FYE: Up to 50% off Wii and DS games after rebate, $10 off PS3 games

SDC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
FYE and FYE.com appear to be running two mail-in rebate promotions right now.

The first is:
Up to 50% off any Wii or DS game after mail in rebate.
The % is dependant on the game.
For instance, I picked up My World, My Way for 50% off, but I checked Pokemon Platinum and Avalon code and they were 5% (!!) off.

Second:
$10 off ANY PS3 game after rebate
Pretty self explanatory.

I apologize ifthis has been posted, the search didn't bring anything up.

Secondarily, I sent in three rebates a while back for their previous $10-after-MiR promotion, and I have yet to actually get them back. I sent in the first about a month ago, andit still says "scheduled for final processing." Should I give it time, or call them up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebates for the most part are ways to get your money and by the time you have the product for more than a month some people just give up and don't even get the rebate.

[quote name='s2k']Rebates for the most part are ways to get your money and by the time you have the product for more than a month some people just give up and don't even get the rebate.[/quote]

That is far from the truth. From most rebate companies that are known you should get a check. Of the 5 years I've been doing rebates and tens of thousands of dollars of rebates I've cashed only one rebate I didn't get and that because 3dConnection went under at that time.

Now if you lose track of your rebate, or forget to cash the check that a different story.

[quote name='SDC']My FYE appears to be running two mail-in rebate promotions right now.

The first is:
Up to 50% off any DS game after mail in rebate.
For i nstance, I picked up My World, My Way for 50% off, but I checked Pokemon Platinum and Avalon code and they were 5% (!!) off.

Second:
$10 off ANY PS3 game after rebate
Pretty self explanatory.

I apologize ifthis has been posted, the search didn't bring anything up.

Secondarily, I sent in three rebates a while back for their previous $10-after-MiR promotion, and I have yet to actually get them back. I sent in the first about a month ago, andit still says "scheduled for final processing." Should I give it time, or call them up?[/QUOTE]

this is why im staying away from this ... I almost spent around 160 on games last night hoping i would get 70+ back in rebates. BUT if the rebate never comes your mostly #$#$#$#$#

I think it says ALLOW 10 to 12 weeks to get rebate back... so maybe that is why you still have not gotten the 10 buck ones...

i got around 140 credit at FYE and no FYE stores in town....

Tempted to buy YS book 1-2 and order Class of heroes PSP

I bought a DS from FYE several months ago and got my $20 rebate within a week of sending it in. Some other stores that offer rebates also offer a way to track the progress of a rebate. FYE may do the same so you may want to ask them if you're having any doubts.

[quote name='rpgamer92']mail in rebates have always worked for me, btw how is my world my way[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried it yet. I may try to find out the status of my current rebates before I decide to really go through with this one.

[quote name='s2k']Rebates for the most part are ways to get your money and by the time you have the product for more than a month some people just give up and don't even get the rebate.
iy.gif
[/quote]
You are absolutely right, people either forget to send it in or are just lazy and don't do anything about it.

[quote name='SDC']
Up to 50% off any DS game after mail in rebate.
For i nstance, I picked up My World, My Way for 50% off, but I checked Pokemon Platinum and Avalon code and they were 5% (!!) off.[/quote]

How do you/did you find out what percent off a particular game is?

The employees certainly don't know.

My two "$10 after rebate" rebates are also still in the valid and scheduled for final processing stage. Been in that stage for at least 27 days now.

FYE is the only company who rejected a rebate I sent in and I've sent in a lot. I think it was a one day rebate offer. I purchased that exact day yet they rejeted it because of not purchasing it on that date when I did and my order clearly shows that I did. FYE stores already have ridiculous prices and I have no idea how they stay in business.

go to FYE.COM many of the games are listed with the rebates

but the wordin is confusing it says Limit one rebate per envlope.. BuT when you print out the form there are like 10 lines to write 10 game up..

is it limit one form or limit one game per envlope

they have YS book 1 and 2 for like 18.50 after rebate

[quote name='Kerig']How do you/did you find out what percent off a particular game is?

