G4 CEO Fired

Whenever I'm at a house with G4 you have a 50/50 chance of something good on. That and the channel has two days worth of shows in a 7 day week: more reruns then even MTV airs.

i caught Call for Help the other morning...saturday i think. anyone know if it is a new re-addition to their line up or has it been on for awhile?

I just remember those stupid Street Fury commercials with the girl shaking her butt and then they pick up Fastlane. No wonder why this guy got fired.

[quote name='gaelan']i caught Call for Help the other morning...saturday i think. anyone know if it is a new re-addition to their line up or has it been on for awhile?[/QUOTE]

It was airing in Canada for about a year or so. They are now showing the Canada shows here in the USA.

I would be really happy to see Techtv to come back. I was really bummed when techtv announced the merger. I was like okay it will be alright as long as they leave everything alone. Then they kept kicking me in the nuts every week. Dropping shows left and right along with cast members. I stopped watching for about 6 months when I went to watch an episode of the the screen savers and the SOB's were doing a recipe that had nothing to do with tech or gaming. I have been watching AOTS and X-play for pretty much this whole year.

I like the lineup on G4tv.com on fridays, and have enjoyed how they have guesthosted AOTS. (what are their names Tina and lori? laura? well anyway)

I've been more annoyed with many of the men on G4 especially the dude on Filter.

AOTS died last night when they had Vanilla Ice on. The new shows are too crazy to figure out yet. Fastlane and all these car shows boggle the mind. I'd fire the bastard too. Why doesn't G4 ever televise tournaments? There's a big one every September in the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. It's a perfect location for a few shows. They could combine some elements of what they have with some ESPN and CNN. Whatever, I'm just rambling about what could be.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']TechTV needs to come back as it was before it was bought out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I pretty much stopped watching after that. :cry:

[quote name='gaelan']i caught Call for Help the other morning...saturday i think. anyone know if it is a new re-addition to their line up or has it been on for awhile?[/QUOTE]

It was a TechTV show that G4 canned when they bought tech. They just relaunched it in the last couple of weeks or so. The channel used to be good, but they are trying way to hard to be trendy, and just coming off as lame. Judgement Day, X-Play, Icons, Attack of the Show (was better with Kevin Rose though), some Cinimatech, and Anime Unleashed are pretty good (especially R.O.D.). They destroyed Filter though. And the new chick on Arena is so damn annoying I can't watch the show any more. The real problem with the channel is the same one MTV has. There are more "lifestyle" shows than shows about gaming. They only have 6 (Icons, JD, X-play, Cheat, Cinimatech, Arena) shows now that are actually completely about gaming (half of which came from TechTV, btw). I like drift racing and all, but c'mon, shouldn't that be on speed or fuel?

[quote name='mietha']Attack of the Show (was better with Kevin Rose though)[/QUOTE]

It was even better before Kevin Rose.

[quote name='mietha']I like drift racing and all, but c'mon, shouldn't that be on speed or fuel?[/QUOTE]

But that would mean less time for NASCAR and car auctions. :lol:

The only thing I ever watch (or rather watched, I use my tv solely for DVDs and games these days) on SPEED is Fifth Gear and the WRC stuff.

Just about all the old TechTV shows are alive in PodCast form (both audio and video). You've got TWIT, DIGGnation, SYSTM, Security Now, Leo's Tech Show, and at least 2 or 3 others. TechTV is alive and well on PodCasts and is much more interesting than G4.

X-Play is by far the best show on G4. Cinematech, Arena, Icons, and AOTS are enjoyable, too. Pretty much everything else sucks, though:

-What the hell do we need Judgement Day for? I don't want to watch some dumbass and a casual gamer talk about how great some crappy game is. They gave Advent Rising an 8!!!

-Electric Playground is absolutely pointless with X-Play and Cinematech on. It's just previews of usually crappy games that we've already seen. They never have any new info and are oftentimes behind the other shows.

