Fye Trade 4 Get One Is Back!!!

aliberry5983

CAG Veteran
Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck!

[quote name='thebob101']Just got back from FYE and when I walked in, the employee was like "You're the guy.... my manager said I shouldn't accept games from you anymore." I asked him why and he explained that because the games I had been trading in looked new and that aroused the manager's suspicions. He questioned why someone would buy games and never play them (I stopped short of explaining CAG and the problems some of us have buying cheap ass games) I assured the employee that it was completely legit, the games were purchased by me and that most of the games had never been played.

He looked puzzled and I explained that I had bought them on clearance and I didn't want them anymore. I figured I would trade them in for a game I would actually play. He said he would do it for me this time, but I would have to start bringing in receipts to prove I purchased the games.

Good grief, I am a FYE Devil Customer! On the bright side, I was able to get Scarface (ps2) and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (360). Guess I will have to go to another FYE in my area and hopefully my account hasn’t been flagged.[/QUOTE]

you should have said you got them as gifts and you dont like them.

[quote name='Asgardian']I did not bad today, but I must say this deal can be a little bitter sweet sometimes.

I went to the Glendale (CA) FEY today, managed to grab VP2, but they initially told me I cannot get VP2 as it's $49.99 ($39.99 max)... had to tell them I'd pay the difference and they called around a bit before they'd let me get it and pay the difference.

The good thing is they didn't care what games I had... they took all the games that I had got rejected from another FYE! Even the cheap ass $2.99 Xbox sports games!

So I went to GS and got another 3 $1.99 sports games (with B2G1F)... when I went back, the manager was gone and the other BITCHY cashier gave me a whole bunch of BS and rejected most of my games because of scratched disc etc... and then she told me I cannot use xbox games to trade... wasted an hour fucken around between GS anf FEY to get another deal done.... they had nothing else that interested me so I grab this game call "Just Cause"... turn out to be a pretty crappy game... I have to try to take it back and trade for something else....

Anyone seen Okami in any FEY in south CA? Please PM me..

Also, the Glendale CA FEY still have 2 VP2 left, go get them before they are gone!!! But remember, no Xbox games! Good Luck![/quote]

Are you serious!!! :bomb:I was @ the Glendale store on Sat. and they told me they didn't know about the promotion. I even told her that other FYE's were participating, but she said that she never heard of such a thing. Anyway, it's great that you were able to score some games. I'd go back to that FYE and try again, but I'm too far away. BTW, the games I brought in were all brand new.

Just got back from FYE and this was prob my sweetest day on this deal.

Traded in 12 games that I bought from GS/EB for about $20 and picked up:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
.Hack GU
Splinter Cell Double Agent

I had another 8 games that I was going trade a diff FYE.

Show up and 4 of the 8 PS2 games got rejected b/c they were pennied out.

So then the cashier said to pick out any new game. I grabbed Field Commander for the PSP just to see what happened.

He rang it up and said 2.xx for tax!!!! Awesome!!!

I then sold the remaining 4 to GC for like a $2 profit.

[quote name='NegativeZero']any one successful at doing this in NY?[/quote]
That's a yes at the Co-op City/Bay Plaza store.

I traded (All PS2):
25 to life
Kingdom Hearts
God of War
Phantom Brave
Dynasty Warroprs 2
Final Fantasy X-2
Kessen
Max Payne 2 (which I bought for $2 but didn't even play much I'll just get another one)
Prince Of Persia
Socom 1
Hitman Contracts
Prince of Persia 2
Hot Shots Golf 3
The Thing
Tenchu 3
Demon Stone

For
Okami
Bully
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Splinter Cell Double Agent

I love this offer! I just need 3 more games from either the TRU or Gamestop sales to make it a very happy birthday next week.

Edit: Oh yeah I did pay tax of $14.23 on this, which is great.

[quote name='NegativeZero']any one successful at doing this in NY?[/quote]
Freeport FYE on Long Island.

Traded in NHL 2k6, Madden 06, NBA 2k6, NBA Live 06, College Hoops 2k6, and Kameo. I got Saints Row, Splinter Cell DA, and NBA 2k7.

All 360 games.

Only had to pay tax on the 3 games I got.

If I were going to buy 6 360 games from EB, and peeled the labels off, would I still be able to return them if they do not accept them?

