FYE Trade 3 used Xbox 360 games get 1 Free

drsuper23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm not sure if it has been posted or not. If it has then a MOD can please feel free to delete.

Just came back from my local FYE and they had a small flyer on the counter that had this deal. Trade any 3 used Xbox 360 games and get any New 360 game for free. The flyer does say that "(certain restrictions apply)" but when I asked the manager he said that he didn't know of any. It does state that the trade ins must be in like-new condition.

Edit: It has now been moved to trade 3 get 1 free.
Even though I was able to do the trade 2 get 1 free today (08/16).

""Use the buy 2 get 1 free coupone from the Game Informer mag to buy 3 games at EB/GS and go that route. "" ????????

where's that posted??

& Sweet find dude, im off to FYE in the morning. !!!!!

Thanks

I actually used this deal today with 20.00 Kameo/PDZ.

It does NOT work on pre-orders (I wanted Dead Rising) so I got Prey, which I will bring back to Best Buy since thats where I originally bought it then just set that cash aside for Dead Rising. Sounds like a lot of leg work I know, but all the stores are very close to me and it's worth it to score Dead Rising for 40.00 new :D

I asked the manager if they had the collector's edition of Prey but they didn't. Too bad. I'll probably do the EB/GS deal twice. This will help with getting 3 360 games. Not only that but I also save since I can use the edge card at either.

[quote name='seanr1221']I actually used this deal today with 20.00 Kameo/PDZ.

It does NOT work on pre-orders (I wanted Dead Rising) so I got Prey, which I will bring back to Best Buy since thats where I originally bought it then just set that cash aside for Dead Rising. Sounds like a lot of leg work I know, but all the stores are very close to me and it's worth it to score Dead Rising for 40.00 new :D[/QUOTE]

Manager told me that it applies with ANY 360 game. I'm guessing they don't have that many used 360 titles and need to stack up. That plus it's a new system.

[quote name='seanr1221']I wonder if they accept sports games...[/QUOTE]

True about the lack of used games. The one at my local mall had one...king kong.

But not only could it raise a red flag if I come in with 3 maddens and 3 PDZ...but I just dont wanna spend that kind of money, and can't even think of 3 360 games I want that I dont have.

I'm content with what I did to get Dead Rising on the cheap...but esentially it was just getting Prey on the cheap and Dead Rising for msrp when you really think about it :p

I just called my FYE's and they said this deal is a go. My question is do FYE's get the newer games close to there release dates I want to pick-up Prey, but if IIRC FYE never seem to get the newer games to quickly.

[quote name='ajh2298']I just called my FYE's and they said this deal is a go. My question is do FYE's get the newer games close to there release dates I want to pick-up Prey, but if IIRC FYE never seem to get the newer games to quickly.[/QUOTE]

They should have Prey in stock. Thats what I got as my free game today.

[quote name='seanr1221']
But not only could it raise a red flag if I come in with 3 maddens and 3 PDZ...but I just dont wanna spend that kind of money, and can't even think of 3 360 games I want that I dont have.
[/QUOTE]

They are also strict about how many copies they have in stock. Depending on the game, they usually only will stock 2 - 3 copies of any used game and after that they won't accept it from anyone. From past FYE threads, they will only take 1 copy of a game at a time anyway so I wouldn't bother unless you have a bunch of different FYE's you can go to.

I saw FFXI used at a FYE this past weekend!

I'll check it out. Thanks OP.

BTW, OP, how would you get to do the EB/GS Game Informer B2G1 twice. They took my coupon when I used it.

I am lucky that I know a GS employee, and she let's me do the buy 2 get 1 free without the Game Informer coupon. I gues this would work if you already have a 360 game that you want to trade in and this makes it an even 4 so that you can get 2 games of your choice. I guess I was refering to those who might not have used the coupon yet.

I did manage to have a different EB store offer me the B2G1 withought the coupon. They probably just wanted to sell stuff.

[quote name='asaraa']I saw FFXI used at a FYE this past weekend!

I'll check it out. Thanks OP.

BTW, OP, how would you get to do the EB/GS Game Informer B2G1 twice. They took my coupon when I used it.[/QUOTE]

Any idea how long this deal is going on?? I don't have an FYE near me, but it may be worth my while to take some games to trade as I travel for work.

[quote name='Brainwave0']Any idea how long this deal is going on?? I don't have an FYE near me, but it may be worth my while to take some games to trade as I travel for work.[/QUOTE]

Mine said 'till this Thursday, but I'd call just in case.

[quote name='seanr1221']Mine said 'till this Thursday, but I'd call just in case.[/QUOTE]
This Thursday as in 7/20, or 7/27?

[quote name='anchester']what is FYE[/QUOTE]

It stands for "For Your Entertainment" It's a store that sells music and dvds mostly, but some of them have a decent video game selection as well (not mine).

Traded in Madden and PDZ:CE for Prey. Problem is, I don't really care about this game at all. I wonder if I could return it for credit or what. I kind of want to put it on a preorder for Mass Effect or Gears of War (even though I hate the fugly main characters.)...

Just traded in PDZ and NHL 2K6 and got the Prey:CE for them, the guy told me this deal will be going at least till the end of July. Only thing I thought was weird was that I had to pay the sales tax on Prey, I never have to pay sales tax when I use credit at EB.

Did anyone else have to give their name/address/phone number when they did the deal? I thought it was kind of odd I had to give the guy mine.

[quote name='ajh2298']I got the Prey:CE at did not have to pay the $10.00 difference just the sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Freakin A! I had a feeling that was going to happen. But now I wonder if I'll be able to get that money back considering how the transaction was done.