The employees certainly don't know.

My two "$10 after rebate" rebates are also still in the valid and scheduled for final processing stage. Been in that stage for at least 27 days now.[/QUOTE]

The employee I spoke to didn't know about the promotion, asked her manager, and was able to get a list that listed the percentages. Of course, it wasn't complete. She said Avalon code didn't have a rebate, but it did (5% and not at all worth it, but still, it did have one).

Good Lord almighty there are some incredible deals here with these rebates. I thought it would be in-store only, but many of these seem available online. Too bad they charge so much for shipping. Anyone know if there's a way to get free or greatly-reduced shipping from FYE?

This is a ridiculous deal, esp. for those of us with backstage passes (and if you don't have a backstage pass this is a perfect opportunity to get one).

unless they screw everyone over and the rebates dont come or FYE finally goes belly up

does anyone understand the rules for the online part.. says limit 1 rebate request per

Limit one rebate submission per item (UPC) from this offer per household or address. Only one rebate
submission per envelope.
Valid only at fye.com. Valid rebate period from .
Check your rebate status at www.rebateshq.com
03/25/09 - 04/21/09

okay i can understand the limit 1 per item but what is only one rebate submiions per envleope mean

the rebate form shows like 10 slots to write in names... Can i buy 5 games and write those 5 games on the rebate or do i need to send in 5 different rebate forms

Be careful with FYE rebates. I bought two DVDs that each came with a $10 rebate, and the rebate form clearly had checkboxes for each DVD on it, and said to submit only one rebate form. However, after I submitted it, I only got ONE rebate back and after arguing back and forth with the rebate processor, I still hit the blank wall 'you only submitted one rebate' (and it was too late, obviously to submit 'another' one) so I tried to submit it again and that was conveniently ignored.

So my experience with FYE rebates has been poor - I went to FYE customer service about the problems with their rebate processor, and they told me too bad.. not our problem (despite being their promotion)

[quote name='slidecage']unless they screw everyone over and the rebates dont come or FYE finally goes belly up

does anyone understand the rules for the online part.. says limit 1 rebate request per

Limit one rebate submission per item (UPC) from this offer per household or address. Only one rebate
submission per envelope.
Valid only at fye.com. Valid rebate period from .
Check your rebate status at www.rebateshq.com
03/25/09 - 04/21/09

okay i can understand the limit 1 per item but what is only one rebate submiions per envleope mean

the rebate form shows like 10 slots to write in names... Can i buy 5 games and write those 5 games on the rebate or do i need to send in 5 different rebate forms[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you can buy 5 games and put all 5 games on the one rebate form, but the poster below you had an experience that differs.

Try calling their customer service to see if you can get an answer.

I just read a thread where a lot of people on slickdeals are having trouble getting FYE to honor any rebate, I would rather wait for the games to drop in price than deal with rebates.

This is what I gather by what it means.

Let's say I bought No More Heroes and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. I pay $19.99 and $39.99 respectively for the games and get my rebate submissions. I have to send out TWO envelopes with only one rebate submission in each one in order to get $10 and $20 from the two games.

From the problem listed above, it seems like he only used one rebate form.

I can tell you that with the last round of FYE rebates I did, multiple games on a single purchase netted me ONE rebate form with ALL the games I purhcased listed. I was able to sed out thatone form with all the upcs in the same evelope, and it was accepted.

In this sale, for some reason, buying multiple games printed up separate rebate forms for each game. So, yes you would need to send out each rebate form in a different envelope.

Here's a question that I've been wondering about. The "Members" price; does that apply to anyone who creates an account with FYE.com or is that from some sort of paid subscription?

[quote name='Tsukento']Here's a question that I've been wondering about. The "Members" price; does that apply to anyone who creates an account with FYE.com or is that from some sort of paid subscription?[/QUOTE]

Paid subscription. Used to be good when you got an additional 10% trade in but 10% off only for $20-25/year, I'm not planning to renew.

