Gaines Adams passed away this morning

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/AP-report-bears-defensive-end-Adams-dies-at-26

Supplementary article from FoxSports. As a Bears fan, I'm saddened by the death, but I also have a question. Gaines played what... maybe 2 games this year for the Bears after he was traded? Granted these were only for a few snaps, do we get any form of compensation for having traded a high draft pick and then the player dying? I don't want to sound cold or anything, but I'm genuinely intrigued.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/AP-report-bears-defensive-end-Adams-dies-at-26

Supplementary article from FoxSports. As a Bears fan, I'm saddened by the death, but I also have a question. Gaines played what... maybe 2 games this year for the Bears after he was traded? Granted these were only for a few snaps, do we get any form of compensation for having traded a high draft pick and then the player dying? I don't want to sound cold or anything, but I'm genuinely intrigued.[/QUOTE]

Nope, no compensation. Think of it like if he had a career ending injury in one of those 2 games.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/AP-report-bears-defensive-end-Adams-dies-at-26

Supplementary article from FoxSports. As a Bears fan, I'm saddened by the death, but I also have a question. Gaines played what... maybe 2 games this year for the Bears after he was traded? Granted these were only for a few snaps, do we get any form of compensation for having traded a high draft pick and then the player dying? I don't want to sound cold or anything, but I'm genuinely intrigued.[/QUOTE]

wow, instead of worrying about if he had kids/family and his death you care more about your crappy team.

[quote name='wildcpac']wow, instead of worrying about if he had kids/family and his death you care more about your crappy team.[/quote]

gtfo

RIP... 26 is way too young, especially for an athlete in peak condition during the prime of their lives.

[quote name='wildcpac']wow, instead of worrying about if he had kids/family and his death you care more about your crappy team.[/QUOTE]

Delicious ironing.

I'll be 26 this year, so someone dying at that age scares me. It just goes to show that we should appreciate every day we are given.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Nope, no compensation. Think of it like if he had a career ending injury in one of those 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Seems like it was cardiac arrest because of an enlarged heart. toxicology results are still being processed, but it doesn't look like drug use was an issue.

Thanks for the info RvB. I had no idea what the procedure was or if there was any. Don't get me wrong, I feel for his family and their loss, but at the same time, I'm naturally curious since this (thankfully) isn't a regularly occurring thing.

Such a shame...

Used to think of NFL players as old people when I'd watch games as a kid. Kinda eye opening to see that he was only 4 years older than me and his life is already over.

R.I.P.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll be 26 this year, so someone dying at that age scares me. It just goes to show that we should appreciate every day we are given.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I felt the same way when Chris Henry died. On the one hand these guys were living the dream but their lives were cut so damn short.

im in a bad mood (im a charger fan) and i fully expected to see people being dicks in this thread like they are in every thread about a death. kudos, i can go kick my dog instead of taking it out on a jerk.

bread's done
Back