Fye Trade 4 Get One Is Back!!!

aliberry5983

CAG Veteran
Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck!

[quote name='kojubat']Thanks to the help of Frank784 in finding it, the local FYE had no issues giving me the deal. I even made out a little better than expected, since they had something stickered $10 more than what was in the computer, and the guy figured out the trade values based on that - so I saved $10 in tax.

Traded (all from either GameRush or EB):
:360:
College Hoops 2K6
NBA 2K6
Madden NFL 06
Full Auto
Ridge Racer 6
NBA Live 06
:ps2:
Project Eden
Mad Maestro
The Getaway
Max Payne 2

Picked up:
:360:
Madden 07 HOF
Ninety-Nine Nights
Phantasy Star Universe
:ps2:
Scarface CE

So, I after translating GR/EB credit back into 'real' money, I paid less than $40 to pick up $230 in games - and I have $30 worth of rebates to fill out after that. Best ten bucks I ever spent. :applause:[/quote]

Congrats, I'm glad it worked out for you.

[quote name='benjamouth']I went in today as was told FYE didn't do trades on a Saturday, which I thought was a bit weird.[/QUOTE]
some store do this because they claim trade in take too long.

[quote name='62t']some store do this because they claim trade in take too long.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because the line is a mile long everytime I go in there.

I've heard the no trade-ins on the weekend thing also. Sometimes they throw out the policy of no trade-ins when they are busy or in the afternoons...at least this has been what I have heard and gathered in the past 5 years of my FYE business.

I just called two of my local FYE's:

store #1 says: trade-in 4 DVDs get 1 new DVD under $29.99. no promo on games.

store #2 says: trade in-promo on DVD's and games have ended. there is no deal going on right now.

with both stores, I politely suggested and brought up the trade-in deals mentioned in this thread. store #1 askes me to call back after they check with management. store #2 continues to dismiss the existence of any trade-in deal.

(it's like a gold mine when you strike, but frustrating when stores are inconsistent.)

I hate to see it happening guys, but it seems like this deal is about dead. I wanted to pull off one more Christmas shopping/game for me stunt today, buying 2 360 games from GS and giving my free game as a Christmas gift. I got NBA Live 06 and NHL 2K6, took them to FYE, asked if the promo was still going on. The cashier checks with her manager. He says "Yeah, but there's 3 games we're not taking." Based on the huge pile of Madden 06 and College Hoops 2K6 I saw when hunting for the game I wanted, I was pretty sure I could guess 2 of them. She checks my games for blemishes, scans them in, and is about to ring up the deal when the manager walks over, points at the screen and says "See, no, we can't take that one." He then shows me NHL 2K6 and says they can't take it. I ask him why, and he tells me "We have too many already. People have been abusing this deal. Buying games from other stores and bringing them in." My inner most debate champion is bursting to come out wanting to ask him what the hell he expected to happen by doing this promotion at the same time GS/EB was doing theirs, but I resist. I politely say "Ok, thanks." and leave the store.

I couldn't just walk away though. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking "There are 3 games we can't take." So, I go back in to the store and ask him if he would mind telling me the other 2 games on the list, so I could try to trade NHL 2K6 to one of my friends. He gets a scared look on his face, stutters all over himself and says "N..N..No I really can't." "Why?" "Well..uh...well, because I can't just pull up the store's inventory like that." "But you just told me there were 3 games you couldn't take, NHL being one of them." "Yeah, well...I told you, uh...we have too many of them. Go over there and look at how many we have!" "I did, you have like 3.." "Exactly!" "Soooo...you're saying you won't take any games you have more than 3 of?" "Yup!" "Oooook, I'll go look and see what you have less than 3 of."

