Gaems 155 Sentry Personal Gaming Enviroment $114.99 at BB YMMV clearance

zaxxon2000

CAGiversary!
I just got a G155 Sentry Personal Gaming environment. It is the 15.5 inch model. $114.99.

It is not accessible online as far as I can tell.

Here is the sku : 6780888 It comes up $115 off for clearance. Employees can look up the sku in the store but I can't find it on their site.

Add in the $10 Reward Zone Certificate and it was $104.99. I like it for that price. Good Luck if you want one.

Interesting process. The website showed them in stock at a store on the way to SF (here for the Birdemic 2 premiere). But it wouldn't let me check out (said sold out). Decided to call on the way, they said they didn't carry it. Stopped anyway and it was sitting on the shelf plain as day. Happy ending.

i just got home with mine... i don't like it.... also the hdmi cable was NOT INCLUDED.... will best buy give me my $$$ back?

[quote name='ch2423']Anyone that picked one up find any good screen setting for it? Out of the box it's way too dark and sharp. I messed around with it a little and when I'd fix one thing, the other would get worse.[/QUOTE]

Check out their official forums. They have a sticky posted that explains the various recommended video settings. Also, it depends on what level you're looking at it from. IMO, it looks a lot brighter when at eye level or a little below eye level.

[quote name='RedStep']Interesting process. The website showed them in stock at a store on the way to SF (here for the Birdemic 2 premiere). But it wouldn't let me check out (said sold out). Decided to call on the way, they said they didn't carry it. Stopped anyway and it was sitting on the shelf plain as day. Happy ending.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one in Marin city gonna go pick it up tomorrow. Kind of out the way for me since I'm in the east bay. (San leandro) none of the store except that one had it in stock

[quote name='bellenoire2005']Check out their official forums. They have a sticky posted that explains the various recommended video settings. Also, it depends on what level you're looking at it from. IMO, it looks a lot brighter when at eye level or a little below eye level.[/QUOTE]

Do you you have the link please??

Me and my friend went to the Holyoke, MA Best Buy looking for these things. There was only one in the store and I let my friend have it. When we asked if their where anymore in the surrounding areas stores he said that we had the last one in the entire district. So if your looking for one in Western Mass or upper CT I guess don't bother.

[quote name='canvasch']i just got home with mine... i don't like it.... also the hdmi cable was NOT INCLUDED.... will best buy give me my $$$ back?[/QUOTE]

I thought it supposed to come with a short HDMI cable? How can I distinguished if it's the newer model or not? I'm about to pick up mine tomorrow and it's a long drive.

[quote name='Dzey']I thought it supposed to come with a short HDMI cable? How can I distinguished if it's the newer model or not? I'm about to pick up mine tomorrow and it's a long drive.[/QUOTE]

It is supposed to come with an HDMI cable. The newer model is called the Sentry and you should clearly see it on the box. I've only seen the Sentry at Best Buy, never the older model.

Can't find anything in the Orlando area and even beyond it. Sucks, was looking at these for a while and this price would of made me bite.

got the last one at ross township-pittsburgh area. REally enjoying the device so far, although the screen is a bit dark and has poor angle view, but for 115 bucks you can't beat that.

Now I can play in bed while my wife watches TV. Sometimes you are just to lazy to go to the living room and play on a big screen, so this is really nice !!!

Thanks op

Theres still a few in New Jersey. Had one transferred to my store. Waiting on the call to pick it up in the next few days.

Seems they made a low number of these.....

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Theres still a few in New Jersey. Had one transferred to my store. Waiting on the call to pick it up in the next few days.

Seems they made a low number of these.....[/QUOTE]

How did you get a store transfer?

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Can't find one anywhere in TX[/QUOTE]

Where in Texas r u looking? Last time I checked there were a couple best buys showing limited stock here in the Houston area.

[quote name='Rocketsfan']Where in Texas r u looking? Last time I checked there were a couple best buys showing limited stock here in the Houston area.[/QUOTE]

Everywhere, I found one in Austin and two in Houston. When you actually go through the checkout process it says the item is not available. I even called the store and they said the item was not in stock.

Thanks OP for the heads up! Picked up 1 at the BB in Temecula, CA this AM. We were going to buy this for $250 elsewhere! Planning to go overseas with this and our Xbox. The kids(and I) love it!