[quote name='jazzman']Are you serious!!! :bomb:I was @ the Glendale store on Sat. and they told me they didn't know about the promotion. I even told her that other FYE's were participating, but she said that she never heard of such a thing. Anyway, it's great that you were able to score some games. I;d go back to that FYE and try again, but I'm to far away. BTW, the games I brought in were all brand new.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the cashier initially told me there is no such thing, then I asked her to check, so she called the manager who was a bit nicer and did the first deal (took xbox games)... but for my second deal the manager was gone and the cashier gave me a bunch of BS (after she read in details about this deal, i.e. no xbox games)... so just bring in PS2 games and you should be ok.

For VP2 you migh have to convince them (be nice though) that you should be able to trade 4 for $39.99 and then pay the difference (comes to about $14 - $15 inc tax). If you manage to grab four cheap ass PS2 games (there's a Planet X = GS in the mall), then it works out to be about $20 for VP2, not bad at all.

The only other thing that they had which I considered decent were: Fight Night Round 3 and Soul Calibar III, which are both $40, i.e. only pay $3.30 tax.

Good luck mate!

EDIT: THey had LEGO Star Wars II also.

[quote name='One51']If I were going to buy 6 360 games from EB, and peeled the labels off, would I still be able to return them if they do not accept them?[/quote]

Thats the only thing I'm worried about. Supposedly the one I called said they have no exceptions, but I'm afraid I'll peel the stickers off, get down there and be told that the person who helped me was incorrect, letting me get stuck with old sports games.

i took the stickers off without ripping them and stuck them on my book shelf. if for some reason they don't accept the games i was planning on sticking the stickers back on and returning them.

[quote name='One51']If I were going to buy 6 360 games from EB, and peeled the labels off, would I still be able to return them if they do not accept them?[/QUOTE]
the new yellow sticker should be easy to remove and put back.

[quote name='ghozt']i took the stickers off without ripping them and stuck them on my book shelf. if for some reason they don't accept the games i was planning on sticking the stickers back on and returning them.[/QUOTE]

That's what I do too, except I keep them on a thick plastic bag and carry it with me, so if a deal fails I can immediately go to a near by GS to exchange/return.

With that said, I have also managed to return games to GS that I have removed the stickers. Might be YMMV.

[quote name='Frank784']Thats the only thing I'm worried about. Supposedly the one I called said they have no exceptions, but I'm afraid I'll peel the stickers off, get down there and be told that the person who helped me was incorrect, letting me get stuck with old sports games.[/QUOTE]

worth the shot for this great deal

oh and marvel got a 8.2 at ign so im going for it today

Thanks for the quick response about the sticker, my other question is, do you know EB/GS return policy on how long you have to return a used game for your money back? Assuming its in the same condition you bought it. The thing is, There's no FYE around here in Tallahassee, but I found one in Orlando that is doing the promo. I won't be going there until Nov.10. I'm curious how long I should wait to buy the GS games before I go to the FYE so I can return the games if they aren't accepted.

Edit: just saw that this promo ends the 30th, so I guess I can't wait until the 10th.

[quote name='mer71']I have traded in games to FYE with stickers. And I have returned games to EB/GS without the stickers.[/quote]
Yeah I'm gonna see what they say about the stickers....If not I'll just take em off in FYE.

Hopefully I get a new or nice cashier....

Oh and thanks to all you guys for the quick responses. These forums are great...Happy I joined...

I've returned games to EB/GS w/o the original price stickers on them. They usually don't care since I have the receipt in hand.

The return policy for the EB/GS around me are 7 days on used games from the date of purchase.

Hey everyone. I'm sure this has already been asked, but there's alot of material in this post so I can't dig it up too easily.

I was just wondering, does FYE let you use this deal on Pre-orders? There are several 360 games I would be interested in getting (GoW, Call Of Duty 3, WWE) so it would help.

I was just wondering if anyone traded in jampacks with this deal.I think I have a summer '03 and winter '03.Thanks for any help.

[quote name='Monkie of Doom']I was just wondering if anyone traded in jampacks with this deal.I think I have a summer '03 and winter '03.Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]
the older one doesnt. vol 14 should work.

I don't think Jampacks will work. This deal can be great, but not that great. If they do work, I saw a bunch of Jampacks at Sears for about $2 each. Also, I don't recall this being mentioned, you can 2 of the same title.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']Hey everyone. I'm sure this has already been asked, but there's alot of material in this post so I can't dig it up too easily.