[quote name='Tsukento']Well damn. Oh well, getting $10 back from No More Heroes is a good enough deal as is (making it $9.99 after rebate).[/QUOTE]

no brainer.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']10 dollars off PS3 games....wonder what their instore prices are like...[/quote]

i love fye personally because of the backstage pass card it takes off 10% and games cost less after tax and all at fye then gamestop or even best buy
then again i dont shop gamestop anymore plus i can get all my music releases (yeah i buy cds) and games in one place

also i find more collectors editions and rare games at fye then any other store

and one note the pass costs 20$ and on your birthday u get 25% off i think

My experiance with fye and rebates have been positive. But it usually takes a bit over 2 months. I wouldn't worry about it yet.

FYI if the rebate is over $25.00 it comes as a Visa gift card. (Can be used anywhere)

I have not had an issue yet with FYE rebates. I usually use the UPC sticker/pricetag from FYE instead of cutting out the UPC on the game.

I did not see in this thread but is this in store. Shipping is over $7.50 for me.

Hmm. Now I'm tempted to cancel my Amazon order for SMG and get it from FYE ($30 after shipping + rebate).

$10 difference for the hassle of mailing in the form and the risk of getting nothing back....

[quote name='groundskeeper']FYI if the rebate is over $25.00 it comes as a Visa gift card. (Can be used anywhere)

I have not had an issue yet with FYE rebates. I usually use the UPC sticker/pricetag from FYE instead of cutting out the UPC on the game.

I did not see in this thread but is this in store. Shipping is over $7.50 for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is also available in store. Just did it for Avalon Code and Legacy of Y's Books I & II. I saw, but currently passed up the new Suikoden and Valkyrie Profile games.

FYI, if you do the rebate with an online order you don't even have to include the UPC. In store, you need to include the UPC, but I usually use the UPC on the price sticker.

So I did an experiment today at my fye. I bought two Wii games, No More Heroes and Mario Party 8. NMH is listed in the rebate section of the website; MP8 is not. The store itself also had no signage for 50% off all DS or Wii games. When I completed my purchase, a rebate form printed out for NMH and NMH only (not MP8). So I'm left believing that most Wii or DS games qualify for the rebate, but not all. I'll be returning MP8, by the way.

i went to two FYE today and i saw a lot of dvds and discs, used, at 50% off. they also had a lot of new dvds and blu rays in discount. wish i have checked the adult section.

My god, this deal is insane. I put in most of the games I'm interested in and the total (before rebates) is about $330. Not that I can really afford all that, even if I'd get about half back in rebates. I'm definitely tempted, but will try a local Fye, as paying for shipping on a single item ruins the deal (it doesn't take it all back, but you are paying something like $7.50 more up front, plus tax.)

What's my odds of finding Chrono Trigger at a Fye? If I could get that with this deal, I'd be quite happy.

Some of the DS highlights (IMHO of course):

New International Track & Field [Nintendo DS]$
After Rebate: $9.99

Space Invaders Extreme [Nintendo DS]$

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- Ring of Fates [Nintendo DS]$
After Rebate: $19.99

Final Fantasy IV [Nintendo DS]$
After Rebate: $14.99

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen [Nintendo DS]$

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures [Nintendo DS]$

Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero [Nintendo DS]$

Guitar Hero: On Tour [Bundle] [Nintendo DS]$

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood [Nintendo DS]$
After Rebate: $17.49

Guitar Hero: On Tour -- Decades [Nintendo DS]$
After Rebate: $17.49

Retro Game Challenge [Nintendo DS]$

Guitar Hero: On Tour -- Decades [Bundle] [Nintendo DS]$
After Rebate: $24.99

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 [Nintendo DS]$

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia [Nintendo DS]$

Legacy of Ys: Books I & II [Nintendo DS]$
After Rebate: $18.49

Chrono Trigger [Nintendo DS]$

Disgaea DS [Nintendo DS]$

Wii hilights (IMHO, of course):