-Filter USED to be good, back when they had meaningful polls and talked to actual game makers/journalists instead of random jackasses. They also used to talk about each game for more than 5 seconds, so now it's kinda like TRL with game footage. And why do they have those segments with John Walsh? And WTF is up with the "Yo, check this out!"? LAAAAAAAAME.

-Cheat might be the most pointless show ever. Let's get a girl who obviously doesn't play games and put her on a show with strategies and cheats that any jackass can find on Gamefaqs. IT'S BRILLIANT!!!

-Video Game Vixens did nothing but demean gamers and only helped to further the stereotype of us being fat, ugly, boob-obsessed virgins. It was a slap in the face and G4 should be ashamed of it. Plus the hosts were fucking stupid, too.

-Hey! Wanna see dumbass celebrities who happen to be casual gamers play shitty games? Watch Players!!!

-Robot Wars can suck my dick. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

-The Whip Set sucks. I don't need to explain why.

-Barbed Wire Biscuit sucks, too. Again, no reason is needed.

[quote name='evanft']X-Play is by far the best show on G4. Cinematech, Arena, Icons, and AOTS are enjoyable, too. Pretty much everything else sucks, though:

-What the hell do we need Judgement Day for? I don't want to watch some dumbass and a casual gamer talk about how great some crappy game is. They gave Advent Rising an 8!!!

-Electric Playground is absolutely pointless with X-Play and Cinematech on. It's just previews of usually crappy games that we've already seen. They never have any new info and are oftentimes behind the other shows.

-Filter USED to be good, back when they had meaningful polls and talked to actual game makers/journalists instead of random jackasses. They also used to talk about each game for more than 5 seconds, so now it's kinda like TRL with game footage. And why do they have those segments with John Walsh? And WTF is up with the "Yo, check this out!"? LAAAAAAAAME.

-Cheat might be the most pointless show ever. Let's get a girl who obviously doesn't play games and put her on a show with strategies and cheats that any jackass can find on Gamefaqs. IT'S BRILLIANT!!!

-Video Game Vixens did nothing but demean gamers and only helped to further the stereotype of us being fat, ugly, boob-obsessed virgins. It was a slap in the face and G4 should be ashamed of it. Plus the hosts were fucking stupid, too.

-Hey! Wanna see dumbass celebrities who happen to be casual gamers play shitty games? Watch Players!!!

-Robot Wars can suck my dick. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

-The Whip Set sucks. I don't need to explain why.

-Barbed Wire Biscuit sucks, too. Again, no reason is needed.[/QUOTE]

Venting are frustrations are we, evanft. I understand where you are coming from and I agree with alll of the facts that you stated especially with Electronic Playground and Judgement Day.

[quote name='thorbahn3']Whenever I'm at a house with G4 you have a 50/50 chance of something good on. That and the channel has two days worth of shows in a 7 day week: more reruns then even MTV airs.[/QUOTE]

Actually 50% good stuff for a channel is an amazingly good ratio IMO.

Anyway I used to watch a lot more of both channels when it was G4 and TechTV. I watched The Screen Savers all the time. (Pat and Leo were awesome.) I watch stuff here and there now but overall I probably watch the channel about 10% of what I watched the two combined before the merger. Nothing comes close to The Screen Savers for me on the new channel.

That and they don't start fucking running shows until 9AM. Freaking ridiculous IMO.

[quote name='wubb']Actually 50% good stuff for a channel is an amazingly good ratio IMO.

Anyway I used to watch a lot more of both channels when it was G4 and TechTV. I watched The Screen Savers all the time. (Pat and Leo were awesome.) I watch stuff here and there now but overall I probably watch the channel about 10% of what I watched the two combined before the merger. Nothing comes close to The Screen Savers for me on the new channel.

