Galactic Civilization II - Gold Edition (includes expansion) - 29.99 @ CC

Hmmm... I've been waiting a long time for this to drop. This might be the first game I purchase for the PC in years (after jumping to consoles). I spent much time on the first GC. Hey, they should make a game like this for the Wii - the pointer would work well for it...

with shipping and tax it takes it to $36 so not much of a deal over Amazon and some others with free shipping. I'm waiting for a true out the door $30. Plus after Circuit City fired all those people just to save money, I'd only buy from them if there was no other choice.

[quote name='Swingman']with shipping and tax it takes it to $36 so not much of a deal over Amazon and some others with free shipping. I'm waiting for a true out the door $30. Plus after Circuit City fired all those people just to save money, I'd only buy from them if there was no other choice.[/QUOTE]

True, but please remember that this is also in store. You could print the page out and take it to Best Buy and have it matched is is doesn't say anywhere "not valid in store" or "online only"

Unfortunately the store closed a while ago where I live and Best Buy only matches prices in the same city or nearby. They wouldn't match Fry's which is in Indy and I think that's also the closest Circuit City.

Probably a good deal in store if you live by one. Hopefully other stores follow their lead. I've got a Best Buy gift card and coupon so hopefully GCII or Oblivion Shivering Isles drop in price soon.

I got a feeling this game is going to drop like a stone in the coming months... I'll wait until it's $15 or under, whether it's normal price or a Target clearance.

[quote name='Swingman']Do you think it's going to be $15 within a couple months? That would be great.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, it's a possiblity - I remember seeing this game at Target.

The Gold Edition came out of nowhere, it really doesn't have a huge fanbase, so it kinda just sits on the shelves, I see it dropping pretty steadily.

It's supposed to be a blast but my CAG senses stop me from getting it at $30.

PROTIP!

Target sells Galactic Civilization 1 for $10 in a jewel case, if anyone is interested (like io ;) )

[quote name='Roufuss']I don't know, it's a possiblity - I remember seeing this game at Target.

The Gold Edition came out of nowhere, it really doesn't have a huge fanbase, so it kinda just sits on the shelves, I see it dropping pretty steadily.

It's supposed to be a blast but my CAG senses stop me from getting it at $30.

PROTIP!

Target sells Galactic Civilization 1 for $10 in a jewel case, if anyone is interested (like io ;) )[/QUOTE]

Oh I played the first one plenty, don't need to buy that ;).

I was kind of thinking the same thing on GC II. How long has the gold edition been out? I know the game itself has been out for a while. While these PC games tend to retail for less than console games, they also seem to take longer to get cheap and never seem to get to the ultra-cheap prices console games sometimes do (the $2-$5 clearance type prices). I'm guessing Target is probably the best bet though for an eventual clearance. I'll have to see if they even have it there (and where it is since I never check out the regular PC game section).

My other option is Fred Meyer which I'm pretty sure had this. They tend to hold on to old PC games forever, though, and only occasionally clearance them out. They did say they were getting rid of their Gamecube section, though, and they have several copies of Baten Kaitos Origins - I gotta remember to keep an eye out for that going on clearance. Sorry, OT there...

wow, I skimmed over that and it sounds like the AI is really smart. Looks like a good one. Hopefully the lack of popularity will help me find it cheap soon.

bread's done
Back