The funny thing is, I went over there and noticed they only had 2 of NHL 2K6, but I didn't feel like fighting with this poor excuse for a retard anymore. I mean, again, I'm not complaining about trying to scam the system. But this is a business franchise people, not a flea market. You're either still doing the promotion or you're not. Or, even if you've gotten waaaaaay too many 06 sports games (which I have no doubt they have), just tell me "We're not taking any 06 sports games anymore." I can live with that. I can adjust to that. Even IF people are getting their games from EB/GS, how is that any violation to FYE's promotion? Where does it state that you have to show proof that you've owned that game for at least 3 months? On what grounds do they have a right to refuse my business? I know damn well FYE is losing money on this promotion, and it was a dumb idea business wise to begin with, but in no way is that my fault, nor should I be made to feel like a criminal for simply utilizing the promotion. I swear, it's time like these I wish I were of an ethnic minority so I could get Al Sharpton on this shit! lol, sorry, but it just bothers me to be straight up lied to. It seriously insults my intelligence (of which, I'm sure I have more than Mr. GED Manager) I'm going back tomorrow for one final attempt. We'll see how that goes.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I hate to see it happening guys, but it seems like this deal is about dead. I wanted to pull off one more Christmas shopping/game for me stunt today, buying 2 360 games from GS and giving my free game as a Christmas gift. I got NBA Live 06 and NHL 2K6, took them to FYE, asked if the promo was still going on. The cashier checks with her manager. He says "Yeah, but there's 3 games we're not taking." Based on the huge pile of Madden 06 and College Hoops 2K6 I saw when hunting for the game I wanted, I was pretty sure I could guess 2 of them. She checks my games for blemishes, scans them in, and is about to ring up the deal when the manager walks over, points at the screen and says "See, no, we can't take that one." He then shows me NHL 2K6 and says they can't take it. I ask him why, and he tells me "We have too many already. People have been abusing this deal. Buying games from other stores and bringing them in." My inner most debate champion is bursting to come out wanting to ask him what the hell he expected to happen by doing this promotion at the same time GS/EB was doing theirs, but I resist. I politely say "Ok, thanks." and leave the store.

I couldn't just walk away though. In the back of my mind, I keep thinking "There are 3 games we can't take." So, I go back in to the store and ask him if he would mind telling me the other 2 games on the list, so I could try to trade NHL 2K6 to one of my friends. He gets a scared look on his face, stutters all over himself and says "N..N..No I really can't." "Why?" "Well..uh...well, because I can't just pull up the store's inventory like that." "But you just told me there were 3 games you couldn't take, NHL being one of them." "Yeah, well...I told you, uh...we have too many of them. Go over there and look at how many we have!" "I did, you have like 3.." "Exactly!" "Soooo...you're saying you won't take any games you have more than 3 of?" "Yup!" "Oooook, I'll go look and see what you have less than 3 of."

The funny thing is, I went over there and noticed they only had 2 of NHL 2K6, but I didn't feel like fighting with this poor excuse for a retard anymore. I mean, again, I'm not complaining about trying to scam the system. But this is a business franchise people, not a flea market. You're either still doing the promotion or you're not. Or, even if you've gotten waaaaaay too many 06 sports games (which I have no doubt they have), just tell me "We're not taking any 06 sports games anymore." I can live with that. I can adjust to that. Even IF people are getting their games from EB/GS, how is that any violation to FYE's promotion? Where does it state that you have to show proof that you've owned that game for at least 3 months? On what grounds do they have a right to refuse my business? I know damn well FYE is losing money on this promotion, and it was a dumb idea business wise to begin with, but in no way is that my fault, nor should I be made to feel like a criminal for simply utilizing the promotion. I swear, it's time like these I wish I were of an ethnic minority so I could get Al Sharpton on this shit! lol, sorry, but it just bothers me to be straight up lied to. It seriously insults my intelligence (of which, I'm sure I have more than Mr. GED Manager) I'm going back tomorrow for one final attempt. We'll see how that goes.[/quote]

I was told by an employee that if I wanted to trade any more games in, I would have to have the manager do it. I asked why and he said that the games I was trading in looked too new and never been played. The manager was suspicious about where I got them. I almost said CC clearance you moron!

