FYE Trade In 2 Get 50% Off Used Game Deal

mer71

CAGiversary!
Feedback
280 (100%)
I did a search and did not see this posted. I saw signs at FYE where you trade in 2 games, get 50% off a used game. So, I took in 5 games (Mario vs. Sonic at Olympics, Uncharted 1, Monsters vs. Aliens Top Spin 2 and Decca Sports Freedom) and walked out with Kinectimals and Dance Central for nothing (both were $39.99 before 50%). I had a couple extra bucks in credit left over and used that on buy 1 used cd, get 1 for a penny. I couldn't be happier, since I just picked up a mint condition used Kinect on CL.

I think its anything. I bet it is current gen though. I am going to do this deal tomorrow. Madden 09 is on my trade in list. It's not a big deal for trade in value, aslong as I get the 50% off. So, let's say they give me $3 for two old sports games. It is like getting $23.

My FYE is pretty sad in the VG area; no new games and just a small bin of used. Given it's 20 miles away, I don't think I'll be going there just for this promo.

This is a great deal if you can get it, but I'm still pissed off about my last trip to FYE!

I'm 99.99% sure that this is supposed to be `Trade in ANY 2 more more games, get 50% off any used game' (neither the sign outside the store, or the flyer in the store mention anything about any sort of restrictions, beyond `per Manager approval') but the one local store (out of three!) that's actually doing the promo has started using a `selected list' of games. This list is the one that was for another promo that FYE has where you can trade 2 games from the list and get $40 towards a new game, so all the games are pretty new.

Of course they didn't whip out the list until I was at the checkout counter and had already traded in my games. And this list wasn't out for anyone to see, it was just stuck behind the counter. Douchebags! When I mentioned that there was no mention of `select games' on any of the promotional information he tried to counter with "that's why it says `see associate for details'". Well, it doesn't say anything about THAT either! I was late getting back to work so I didn't feel like spending a lot of time to fight it.

[quote name='CaptPete']This is a great deal if you can get it, but I'm still pissed off about my last trip to FYE!

I'm 99.99% sure that this is supposed to be `Trade in ANY 2 more more games, get 50% off any used game' (neither the sign outside the store, or the flyer in the store mention anything about any sort of restrictions, beyond `per Manager approval') but the one local store (out of three!) that's actually doing the promo has started using a `selected list' of games. This list is the one that was for another promo that FYE has where you can trade 2 games from the list and get $40 towards a new game, so all the games are pretty new.

Of course they didn't whip out the list until I was at the checkout counter and had already traded in my games. And this list wasn't out for anyone to see, it was just stuck behind the counter. Douchebags! When I mentioned that there was no mention of `select games' on any of the promotional information he tried to counter with "that's why it says `see associate for details'". Well, it doesn't say anything about THAT either! I was late getting back to work so I didn't feel like spending a lot of time to fight it.[/QUOTE]
Personally I was kind of hoping that the 'buy 2 used games and get a new game free' promo that someone mentioned on here applied around here, since I'd have loved to pick up a newer game like Dead Rising 2 or Red Dead Redemption for free after picking up two PS2 sports games for under $20 total.;)

[quote name='danh920']no exclusions? so i can take in my madden 07 and ncaa football 07 and they'll take 50% off the price?[/QUOTE]

If they aren't using a list, then the only real exclusions are that they won't just take any game. For instance, they won't take a lot of older gen games now and they can be pretty picky about condition regardless. You can check www.wherehouse.com before you head in though; anything that's $1 or more TIV should be good. Anything that shows up as $0.05 (like Madden 07) means that they won't take it.

[quote name='BiggNick']Is wherehouse part of FYE (as in what wherehouse gives is the same FYE gives in trade credit)?[/QUOTE]
Wherehouse.com and I believe SecondSpin.com are both part of Transworld Entertainment as is FYE, Coconuts and I think at least 2-3 other chains.

The only problem is that sometimes the tiv will not be the same in store as it is listed online. Moreover, some stores may limit the days they do cash versus store credit trades.

They also give you 25% more in credit automatically for trades without needing a paid loyalty card or to wait for some silly promo(like GS).

Probably worth mentioning that your trade-in games have to be in great condition with case and manual...at least in my experience. They don't take in previous used games that have gamestop or blockbuster stickers on them, so wash 'em off before you go, lol.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Probably worth mentioning that your trade-in games have to be in great condition with case and manual...at least in my experience. They don't take in previous used games that have gamestop or blockbuster stickers on them, so wash 'em off before you go, lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah all of my stuff is great. I'm 28 so I take care of my things.

Reason I was asking about the price was they list Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3 at $4.75! And if they add a 25% bonus trade amount, that brings it up to $5.94 trade in...which is pretty much more than Gamestop sells the game for used (not by much mind you, but a good return on a used old game).

There is defintely a list for this at mine its thrown behind the game display they should probably fix that. Anyway on the list was pretty much anything in the last 3 months which included Shaun White Skateboarding. Best buy had that for 14.99 about a month back so if you still got it its a good flip. The rest eh its stuff like black ops etc dunno if its a great deal for those.

Don't forget if your a BSP member its a 25% bump on trade ins

[quote name='anthonyd46']Don't forget if your a BSP member its a 25% bump on trade ins[/QUOTE]
The local FYE stores give me a 25% bump on trades w/o having to be a BSP member.:D Actually EVERY FYE I've been to before has done some sort of percentage bump on trades as long as you're taking credit.

Wow, I am about to trade in my oldest games if this works!

Edit: Does anyone know when this promotion lasts too? I want to rock out Dead Space 2 for 30 dollars

[quote name='anthonyd46']There is defintely a list for this at mine its thrown behind the game display they should probably fix that. Anyway on the list was pretty much anything in the last 3 months which included Shaun White Skateboarding. Best buy had that for 14.99 about a month back so if you still got it its a good flip. The rest eh its stuff like black ops etc dunno if its a great deal for those.

Don't forget if your a BSP member its a 25% bump on trade ins[/QUOTE]

FYE is picky about SKU's. I've tried trading in BB exclusive games before and it won't register in their system.

It should be mentioned (since this is the most recent FYE thread) that the Mount Laurel NJ store was closed with no warning after Christmas day, even though it's still listed on FYE's store locator.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Personally I was kind of hoping that the 'buy 2 used games and get a new game free' promo that someone mentioned on here applied around here, since I'd have loved to pick up a newer game like Dead Rising 2 or Red Dead Redemption for free after picking up two PS2 sports games for under $20 total.;)[/QUOTE]

If you sign up for the free trial of the Backstage Pass VIP, you get a coupon for buy 2 get 1 free on cd's, dvd's, blu-rays or video games.

bread's done
Back