Boom Blox [Wii]$

LEGO Batman: The Videogame [Wii]$

Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2 [Bundle] [Wii]$
After Rebate: $34.99

No More Heroes [Wii]$

The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return [Wii]$

Skate It [Wii]$

Nerf N-Strike [Wii]$

Super Mario Galaxy [Wii]$

Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip [Wii]$

SimCity Creator [Wii]$

Backyard Football '09 [Wii]$

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop [Wii]$

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers [Wii]$

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins [Wii]$

Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party [Wii]$

My Fitness Coach [Wii]$

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World [Wii]$

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures [Wii]$

Wario Land: Shake It! [Wii]$

Even sicker is if you have a Backstage Pass. According to the website, all the $29.99 titles drop to $11.99, all the $39.99 titles drop to $15.99, etc, after rebate, of course.

Only a week left for these rebate deals. I started receiving some of the rebates in the mail for the $9.99 DS game promotion they ran a few months ago. They came in the form of $20 debit cards. I promptly used one on Chrono Trigger DS making my out of pocket price $15.99 (I have Backstage Pass) with another $20 rebate expected in the mail.

Some of the cheaper games after rebate (all Wii):

Myth Makers: Super Kart - $1.99 AR ($0.79 AR for Backstage Pass members)
http://www.fye.com/Myth-Makers--Sup...VproductId46835663VVcatId545084VVviewprod.htm

Offroad Extreme: Special Edition - $3.49 AR ($2.29 AR for members)
http://www.fye.com/Offroad-Extreme-...VproductId46835661VVcatId545084VVviewprod.htm

Rock 'N Roll Adventures - $3.49 AR ($2.29 AR for members)
http://www.fye.com/Rock--N--Roll-Ad...VproductId46835659VVcatId545084VVviewprod.htm

[quote name='Josef']Only a week left for these rebate deals. I started receiving some of the rebates in the mail for the $9.99 DS game promotion they ran a few months ago. They came in the form of $20 debit cards. I promptly used one on Chrono Trigger DS making my out of pocket price $15.99 (I have Backstage Pass) with another $20 rebate expected in the mail.

Some of the cheaper games after rebate (all Wii):

Myth Makers: Super Kart - $1.99 AR ($0.79 AR for Backstage Pass members)
http://www.fye.com/Myth-Makers--Sup...VproductId46835663VVcatId545084VVviewprod.htm

Offroad Extreme: Special Edition - $3.49 AR ($2.29 AR for members)
http://www.fye.com/Offroad-Extreme-...VproductId46835661VVcatId545084VVviewprod.htm

Rock 'N Roll Adventures - $3.49 AR ($2.29 AR for members)
http://www.fye.com/Rock--N--Roll-Ad...VproductId46835659VVcatId545084VVviewprod.htm[/QUOTE]

Were they generic debit cards or specific to FYE? I've never heard of a rebate paid in any form other than a check.

[quote name='bojay1997']Were they generic debit cards or specific to FYE? I've never heard of a rebate paid in any form other than a check.[/QUOTE]

It was an FYE branded debit card that can be used anywhere debit cards are accepted. FYE started giving them out instead of checks when the rebate amount is $20 or greater.

[quote name='SaraAB']I just read a thread where a lot of people on slickdeals are having trouble getting FYE to honor any rebate, I would rather wait for the games to drop in price than deal with rebates.[/quote]

Pretty sure the thread you are talking about is the iPod Touch thread at Slickdeals. People were buying the second generation Touch, even though the rebate was meant for the first generation only.

A few people originally got by with it, but as more people started to try it, they began to clamp down more. Thus, people got mad at FYE, but they should have known what they were getting into in the first place. It's like using a coupon with MS Cashback; sure, you may get by with it, but they also might reject your Cashback.

i just ordered from fye.com. Dragon ball origins(ds), kirby(ds), rock n roll adventures and off road(from josef post)

bread's done
Back