I know! Honestly, it's crap that they even ask. They really make you feel like you're doing something illegal. In actuality, it shouldn't matter if you've owned the games for years, or you just bought them. The promotion is for USED games (Try returning any opened game to any store. No matter the condition, it's used!) It basically just seems like FYE is trying to do damage control on the deals people have been getting, but if the promotion is really hurting them that bad, they should just say it's over.

I wouldn't have been nearly as upset today if the manager had just told me "No, we were losing a lot of money on that deal, so we ended it." My response would have been "No friggin duh!" But he has to make crap up and lie to me like I'm 5 years old. (He might as well have told me that Santa Claus just brought them a bunch of used games last night, so now they don't need any more.)

It just seems like they're keeping it going on their own terms now (ie. the more expensive games they'll take). I still feel making up rules and bullshitting your customers is extremely unprofessional however, and depending on how tomorrow goes, I might make a phone call to the corporate headquarters to discuss that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that this deal even existed and the benefit that I was able to get from it, but with no clear guidelines, you could even argue that the guy refused my games out of prejudice. It would take them 5 minutes to print a list of games they're not accepting and post it above the game rack, but that would just make way too much sense...

[quote name='crazyj']this deal has been dead for me for a few days now[/quote]

Did they actually tell you they weren't doing it, or did they just stop accepting pretty much everything?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I know! Honestly, it's crap that they even ask. They really make you feel like you're doing something illegal. In actuality, it shouldn't matter if you've owned the games for years, or you just bought them. The promotion is for USED games (Try returning any opened game to any store. No matter the condition, it's used!) It basically just seems like FYE is trying to do damage control on the deals people have been getting, but if the promotion is really hurting them that bad, they should just say it's over.
[/quote]Well FYE has the right to reserve any services to anyone.

I was told by an employee that if I wanted to trade any more games in, I would have to have the manager do it. I asked why and he said that the games I was trading in looked too new and never been played. The manager was suspicious about where I got them. I almost said CC clearance you moron!

Save your receipts and show them. OR, replace all the cases with dirty used cases from GS and have them reject them based on looking too old instead of too new.

[quote name='martin8me']Well FYE has the right to reserve any services to anyone.[/quote]

Yeah, we'll see what...

John J. Sullivan
Executive Vice President, Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer
E-mail: [email protected]
Ph: 518-452-1242

...has to say about that.

Also, I think you meant "FYE reserves the right to REFUSE service to anyone." Might want to brush up on your policies if you're going to try to teach me something.

Most companies say it. Very few get away with it. Besides, my local Gamestop treats me like gold, and makes me feel welcome every time I go in there. Plus, most of the employees go out of their way to make sure I get the best deal possible. They don't penalize me for being a smart consumer. FYE must be used to idiots that they can just rob blindly.

If you have a wherehouse by you, you might want to try the 2 for one deal on the 360 games, I traded ridge racer and college hoops for any new 360 game today. good luck

I just traded in another College Hoops 2k6, Ridge Racer, Madden 06, NBA 06 purchased for about $45 total from EB after discounts for 2 copies of Tom Clancy DA. I'm ready now to swap them to another game in a couple of weeks.

Just managed to get FYE to exchange "Just Cause" (PS2) I got from a trade (from a different FYE) to "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" (Xbox) with no problems.

Good luck to others planning to exchange their games.

scored today, i traded Mad Maestro, Onimusha, XTC (i dont even remember the actual title), & Max Payne 2. The guy couldnt take the Madden 04 and Espn 04 cause the system wouldnt let him. and it seems like the new games are actually out on the sales floor rather than behind the registers, so i traded those games for Bully.

i tried trading in four copies of 'duel masters' for ps2 that i got for free from the 5 dollars off coupon from best buy. the 'dude' looked over the first copy and found it was in perfect condition. he said,"okay,i'll let you have a free game". when he found out i had four of the same game to trade in he looked over the next three and found that they too were in perfect condition...he stood there for a while...thinking...and...then...denied me...my free new game.