I was just wondering, does FYE let you use this deal on Pre-orders? There are several 360 games I would be interested in getting (GoW, Call Of Duty 3, WWE) so it would help.[/quote]

Pre-orders have been very YMMV. I think it depends on the employee and the manager. A lot of folks are planning on trying to return games to exchange for later releases (within 30 days).

I finally got my GS -> FYE 360 game flipping finished (for anyone who saw my other thread), so here's what I ditched and what I was able to pick up.

Traded (via B2G1 from GS)

NBA 2K6 (x 2)
College Hoops 2K6 (x 2)
Madden 06
Ridge Racer 6

Total paid for games: $68.61

Acquired (from FYE...only had to pay the tax)

Fight Night Round 3
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Dead Rising

Total paid in tax: $12.59

Money spent: $81.20

Cost per game: $27.07

Not bad. Basically half price for each game. I'm happy.

I had a great experience at the FYE in Woodbridge, NJ today. I bought Ridge Racer 6 and two Madden 06's (B2G1 free + EB Edge card) for ~$30. I wanted to pick up RR6 anyway, so after trading both Maddens (one without a manual) I scored the last copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which the manager was cool enough to hold for me when I called on the phone about the deal.

I also traded in 8 old PS2 games for Valkyrie Profile 2 and Scarface (even got a free Scarface poster, heh), many of those games being $0.01 games (ex. NBA Live 2004). I thought about trading in more, but the manager there was really nice so I elected to end it at that. The total for all three was about $1, which was a very nice surprise.

Now I have three sealed PS2 games from this deal (possibly more if I decide to make one last trip before the deal ends) that I'm hoping to exchange in November for the onslaught of 360 games in Gears of War, Call of Duty 3, and Smackdown vs Raw 07, to name a few. Worst comes to worst I'll flip them on eBay.

Don't have time to flip through 19 pages of posts, but is there any restrictions on dupes? Say I have... 4 Triggermans sealed. Will they take them?

[quote name='portnoyd']Don't have time to flip through 19 pages of posts, but is there any restrictions on dupes? Say I have... 4 Triggermans sealed. Will they take them?[/QUOTE]
my store said no, but someone got it to work. YMMV.

[quote name='mer71']I have traded in games to FYE with stickers. And I have returned games to EB/GS without the stickers.[/quote]

i have tried to trade them before and the lady that took them last time (not on this deal the previous one) said "no to these, they've already been used". i just simly took it back and im sure she thought about what she said to me when i left.

its great to know that there are actually almost no restrictions to this deal, the stores are probably given instructions on how to process the trades, instead of the usual "create-a-new-policy-right-at-that-moment-to-send-the-customer-off-unhappy". i guess they've learned their lessons the hard way, all those complaints have probably paid off.

Cool...I just went to the mall....Got Madden 06, NHL 2k6, NBA 2k6, NBA Live Ridge Racer and The Outfit.

Traded it to FYE for Madden 07, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Splinter Cell 4.

Then I flipped Madden for Tiger Woods 07 at EB.

Unfortunately my FYE would only give me $39.99 credit towards Ultimate Alliance for my 2 xbox 360 games. So, not that great of a deal for me.

I traded in MVP 05, FIFA 06, Eve of Extinction and Motorcross Mania 3 for Scarface. I really wanted to try and find something expensive like Scarface LE (59.99), however, no luck, since they didn't have anything I liked.

I then used some Goo-gone and nicely removed the sticker, so there's no trace of it anywhere. Wiped it clean off with the shrink wrap still intact. I then went to the local GS, with a sob story of my wife buying me this game as a gift, but I didn't really want it, I wanted Bully. They didn't have it in stock, but they gave me the cost of Scarface + tax on store credit. Whoo hoo!

[quote name='mer71']Any suggestions on how to get a used disk, as clean as a new one? I had no luck trading in stuff from EB.[/QUOTE]
My Game Crazy cleans discs for free if you're a member of the VIP club or whatever.

Some Game Crazies have disc buffers and charge I think $1 to clean a disc (ie polish) to remove some, if not all, the scratching.

Also, I saw GS/EB are selling disc cleaning kits, not the resurfacing units, that are supposed to clean up the scratches on discs.

Haven't tried either, so I can't really recommend one over the other. Seems like the GC may be a cheaper option if you only have 1 or 2 games you want to clean up.

So anybody know when FYE usually gets in new shipments of games? I have 8 games ready to trade in, and the only thing I saw that Im gonna grab is Bully. I really wanted Okami but didnt see it.

[quote name='62t']you should have said you got them as gifts and you dont like them.[/quote] Or beat the crap out of the game cases and manuals (not the discs though) befor bringing them in...