That and they don't start fucking running shows until 9AM. Freaking ridiculous IMO.[/QUOTE]

You should really check out TWIT (This Week In Tech). It's both an audio and a video PodCast that feature Leo and a bunch of the other guys from Screen Savers. It actually started out being called Revenge Of The Screen Savers.

I wish they could combine the best of TechTV and G4. That would be the best channel.

Does Leo Laporte still do anything with them?

X-Play is just horrible. They keep trying to make it funny, but I'm not two years old. Just get to the damn reviews already. I find myself just changing the channel in disgust. I don't even know why I check the channel out from time to time. It must be a subconscious desire to want a game channel that actually represents other gamers other than the 12 year olds. I hope the next CEO has a brain. I doubt it though. I'll admit, seeing the new Call For Help with Leo reminded me of TechTV, which was a good thing.

[quote name='Troopa']I wish they could combine the best of TechTV and G4. That would be the best channel.

Does Leo Laporte still do anything with them?[/QUOTE]

He's on Call For Help, but it's on in the morning. It just started back up here in the States.

I just wish my cable company didn't require me to pay for the "Sports and Leisure" tier just to get G4. I don't want to pay for half a dozen sports channels just to get my geeky little gaming network...

[quote name='Wombat5277']They need a show with a tall bald guy and a short annoying guy, if only 2 people like that existed[/QUOTE]

You should start up an internet petition to be the new hosts of G4tv.com.

[quote name='Follandboy']How about a new Nick Arcade type show (Does anyone even remeber it)?[/QUOTE]
Oh wow, I forgot that show existed. That used to be one of my favorite shows. Thanks for the memory reminder. ;)

[quote name='RacinReaver']Someone really ought to link the video of the dude from SomethingAwful on G4. Possibly their best programming ever.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy
[size=-1]http://videos.somethingawful.com/misc/sa-show.wmv[/size]

[quote name='Wombat5277']They need a show with a tall bald guy and a short annoying guy, if only 2 people like that existed[/QUOTE]
Shaq and Kobe would've been perfect for that type of show! :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Shaq and Kobe would've been perfect for that type of show! :lol:[/QUOTE]

But Kobe's only short relatively speaking. Also Shaq is the more annoying of the two, if you had to pick one. :lol:

I actually enjoy Judgement Day... that and Icons, I think are the only good things to come out of G4. That and SOMETIMES that G4.com show which covers actual important newly type things about the industry, (you know, that show with that rock looking chick, the regular type chick, and the dude? Or I think the dude is a sometimes-host, I dunno).

I just wanna laugh about Judgement though to whoever made the "dumbass and casual player" comment. Heh, for once, the short guy is Tommy Tallerico, just one of the well known music composers and sound guys in the gaming industry, and while the other dude, as far as I know, isn't someone too important, he really knows his stuff, actually a pretty good gamer at heart. I tend to agree and disagree with both of them sometimes.

Icons... well, Icons is just bad ass. Who doesn't want to know history of big impacts in the inudstry?

EP is just a preview show, can't say I really care for it.

I love XPlay and always have, before and with Morgan Webb on as co-host. And sometimes they're lame, and sometimes they're funny. It's geek humor, what do you want. Their reviews are most of the time pretty accurate, but again, never go on reviews. It's just an opinion. But of course, that would bring me to their discussions when they get hate mail from all the people who get a low rating for their favorite game. Best one being the one they got of a guy saying "I never played Fullmetal Alchemist for PS2, but I'm an avid fan, and I can't believe you gave it a bad score!" I mean obviously, where's the common sense in that...

And AOTS... man, what a horrible, horrible attempt at keeping TSS alive. In fact, they didn't, all they did was keep Thursday = Lan party day. Except they got rid of the live audience, got rid of the random gamers, and OH LOOKS, LETS GET RANDOM CELEBS PLAYING GAMES! About 90% of them don't know jack about games. It's damn sad. That and it's not a Thursday without Leo screaming "POWERED--BY--NvIDIA!!!" *sniffles* There's only one good thing that came out of AOTS. Kevin Perrera or however you spell it. Good guy, knows his gaming stuff, and he's obviously a freakin' goon after that Something Awful interview. Can't not like that.