The Berkley, MI store only rejected the games that rang up as a penny or were not in the system.
The only restriction on the trade 4 for 1 deal was that the new game had to be $39.99, but it could be for any system, except 360.
The trade 2 for 1 360 deal probably works too, but I did not try.
However, their selection was lacking when compared to the other FYEs in the area, but at least they did the trade deal without any problems.
The deal is not going on at Great Lakes Crossing and at Macomb Mall their restrictions are terrible.

The Metrocenter FYE in Jackson, MS is still doing it, but they wouldn't accept my Xbox games. Any other store not accepting Xbox games? They took my PS2, Gamecube, and X360 games. Although they are way up their ass on what the condition of the game must be before accepting it.

***EDIT:Read back a few pages and saw that Xbox games were YMMV

FYE at Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro, NC is kinda pricky. They had a two game limit in their store set by their manager. If they already had two copies of Madden 06, then they wouldn't accept another as a trade in.

Out of all of my games, they'd only take NHL 2K6.

Plus, their stock was a joke.

Screw that, I said.

If you NJ guys still want to try this out, the FYE in the Preakness Mall in Wayne, NJ plays ball pretty well when it comes to the 360. Their only personal restrictions are 1 copy of each game, game has to trade in for $9.99 or more (which is every game but NHL 2k6), no price maximum on the 360 game to buy. Use the EB a few stores down for bait. They will check the discs, so make sure they are flawless!

Don't bother with the PS2/XB/GC/DS/PSP end of the deal, because they say those titles have to trade in for more than $9.99 each (which is pointless). But the 360 end of the deal is where it's at, so go for that.

[quote name='portnoyd']If you NJ guys still want to try this out, the FYE in the Preakness Mall in Wayne, NJ plays ball pretty well when it comes to the 360. Their only personal restrictions are 1 copy of each game, game has to trade in for $9.99 or more (which is every game but NHL 2k6), no price maximum on the 360 game to buy. Use the EB a few stores down for bait. They will check the discs, so make sure they are flawless!

Don't bother with the PS2/XB/GC/DS/PSP end of the deal, because they say those titles have to trade in for more than $9.99 each (which is pointless). But the 360 end of the deal is where it's at, so go for that.[/quote]

Actually, I went there and they told me value has to be $12.99 or more. My NHL2k6 was 9.99 and thus a no go.

wow. mine had a ignorant dumbass. couldn't get the guy to accept my 360 games, so i ask if there was a place at the mall (katy, TX) that would clean them so that they could accept them? say, them, for example. well, the shithead goes on to tell me disc cleanin' wouldn't work because "it's an hd-dvd." wow... so i say that it's actually a dual-layer dvd disc, and he says, "yeah! it's a hd-dvd."

well... moral of the story, fye's full of fuckheads. was kinda sure about this from the prices of their merchandise, but now... i'm pretty sure

They all had different stories about this deal, one claimed they needed pawn forms or they could get arrested, one claimed you trade in $25 and you get $5 extra, and the other 2 claimed you can not trade in used games to begin with.:bomb: :hot:

[quote name='murdoch623']FYE at Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro, NC is kinda pricky. They had a two game limit in their store set by their manager. If they already had two copies of Madden 06, then they wouldn't accept another as a trade in.

Screw that, I said.[/QUOTE]

I went there last week and they weren't all that picky then. This deal can change by the day. I called them today and they won't do the deal anymore even though it's not yet 11/1 which is when it's supposed to end afaik.

[quote name='murdoch623']FYE at Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro, NC is kinda pricky. They had a two game limit in their store set by their manager. If they already had two copies of Madden 06, then they wouldn't accept another as a trade in.

