Gaiden Gets Excellant Reviews, but is it worth (near) full price to you?

Sn0brawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A 5 star rating from gamespy, and 9.4's from both ign and gamespot have me absolutely craving this game. I actually took the time to read the text reviews. The straw that broke my back in deciding wether I would buy this game immediately or wait was the announcement of the ninja tournament in May. Ill need all the practice I can get before online play.

Anyway, will this game get an immediate buy from you or will you hold out?

I swear off buying gams for a long time and this comes out.

Metal gear comes first, but the second I find this below 35 its mine

im also thinking about waiting for it to go down a bit, although im craving it too after reading a couple reviews...i know i wont play it more than a couple of times after completing it. lord knows i havent finished or even started playing the games i have now...so many games, so little time

I'm trading in some games at EB for credit, so new will be about $20. I'm buying the weekend it's out, just not the first day.

I like to wait to get really excited about a game until after a few reviews are up, so I am now officially really excited about this one.

I'm just hoping BB (or somewhere with an ad I can PM at BB) has this on sale for $40 or less within a week or two of release so I can get it for $35 or less at BB. That would rock.

So I guess my answer is that no this isn't worth full price to me. I'll probably hold off indefinitely for it to hit $35. And if that doesn't happen in the first few months my threshold might lower to $25. (I probably wouldn't pay $35 for a 3 or 4 month old game :lol:)

I have personally played this game, and I would have to say BUY IT. It is a very graphic, fast and well made game. The only problem was the camera, there can be like 5 guys hitting you and you only see one. The ability to run up walls is a very big part of the game from what I could tell. I will be buying this at launch.

I have personally played this game, and I would have to say BUY IT. It is a very graphic, fast and well made game. The only problem was the camera, there can be like 5 guys hitting you and you only see one. The ability to run up walls is a very big part of the game from what I could tell. I will be buying this at launch.

MY BAD

I think I'll wait a couple of months and see if the price drops to like $40 or $35. I still have 12 games I have to open and play first. But the game is excellent though.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']Anyway, will this game get an immediate buy from you or will you hold out?[/quote]

Nope, the demo definitely changed my mind. This will be one of those $20-or-less bargain binners for me.

After playing the demo, I was not sure if I wanted to buy it. But the reviews I see give me a hunch that there is a lot more to the game than the demo. I just may pick this game up.

I hope I find a cheap ass deal on this. :roll:

I'll pick it up when it's a pH. I think this is one of the rare occasions that it'll look cooler in a silver case (Hitman2 and DOA3 being other exceptions). Screw unity, judge cool-looking-ness on a case by case basis.

I got in on the trade 4 games for NG (traded 4 $5 games for it) and after reading the reviews I only wish there was a way to change my shipping type to something faster at EBgames.com.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Sn0brawler']Anyway, will this game get an immediate buy from you or will you hold out?[/quote]

Nope, the demo definitely changed my mind. This will be one of those $20-or-less bargain binners for me.[/quote]

I'm Curious, what didnt you like about the demo. I only got to play it for a minute, but it definately seemed like it had what it took to be a great if not legendary game.

since looking at the track record of frys. im hoping that this game will come out 37.99 next week. (crossing fingers)

I'll be renting it from Gamefly, like any other action game. Then i'll buy it when there is a price drop :p. Looks like a very promising game.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Sn0brawler']Anyway, will this game get an immediate buy from you or will you hold out?[/quote]

Nope, the demo definitely changed my mind. This will be one of those $20-or-less bargain binners for me.[/quote]

I just wanted to point out the Prince of Persia demo wasn't that great, but the game is amazing.

Aw, man, I don't have any money or games to trade in, so I guess I won't be getting it on launch. But, what online play is there?

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Sn0brawler']Anyway, will this game get an immediate buy from you or will you hold out?[/quote]

I just wanted to point out the Prince of Persia demo wasn't that great, but the game is amazing.[/quote]

The PoP demo was good, but the final product ended up being the stuff of legends. The Ninja Gaiden demo suffered from a funky camera angle. If it was a just a bad demo, like RtCW was, shame on Team Ninja for letting it out. I know personally the demo really hurt my intial opinion of actual gameplay.

This site has taught me never to fork down $50 for game. I'll probably wait for a sale to bring it down to $35. I would have done the trade four games in but I was denied by my local EBX. They wouldn't take some of the $5 games I bought.

I've been excited about this game ever since the more in-depth previews in magazines were coming out. The demo boosted this mood also and made me want to get the game even more. Of course, this is only my opinion and definitely different from some of your's. So, ppl that say it's not worth more than I guess $30, what game do you think is? Keep in mind that it was only a demo and could be only a small taste of the game. I'd especially like to here form WhipSmartBankey what game he think would be more worth it.

It doesn't really matter the game as much as the gamer, some people just can't wait for a game and will pay full price. If you are that gamer they could probably charge you an even higher price. These are the same people who preorder.

Me, I am fine waiting for games to come down in price, especially with all the great games to be had for cheap. It really doesn't matter the game, and I would never consider preordering.

I agree with msdmoney. Is it just me or are games becoming more expensive these days? At least nowadays if you want to get a cheap price on a game theres no excuse not to with CAG.

[quote name='magilacudy']I agree with msdmoney. Is it just me or are games becoming more expensive these days? At least nowadays if you want to get a cheap price on a game theres no excuse not to with CAG.[/quote]

I think its just you. Back in the SNES & Genesis days, you were lucky to ever see a game go below $50.

I used the trade 4 crappy game in deal like a couple of other people, plus I'm going to turn in my receipt for that $10 credit rebate.

I just ordered it from Eb with super saver shipping. I refuse to pay 6 more dollars, even if I have to wait a week longer. *whimper*

I am dying waiting these last two days before I finally get my order from ebgames.com. I did the trade in online of four cheap games a while back and definitely would've liked to get faster shipping after reading the ign and gamespot reviews. I'm tiding myself over by playing the original three, having just finished the original tonight for the first time ever. Don't let a decent challenge scare you, get this game, it's gonna rock.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']I just ordered it from Eb with super saver shipping. I refuse to pay 6 more dollars, even if I have to wait a week longer. *whimper*[/quote]

Hey Then just go buy it at a local store and then when your new copy comes in return THAT copy with your recept.

See no wait!!

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='Sn0brawler']I just ordered it from Eb with super saver shipping. I refuse to pay 6 more dollars, even if I have to wait a week longer. *whimper*[/quote]

Hey Then just go buy it at a local store and then when your new copy comes in return THAT copy with your recept.

See no wait!![/quote]

Thats ingenious. It might work except for the fact that I used the remainder of my money buying Ninja Gaiden once.

I'll buy it eventually. I'm in no hurry.

[quote name='magilacudy']I agree with msdmoney. Is it just me or are games becoming more expensive these days? At least nowadays if you want to get a cheap price on a game theres no excuse not to with CAG.[/quote]

Ever since the NES games have generally been between 40 and 60 bucks.

I miss the Atari 5200 days (my first system) since all the games were around 10 bucks. Sigh.

Is there an applet online that will convert USD from year to year to adjust for inflation? I'd love to see what those $60 SNES/Genesis games and $199 16-bit systems "cost" today.

I think it's more frustrating that PC games drop in price farther and faster than console ones (because Sony/MS/Nintendo get licensing royalties, right?).

EDIT: Here we go, $199 in 1991 = $263.08 in 2002 money. $60 = $79.32

NES games were even worse--$60 in 1988 = $91.21 in 2002 ($50 = $76.01).

bread's done
Back