Here's hoping we can kiss The Whip Set goodbye. HAY LOOK HAWT SECKSY WOMEN SHAKING THEIR ASS TO THUMPIN BEATS! AND CARS! BUT DONT FORGET IT HAS BOOTY TOO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA gaming show. Whaa?

im getting tired of almost every show trying to adopt the hiphop culture. im fucking sick of it. especially when women who try their hardest to sound like theyre reading from a script do it. diane mizota and kristin holt are my biggest enemies pertaining to this. YOU fuckING SUCK NOW DIE. and the whip set.... trash. absolute trash. i hope all the women on that show die of std's. i remember seeing an episode where one woman was flashing her lunch box for the world to see. fucking disgusting. video game vixens? what a piece of trash that was. is this what the hip hop culture is made of? is this what they think is "in"?... i love g4. but it shames me to know that one of my favorite shows has been cancelled to make room for one of these shitbombs. i know im not forced by anyone to watch it. but it just shouldnt be there in the first place. its g4 for fucks sake.

speed fury, more respectable and somewhat enjoyable. but it still shouldnt be there.

[quote name='Jinsoku']I actually enjoy Judgement Day... that and Icons, I think are the only good things to come out of G4. That and SOMETIMES that G4.com show which covers actual important newly type things about the industry, (you know, that show with that rock looking chick, the regular type chick, and the dude? Or I think the dude is a sometimes-host, I dunno).

I just wanna laugh about Judgement though to whoever made the "dumbass and casual player" comment. Heh, for once, the short guy is Tommy Tallerico, just one of the well known music composers and sound guys in the gaming industry, and while the other dude, as far as I know, isn't someone too important, he really knows his stuff, actually a pretty good gamer at heart. I tend to agree and disagree with both of them sometimes.

Icons... well, Icons is just bad ass. Who doesn't want to know history of big impacts in the inudstry?

EP is just a preview show, can't say I really care for it.

I love XPlay and always have, before and with Morgan Webb on as co-host. And sometimes they're lame, and sometimes they're funny. It's geek humor, what do you want. Their reviews are most of the time pretty accurate, but again, never go on reviews. It's just an opinion. But of course, that would bring me to their discussions when they get hate mail from all the people who get a low rating for their favorite game. Best one being the one they got of a guy saying "I never played Fullmetal Alchemist for PS2, but I'm an avid fan, and I can't believe you gave it a bad score!" I mean obviously, where's the common sense in that...

And AOTS... man, what a horrible, horrible attempt at keeping TSS alive. In fact, they didn't, all they did was keep Thursday = Lan party day. Except they got rid of the live audience, got rid of the random gamers, and OH LOOKS, LETS GET RANDOM CELEBS PLAYING GAMES! About 90% of them don't know jack about games. It's damn sad. That and it's not a Thursday without Leo screaming "POWERED--BY--NvIDIA!!!" *sniffles* There's only one good thing that came out of AOTS. Kevin Perrera or however you spell it. Good guy, knows his gaming stuff, and he's obviously a freakin' goon after that Something Awful interview. Can't not like that.

Here's hoping we can kiss The Whip Set goodbye. HAY LOOK HAWT SECKSY WOMEN SHAKING THEIR ASS TO THUMPIN BEATS! AND CARS! BUT DONT FORGET IT HAS BOOTY TOO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA gaming show. Whaa?[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything but AoTS. Attack of the Show is one of my favorite non-sitcoms on tv right now, probably because I've never seen a broadcast show like it before. I've only had G4 for less than a year so I don't have any experience with Tech TV. All I know is the G4 of today and AoTS is one of the best shows on it.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of The Whip Set. Horrible programming innapropriately placed on the wrong channel. Mtv is thataway!

bread's done
Back