Screw that, I said.[/quote]

Whoa, dude. That's the FYE I''ve been going to. I gave the promotion one last shot today, but the guy flat out told me that it's over. I couldn't argue that, so I left the store peacefully. It's too bad the douche manager from yesterday couldn't have been as honest. Any bets that FYE doesn't do this promotion ever again? haha

[quote name='GMaxx']Actually, I went there and they told me value has to be $12.99 or more. My NHL2k6 was 9.99 and thus a no go.[/QUOTE]

Which guy did you get? The one with the beard is pretty strict to the rules. I did my trades with the other guy who works there.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Whoa, dude. That's the FYE I''ve been going to. I gave the promotion one last shot today, but the guy flat out told me that it's over. I couldn't argue that, so I left the store peacefully. It's too bad the douche manager from yesterday couldn't have been as honest. Any bets that FYE doesn't do this promotion ever again? haha[/quote]

It is supposed to run till the 30th or 31th of October 2006. I really think that FYE managers and employees make up their own rules and they get really pissed when we (the informed consumer) know more than they do. It's is simple, check your promotion calendar and see what specials you are running, COMPANY WIDE (that includes ALL chains and subsidiaries)! I am sick of individual FYE's making their own rules, is there someone at Worldwide we can call or email and complain. We are not criminals or are we doing anything illegal, it is their promotion and they should honor it COMPANY wide!

[quote name='thebob101']It is supposed to run till the 30th or 31th of October 2006. I really think that FYE managers and employees make up their own rules and they get really pissed when we (the informed consumer) know more than they do. It's is simple, check your promotion calendar and see what specials you are running, COMPANY WIDE (that includes ALL chains and subsidiaries)! I am sick of individual FYE's making their own rules, is there someone at Worldwide we can call or email and complain. We are not criminals or are we doing anything illegal, it is their promotion and they should honor it COMPANY wide!
[/quote]

Here's some numbers for you buddy. I emailed FYE.com last night, because I figured this would happen. They said for in-store complaints, you need to call:

1-800-818-1941 and select option #2.

Here's another suit directly at TWE that you could try as well:

John J. Sullivan
Executive Vice President, Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer
E-mail: [email protected]
Ph: 518-452-1242

I've said this whole time that it's ridiculous to make us feel like criminals just because we're not the typical "please take my money" consumers that FYE must be used to getting. What did they really expect to happen from a promotion like this?

They will not run a deal like this ever again. The rules do change daily. I got 3 new 360 games out of it. So I am lucky and can't complain.

I've had success so far in the NYC stores (each giving me a different story). Went to the Brooklyn store first with 4 games (ESPN NHL 2k5, Madden 2005, Tony Hawk 4, Tokyo Xtreme Zero). Madden 05 was rejected (it was worth .01 to them), so I asked if Gran Turismo 3 or Tekken 4 would be good. Told me those were fine and also added that it was good only for a game up to $39.99.

Went home to retrieve the other games I didn't want (Socom 1, Tekken 4, Gran Turismo 3). Decided to try the store in Jackson Heights Queens first. The manager told me the limit was $34.99 games only because my 4 games were worth a total of about $12. Was just about to leave until I scoped a "used" copy of FF12 behind her for $34.99. Asked her to see it, thinking it was a pre-order display... it was labeled used, but still shrink-wrapped / sealed as if brand new. Argued a little more to try and get $40 limit. She even suggested I trade in all the games I had (dumb mistake of holding the rest of the games I had in plain sight) for straight credit and pay the difference for whatever I wanted. In the end, I reminded her that she told me it was good for up to $34.99, so asked if I could just take this "used" copy instead. She was hesitant, but took Tony Hawk 4, Madden 2005, Tekken 4, and Turismo 3. I'm playing FF12 now, so score one thus far.

