why I have yet to get a PS3.[/QUOTE]

I've not purchased one yet for the same reason. Besides I thought one of the selling points from Sony was that it would be BC. That is the reason I bought the PS2. I was able to play new games but was also able to play PS1 classics without the hassle of needing 2 consoles to do so. I commended Sony then but now am disappointed at them for not delivering on their promise. I have a 360 now so I can wait until they decide to make it Slim and BC, otherwise am not buying. Be patient and you shall be rewarded...

bread's done
Back