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Everywhere, I found one in Austin and two in Houston. When you actually go through the checkout process it says the item is not available. I even called the store and they said the item was not in stock.[/QUOTE]

I also found one in store after trying to purchase it online and after calling the store who said it was out of stock. If its showing up as a clearance item for your store, chances are good that they have them in-store. As a screen it's decent for the money and its a great carrying case, plus its the cheapest I've seen. I just wished it was the halo vanguard one or the n7 mass effect design.

The 19 inch model was never available in BB. They just never carried it to have it available for clearance.

for those that are interested in one in the Bay Area. I got one in Marin City, North of San Francisco up a little on 101. Its kind of out of the way but I went to pick mine up there and I saw one more there on the shelf.

i got one but it has some big watermarks on the screen on the sides. :/ went through customer service hell with their customer service. gave up tried calling the store to see if they can hold it for me til tomorrow so I can exchange it, now they're saying I have to bring it back the same day and it's almost 40 miles away and 15 minutes left til closing...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']i got one but it has some big watermarks on the screen on the sides. :/ went through customer service hell with their customer service. gave up tried calling the store to see if they can hold it for me til tomorrow so I can exchange it, now they're saying I have to bring it back the same day and it's almost 40 miles away and 15 minutes left til closing...[/QUOTE]

Bullshit just bring the item with your receipt and exchange it, it doesn't have to the same day. you have 15 days for refund and exchange regardless of whether its clearance or not. I got this answered from the customer rep since the one I bought seemed like it was 'tested' out already, presumably by same store employee you said to me the screen is awesome. Also you can post on thier official forum if you further issues.

have you guys noticed that when you use the headphone input it makes an annoying sound, like static? I don't get the sound when I use the speakers

[quote name='Chinese_cuisine']i got one but it has some big watermarks on the screen on the sides. :/ went through customer service hell with their customer service. gave up tried calling the store to see if they can hold it for me til tomorrow so I can exchange it, now they're saying I have to bring it back the same day and it's almost 40 miles away and 15 minutes left til closing...[/QUOTE]

Thats crazy they would take that stance on the return. BBY needs customer loyalty more than ever right now.

Your issue seems almost identical to the problem I had with the screen on the Sentry I bought on 4/2 - Pressure marks on the side with watermarks and discoloration throughout the lower part of the screen.

I couldn't exchange mine at the BBY I purchased at because they were out of stock. I went to the only other BBY near me that had one stock on Wednesday 4/3. They handled the exchange without issue.

[quote name='American Madman']Thats crazy they would take that stance on the return. BBY needs customer loyalty more than ever right now.

Your issue seems almost identical to the problem I had with the screen on the Sentry I bought on 4/2 - Pressure marks on the side with watermarks and discoloration throughout the lower part of the screen.

I couldn't exchange mine at the BBY I purchased at because they were out of stock. I went to the only other BBY near me that had one stock on Wednesday 4/3. They handled the exchange without issue.[/QUOTE]

I got the same rep that helped me with the pick up yesterday when I went to the store. Exchange it no problem. Spoke with a different rep last night that said they couldn't. I did get a 25 dollar gift card from the phone rep yesterday but the 39 mile one way trip killed me haha. There's still one left in the Bay Area but its the damaged one I just returned. Hopefully they don't put it back on the shelf and try to sell it again.

Well I did not really need one but I got it ne ways :)
Modesto, CA bestbuy had 2 one seemed open box I left that one and got the new unopened box. Thanks op now to plan a vacation!

[quote name='GreyFoxx2002']Can't find this sucker on the BB website...or is it a have to go to store and use the sku deal?[/QUOTE]

You have to go to store locator and click on individual stores and check their clearance page. Should be under video games category.

I found one of these using the online store locator. However, how do I know I know if this is an open box item or clearance item? Where can I find it in the store to check it out first to make sure its worth buying?

[quote name='Appleinthetree']I found one of these using the online store locator. However, how do I know I know if this is an open box item or clearance item? Where can I find it in the store to check it out first to make sure its worth buying?[/QUOTE]

My store had them on shelves by console accessories and where not labeled correctly but they will be 115 and they did not have a display unit in my store soo u might have to buy and return if u don't like it.

Got mine for $18 after all the Best Buy GCs I had. This thing is so awesome. Now my girlfriend can deal with me gaming in the living room while she watches TV. If you're able to buy this in your area, I highly suggest it. I was able to get the only one left in MI.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']I found one of these using the online store locator. However, how do I know I know if this is an open box item or clearance item? Where can I find it in the store to check it out first to make sure its worth buying?[/QUOTE]

It will say open box in the title of the item if it is. Otherwise it's brand new :)

By the way, the extended warranty at BB is $19.99 for 2 years. They probably won't have a replacement for this. They would issue a store credit. I passed on the warranty.