Decided to try my luck at another store (Ridgewood, Queens). Stopped by a Gamestop first, picked up another GT3, Tony Hawk 4, and Max Payne with the B2G1 Free deal. Traded those 3 and SOCOM 1 for Kingdom Hearts 2 (normally sells for $49.99). Score again. No argument about a price limit, but he was scrutinizing the discs.

So my total take:
-FF12 (which was actually a brand new copy. I know it sounds strange, but I'm playing it now, 2 days before the official release.)
-KH2 ($49.99)

I spent about $10 at Gamestop and still have ESPN 2k5 & Tokyo Extreme Zero to trade. Maybe I'll pick up some more fillers from Gamestop and go for a 3rd game from FYE.

Totally YMMV from store to store, but I'm happy with what I got today, especially the FF12.

[quote name='Maxima81']I've had success so far in the NYC stores (each giving me a different story). Went to the Brooklyn store first with 4 games (ESPN NHL 2k5, Madden 2005, Tony Hawk 4, Tokyo Xtreme Zero). Madden 05 was rejected (it was worth .01 to them), so I asked if Gran Turismo 3 or Tekken 4 would be good. Told me those were fine and also added that it was good only for a game up to $39.99.

Went home to retrieve the other games I didn't want (Socom 1, Tekken 4, Gran Turismo 3). Decided to try the store in Jackson Heights Queens first. The manager told me the limit was $34.99 games only because my 4 games were worth a total of about $12. Was just about to leave until I scoped a "used" copy of FF12 behind her for $34.99. Asked her to see it, thinking it was a pre-order display... it was labeled used, but still shrink-wrapped / sealed as if brand new. Argued a little more to try and get $40 limit. She even suggested I trade in all the games I had (dumb mistake of holding the rest of the games I had in plain sight) for straight credit and pay the difference for whatever I wanted. In the end, I reminded her that she told me it was good for up to $34.99, so asked if I could just take this "used" copy instead. She was hesitant, but took Tony Hawk 4, Madden 2005, Tekken 4, and Turismo 3. I'm playing FF12 now, so score one thus far.

Decided to try my luck at another store (Ridgewood, Queens). Stopped by a Gamestop first, picked up another GT3, Tony Hawk 4, and Max Payne with the B2G1 Free deal. Traded those 3 and SOCOM 1 for Kingdom Hearts 2 (normally sells for $49.99). Score again. No argument about a price limit, but he was scrutinizing the discs.

So my total take:
-FF12 (which was actually a brand new copy. I know it sounds strange, but I'm playing it now, 2 days before the official release.)
-KH2 ($49.99)

I spent about $10 at Gamestop and still have ESPN 2k5 & Tokyo Extreme Zero to trade. Maybe I'll pick up some more fillers from Gamestop and go for a 3rd game from FYE.

Totally YMMV from store to store, but I'm happy with what I got today, especially the FF12.[/quote]
FYE broke street date on Final Fantasy XII? Shibby.

Only a CAG gets Final Fantasy XII used 2 days before it releases in a crazy deal to boast.

Honestly, I don't understand how they can do this deal. I'm not going to complain, but I basically screwed them over. I went over to Gamestop today and bought six older 360 games (Ridge Racer, Madden 06, ect) that cost me roughly $80 total. I then used the FYE deal and got Phantasy Star Universe, Double Agent, and Saints Row, a $180 value.

How many FYE's will do preorders? I'm planning to call them up tommorrow and see if mine will do a preoder with this deal. I never thought about it today when I talked to the manager. Maybe I'll get even luckier and can preorder a Limited Edition Gears with two more old 360 games.

[quote name='Maxima81']I've had success so far in the NYC stores (each giving me a different story). Went to the Brooklyn store first with 4 games (ESPN NHL 2k5, Madden 2005, Tony Hawk 4, Tokyo Xtreme Zero). Madden 05 was rejected (it was worth .01 to them), so I asked if Gran Turismo 3 or Tekken 4 would be good. Told me those were fine and also added that it was good only for a game up to $39.99.