OK......I called 3 FYE's in Florida and no one knows what I'm talking about. Can I get a store location or number from one of you that supposedly did this already.

[quote name='THE DARK KNIGHT']Just called and now someone said it is a go..........thank god. Sorry I almost raised the bullshit flag. Anyone know what EGM gave it?[/QUOTE]

What they gave NCAA?

Good: Sweet looking players and stadiums
Bad: Lacks some of the current gen on-field features
Announcer Leo Corso: Sounding a bit crazier every year.

After reading ajh's post, I decided to go back to my local FYE to see what the deal was:

APPARENTLY THIS DEAL HAS EXCLUSIONS, specifically that the trade-in value of each game "must be $22.00". In my case Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero each bring in $9.00 of trade-in credit. I confirmed this also at a Strawberries retailer. So long story short I wasn't even supposed to get this deal. So I guess a lot of others flew under the radar or as just my retailer doesn't have their shit together.

OP should add that there are exclusions to this deal, so this is also YCMV (Your Cashier May Vary) situation (since ajh was able to trade in his PDZ). For the skinny on my whole ordeal visit here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101109

^^ Yea this is very true. I noticed when he rang up my Kameo and PDZ they came up as 9.00 each, and I thought, "No way they are giving me a 59.99 game for two 9.00 games." But I guess because the deal is new some of the employees don't know everything about it yet

[quote name='seanr1221']What they gave NCAA?

Good: Sweet looking players and stadiums
Bad: Lacks some of the current gen on-field features
Announcer Leo Corso: Sounding a bit crazier every year.[/QUOTE]

Also, 83% on gamerankings.com based on five reviews so far. Looks sweet. Already preordered mine from Outpost and it should arrive today.

I did put down that there are restrictions written on the flyer but that the manager at the one I visited didn't think of any. I'll change the title though so that people can keep an eye out in case people run into the same things you did. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']After reading ajh's post, I decided to go back to my local FYE to see what the deal was:

APPARENTLY THIS DEAL HAS EXCLUSIONS, specifically that the trade-in value of each game "must be $22.00". In my case Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero each bring in $9.00 of trade-in credit. I confirmed this also at a Strawberries retailer. So long story short I wasn't even supposed to get this deal. So I guess a lot of others flew under the radar or as just my retailer doesn't have their shit together.

OP should add that there are exclusions to this deal, so this is also YCMV (Your Cashier May Vary) situation (since ajh was able to trade in his PDZ). For the skinny on my whole ordeal visit here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101109[/QUOTE]

Hrm. Thing that bothers me about this is that it's not really "trade 2 get one free," it's "give two get one in return." If it were "trade 2 get one free," that'd mean I'd say, trade in two games and get store credit, as well as a free game, right?

seppo

I bought 3 games at EB's. Kameo, Perfect Dark and NCAA. Half heartedly peeled the sticker off of NCAA and went to trade it in. The manager took Perfect Dark with no problem but wouldn't take NCAA because its a "used used game". Meaning they wouldn't take any games that you purchased previously used. We got into a little argument and the rediculousness of that statement but I finally said, fine I'll go to my car and get another game. Went out, peeled off the Kameo sticker carefully and got in fine for Chromehounds.

I then had to return NCAA at EBgames for another copy of Kameo. Just an FYI for you guys, make sure you peel off ALL the stickers very very carefully incase you get another person like this.

No idea when this promo ends, but I hope it lasts long enough for Dead Rising.

I have done this deal three times.
First thing, is B2G1 from EB/GS (twice)

Used two PDZ, Top Spin 2, King Kong, NCAA hoops, and a Madden.
Once, I didn't even make it out of the mall (Madden and PDZ for CoD2). Just make sure everything is in pretty good shape (no stickers!).

I've ended up with DOA4...
and CoD2 and LOTR:BFME II are still sealed.

Will try to swap these for Dead Rising and something else...

Has anyone tried returning the game they received? Do you get credit back, do they have problems with the return, etc?

[quote name='cleaver']Has anyone tried returning the game they received? Do you get credit back, do they have problems with the return, etc?[/QUOTE]

I returned my sealed Prey I got form this deal today for the LOTR game and had no problems doing it.

[quote name='helava']Hrm. Thing that bothers me about this is that it's not really "trade 2 get one free," it's "give two get one in return." If it were "trade 2 get one free," that'd mean I'd say, trade in two games and get store credit, as well as a free game, right?

seppo[/quote]

Try using common sense and then post again.

[quote name='ajh2298']I returned my sealed Prey I got form this deal today for the LOTR game and had no problems doing it.[/quote]

Sweet, I will probably pick up a Prey and keep it sealed until Dead Rising comes out then.

That's a pretty good idea. I'll see if I can do the return for Store credit. This way I may put it down towards a PS3 or Wii reserve. I should have no problem as the FYE/Specs I go to the people there have no problem doing whatever you ask them to do. Short of scamming them that is.

[quote name='MaximusII']Sweet, I will probably pick up a Prey and keep it sealed until Dead Rising comes out then.[/QUOTE]

Woohoo! Traded in Ridge Racer ($20 from Gamestop) and King Kong ($20 at Sears) for Dead Rising. Great deal. Thanks OP.

So was today the last day for this deal?

I know this is ludricious. I got different answers at different Fye's. I tried to trade in Madden 2006 as one of my trades and the manager told me sports games were excluded. I ended up getting Madden 2007 which they let me reserve. I tried to do it again for Nhl 07 and Saints row but they wouldnt let me. I ended up getting 2 other games and am going to return them get the 2 games i orginally wanted when they come out.

bread's done
Back