[quote name='zaxxon2000']By the way, the extended warranty at BB is $19.99 for 2 years. They probably won't have a replacement for this. They would issue a store credit. I passed on the warranty.[/QUOTE]

Made that mistake with my Playstation 3D display. Don't ever see them selling these anymore. Wish I could find one of these personal gaming environments but there is zero within 100 miles of me. Guess this is just a deal I am going to have to miss.

[quote name='Sion']Made that mistake with my Playstation 3D display. Don't ever see them selling these anymore. Wish I could find one of these personal gaming environments but there is zero within 100 miles of me. Guess this is just a deal I am going to have to miss.[/QUOTE]

There was zero too in my area but for shiz and giggles I just walked in one to see and one was right there. So my advice is just to stop by and see because I saw the clearance section and it was not over there but the price ran up right and the employees didn't know.

This is a niche thing so I bet there are more out there

[quote name='jovherye']Thanks OP for the heads up! Picked up 1 at the BB in Temecula, CA this AM. We were going to buy this for $250 elsewhere! Planning to go overseas with this and our Xbox. The kids(and I) love it![/QUOTE]

Did you see any other units there? I live out of town but my mom lives there--might have her pick it up for me!

[quote name='gepet0']There was zero too in my area but for shiz and giggles I just walked in one to see and one was right there. So my advice is just to stop by and see because I saw the clearance section and it was not over there but the price ran up right and the employees didn't know.

This is a niche thing so I bet there are more out there[/QUOTE]

Dam wish I read this post the other day was near a BestBuy today lol would of stopped if I knew. They probably would of not had it anyways don't think I ever saw them carrying any the several times I have gone but then again I was never looking out for one either XD.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Grabbed the last one at Worcester MA store, none around the area.[/QUOTE]

I always wondered why I could never find anything decent when I wander over towards the middle of the state =P Did you have them scan every store in the state? Just curious cause I haven't seen these laying around from western mass to northwestern CT

[quote name='Sion']Dam wish I read this post the other day was near a BestBuy today lol would of stopped if I knew. They probably would of not had it anyways don't think I ever saw them carrying any the several times I have gone but then again I was never looking out for one either XD.[/QUOTE]

His post inspired me to go. On the website they had it, but when I tried to checkout it said out of stock at my local store, but then I saw his post I went anyways and I found it!

Now to decide if I should keep it or not. :lol:

[quote name='zaxxon2000']Keep it. At this price it really is hard to pass up.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a cool thing to have, the only thing is I'm wondering how much use I'll get out of it.

Well I picked up my store transfer today. Box had holes and was beat up but the gear was perfect except for alittle shipping bits.

There should be a few in Princeton, NJ. Thats where I had mine transferred from.

The screen isnt as bad as people say it is however there is no way to angle the screen. Theres only a hinge.

I caved on the $20 warranty. My brother is autistic so I feel he would end up damaging it. Figured since it was cheap it would be worth adding. Im sure I could pull a few strings and get another if it breaks.

Overall the quality of the screen is great, I dislike the plastic case due to its locking mechanism. The system buzzes once in awhile when the HDMI is loose. System runs perfectly on it. They give you a foam mat to put your system on but it builds up heat.

Overall I think its a good buy for any gamer. Cheaper than any TV and a decent size amd quality.
search

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Well I picked up my store transfer today. Box had holes and was beat up but the gear was perfect except for alittle shipping bits.

There should be a few in Princeton, NJ. Thats where I had mine transferred from.

The screen isnt as bad as people say it is however there is no way to angle the screen. Theres only a hinge.

I caved on the $20 warranty. My brother is autistic so I feel he would end up damaging it. Figured since it was cheap it would be worth adding. Im sure I could pull a few strings and get another if it breaks.

Overall the quality of the screen is great, I dislike the plastic case due to its locking mechanism. The system buzzes once in awhile when the HDMI is loose. System runs perfectly on it. They give you a foam mat to put your system on but it builds up heat.

Overall I think its a good buy for any gamer. Cheaper than any TV and a decent size amd quality.
search
[/QUOTE]

It's pretty good. Might cave in to the warranty too since I had a bad experience with the ps display

bread's done
Back