This deal works in SamGoody and Warehouse Music, right? Btw, anyone had problems getting the store to accept old sports games? I have a couple of sports games from 2004 that I'm trying to get rid of...

[quote name='62t']you should have said you got them as gifts and you dont like them.[/quote]
Or beat the crap out of the game cases and manuals (not the discs though) befor bringing them in...

This deal works in SamGoody and Warehouse Music, right? Btw, anyone had problems getting the store to accept old sports games? I have a couple of sports games from 2004 that I'm trying to get rid of...

[quote name='eau']Or beat the crap out of the game cases and manuals (not the discs though) befor bringing them in...

This deal works in SamGoody and Warehouse Music, right? Btw, anyone had problems getting the store to accept old sports games? I have a couple of sports games from 2004 that I'm trying to get rid of...[/quote]

I was able to trade in multiple copies of EA and ESPN sport games from 2005 and up. You may be lucky enough to trade in 2004 games, but I was not.

Two diff mgrs at the FYE's I go to say that they get their video games shipments Wed and Sat afternoon.

Prob best just to call FYE and ask them when they get their video game shipments.

One last thing! After I got KH2, I went back the next day to EB and bought 4 more games for a total of $8. Took the stickers off and traded them to FYE and got another KH2 for my bro's Christmas gift. Glad I got some Christmas out of the way already.

So for 2 copies of KH2 ($100) value), I ended up paying 4 of my own used sport's titles, $8 at EB, and $4 tax on each KH2 for a grand total of $16. :)

This is a really great deal. The main problem it seems, is the lack of knowledge from FYE's side. Point in case:

I went into one today, with 2 X360's (wanted Marvel UA). I grab the game I want, and go up to the cashier, and then pull out the two games I'd brought to trade in. I inquire about them running the trade in deal; she looks at me straight up puzzled. Apparently, the woman standing right next to her is the manager. She states that "there ain't no promotion" only some promo for 2 for 1 used DVD's.

Knowing full well that there is a promo for games, as I just went to another FYE the night before, I ask if there was any way for her to check if there was a promotion running. The manager just looks at me, and says "No, there ain't no promo". I say there is one, and ask if this particular store is just not participating in it. She retorts with the same from before.

As not to cause a problem, I say thanks anyway, and head towards the door, when Lo and Behold, right SMACK dab in their window, what do I see? A Big OLE sign 2 for 1 X360 games! With a smile on my face ;), I turn around and ask what about the sign in your window?!

After that, she 'magically' was able to CHECK her promo sheet and sees things my way. All of a sudden 'Well I haven't been here in a couple days' blurts out of her stupid mouth (with a nice mouth full of crow and embarrassment!). End of story, I got my game.

I don't expect that employees would know about every promotion running (even though they really SHOULD be made aware of them). But a Manager? C'mon! Even at that, if I (nicely) ask for her to check, I would expect for them to do so. Don't just turn me away, I’m not a child and expect to be respected. As I am a paying customer.

Moral of this story: An informed consumer, is a consumer with power!

Man, I need to see if I can do this with a bunch of crap games I've picked up in bins. Do they usually not take sports games at all? I have some from 2003-2004 that I don't think I can get anything for. But I have stuff like BloodRayne, Aggresive Inline, and Turok that I would love to get rid of.

[quote name='aniousjoe']so can anyone clarify which 360 games would NOT work? or does every game work?[/quote]

There are no game exceptions, all 360 games will work. They are being strict about game disc condition.

[quote name='thebob101']There are no game exceptions, all 360 games will work. They are being strict about game disc condition.[/quote]

Also, my FYE is on to this for 360 games as it is only suppose to apply to games $39.99 or less. They will only credit you $39.99 towards your choice of a 360 game.

yesterday I bought up 6 '06 sports titles from gamestop using b2g1 for 80 bucks. today I got splinter cell, marvel, and madden 07 and 10 bucks back at fye. I used the ten bucks for reserve of rainbow six and gears because they have a shit stock. I'll return madden/sc for store credit tomorrow and then buy gears and r6 when they come out with the credit.

$80 =gears of war, marvel:ua, r6:v = profit.

My FYE (Macomb Mall, MI) had nothing at all for 360 games.....just crap like Outfit, Ridge Racer....NO new releases at all, NO NBA, No Madden, No nothing....crap. Waste of a trip....time to try another I suppose.

bread's done
Back