So my total take:
-KH2 ($49.99)

Totally YMMV from store to store, but I'm happy with what I got today, especially the FF12.[/QUOTE]

which FYE Brooklyn u went to? Ralph AVE or the one on 86st?

[quote name='trunks982']which FYE Brooklyn u went to? Ralph AVE or the one on 86st?[/quote]

Ralph Ave.

Also forgot to mention that the store in Astoria, (Steinway St.) told me the promo was good over the phone yesterday, but the trade-in acceptability was "strictly at the manager's discretion". That's where I'll try today, so I'll see how that goes.

As for FF12, I don't think the manager at the Jackson Heights store had any idea that the game wasn't even released here yet. The store didn't even have any displays to promote it.

it seems like they are trying to save themselves from going out of business, by carrying more and more games, until eventually half of the store will probably mostly games. i go there and everytime i'm there theres literally no one looking at the cds, new or used.people still look at the dvds, my wife actually bought one while i was doing a trade. now that tower records is going out of business, the cd stores are becoming extict. there is another HUGE chain that will go out of business after the holiday season is over.

[quote name='phear3d']it seems like they are trying to save themselves from going out of business, by carrying more and more games, until eventually half of the store will probably mostly games. i go there and everytime i'm there theres literally no one looking at the cds, new or used.people still look at the dvds, my wife actually bought one while i was doing a trade. now that tower records is going out of business, the cd stores are becoming extict. there is another HUGE chain that will go out of business after the holiday season is over.[/QUOTE]

F.Y.E is digging their own grave with their prices. Who is seriously going to pay $20 for a CD when BB/CC/Target/Etc. have it for $12. Their DVD prices are horrible. I looked at the TV on DVD when I went to do the trade in and the same sets that cost $20-$30 at Wal-mart cost $50 there. Overall, their prices are a joke. I will not shop there because of it. I would like to shop there because sometimes their selection is good.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']I would like to shop there because sometimes their selection is good.[/quote]

their only saving grace...

To the dude who manage to pick up a *used* FFXII for $35 before release date, you are so freaken lucky :drool: Lots of people would have paid cash for it, let alone trading four crapy games for it...

Actually, FYE do have a few hard to find games, I paid CASH for a new game in FYE while I was trading - I found "SkyGunner" (ATLUS shooter) for $15. Not a bad find. However, it is the amout of ulter crap they carry which amazes me the most. I almost lol when I saw them selling new Duel Master (PS2) for $39.99 when I have a copy on hand for free from BB.

We need to have more of these chains doing crazy deals to keep us CAGs well feed.

I got a total of 3 New games from this deal and I'm pretty happy.

Thanks OP! :bouncy:

[quote name='Asgardian']To the dude who manage to pick up a *used* FFXII for $35 before release date, you are so freaken lucky :drool: Lots of people would have paid cash for it, let alone trading four crapy games for it...
[/quote]
Just make sure that someone didn't actually slip a FFXII demo disc(The one from Dragon Quest VIII) into a stolen gamestop demo case to trade in, probably good advice for all CAGs who are going to try to get this game used. Watch out for those demos!

Oh, and thanks again to the OP, best trade in sale of the year IMO.

I picked up three more today:

PSU PS2
Marvel Ult Alliance PS2
Devil May Cry Trilogy PS2

for a bunch of crap and $6!

[quote name='aliberry5983']Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck![/QUOTE]

do u have a list of the games we can use

[quote name='Maxima81']Ralph Ave.

Also forgot to mention that the store in Astoria, (Steinway St.) told me the promo was good over the phone yesterday, but the trade-in acceptability was "strictly at the manager's discretion". That's where I'll try today, so I'll see how that goes.

As for FF12, I don't think the manager at the Jackson Heights store had any idea that the game wasn't even released here yet. The store didn't even have any displays to promote it.[/quote]

Definitely a "new" full working version of FF12 that I received from the exchange. And as the other guy said, I probably would have paid out of pocket if I saw it there any other day with no trade-in deals...

For those in Queens / NYC who want to still cash in on this, the Steinway St. store also accepts the deal, but your discs needs to be in pristine shape (two of my discs got rejected.. so I just left for the other store again). The Ridgewood store (Myrtle Ave.) is much easier. The guy today knew exactly what I was talking about and even said I had until Wed. for the deal. Both stores have Gamestops literally across the street... so if you're ambituous enough, go back and forth and see what you can get.

Anyhow, scored another copy of Kingdom Hearts 2. The receipt shows the traded-in games marked up to $12.50 each, so I'm sure I can exchange for credit if I wanted. I'm betting that you'll be able to get FF12 when it releases tomorrow from this store. All the new games are behind the counter, and they seem well stocked.

Don't bother with the store in Bayside, Bell Blvd. Called and they said it was over... but that I should check back next week since they were told to hold on to the flyers / promotional displays, etc..

Good luck all.

From what I saw at my local FYE this deal has been dead since September......just my experience though. Just went in tonight and that's what they told me and that they would be doing a deal next when you trade in $25 worth of games you'd get $5 more in credit, no more trade in X games deals. Sounds more like EB/Gamestop to me......:cry:

I went in to my local FYE tonight and the deal is still going on.

The manager told me the last day for the deal is tomorrow.

He had his email regarding current promotions printed out and confirmed the last day for the deal was tomorrow.

I traded in 4 old 360 games and got Saints Row and Splinter Cell today. He confirmed that as long as the games were not opened I would be able to exchange them for other new games!!

The problem with FYE is that there inventory sucks, they received Splinter Cell shortly after it was released but have not received any other new 360 games in the past two weeks.

The manager did not even check the condition of the discs. He only opened the game cases to check if the disc was there.

This FYE is located at the Palmer Park Mall in PA if anyone lives close.

First i tried to trade in 8 games to the Fye In hamburg ny. They were all ps2 games and rang up from 1.00-5.00 total and the lady told me that they wouldt take them since their value was so low. She couldnt find any record of the promotion and told me I could only get a game for 27.99 max total for the ps2. I l next tried to trade in 2 xbox 360 old sports games and worked good but she told me the limit was 39.99 so i picked up Hitman Blood Money which was on sale for 39.99

I went to a different fye on friday with 14 ps2 games and 4 old sports games for the 360. I had no problem trading them in got 3 copies of splinter cell for ps2 since that was the most expensive ps2 game i could find and got Marvel UA and Splinter cell for the 360. All i had to pay was sales tax for the games. I went on Sunday to the same Fye in on transit in Lancaster brough 8 ps2 games and 6 360 games. I picked up another 2 copies of Splinter cell but one was ringing up as 29.,99 and the other as 49.99 . The lady was getting flustered at thew register and finallythrew my trades down to 7.50 and rang up both splinter cells for 29.99. I took them back to another fye got my 49.99 plus tax and then put the 108 dollars down for my WII.. I also picked up Dead Rising, Splinter cell and Saints row. I asked if i could take the games back to pick up something else when another game came out they told me it was okay just as long as it was unopened, Figure i can get Smackdown Vrs raw, Gears of war, Fear and see what else i dont want from my haul

Did the deal again last night and picked up two more 360 games: Splinter Cell and Tiger Woods 2007. I finally got rejected on a game (Smuggler's Run) for the PS2 side of the deal, since it came up as a penny. She checked my other three, which rang up in an acceptable range. So, just need to find another filler game. She made sure I knew the deal was ending on Wednesday, so that I didn't take too long to come back.

On a whim, I asked if they had any copies of FFXII, and she just smiled and said check on Wednesday. So, I got the feeling they already have the stock on hand. I suspect I'll be heading there tomorrow with a filler that I know works.

I like the people working at this store. Shame that the only time I would buy anything there is when there is a deal to be had.

bread's done
Back