Game Catalog/Collection

xycury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I managed to snag Collectorz pro for Games for $9.95 normally $39.95, and besides the struggle with some very Indie games, and games not coming out till months later, the software works really nice.

I actually got the standard edition free, still can if eMusic is still offering, and upgrade -coupon = cheap software.

Normally I don't buy software but this one beats out Excel and Access and my time to code something "nice".

With the options that Pro gives me, well I can do more now than before.

Just wondering, what is other people using? I know Cag has it's own, but it's not nearly as in depth as current software, it's nice that it can incorporate a trade and offer to facilitate trading on this site between users.

So, what's everyone using?

What are the collectors doing?

well?

[quote name='xycury']I managed to snag Collectorz pro for Games for $9.95 normally $39.95, and besides the struggle with some very Indie games, and games not coming out till months later, the software works really nice.

I actually got the standard edition free, still can if eMusic is still offering, and upgrade -coupon = cheap software.

Normally I don't buy software but this one beats out Excel and Access and my time to code something "nice".

With the options that Pro gives me, well I can do more now than before.

Just wondering, what is other people using? I know Cag has it's own, but it's not nearly as in depth as current software, it's nice that it can incorporate a trade and offer to facilitate trading on this site between users.

So, what's everyone using?

What are the collectors doing?

well?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if you got the one with the barcode scanner? I doubt it at that price but just thought I'd check. If so, how quickly does it work? I have well over a thousand games I'd have (and want to) catalog and it'd save a lot of time if the barcode scanner worked rather quickly and worked well.

[quote name='Mooplaid']I was wondering if you got the one with the barcode scanner? I doubt it at that price but just thought I'd check. If so, how quickly does it work? I have well over a thousand games I'd have (and want to) catalog and it'd save a lot of time if the barcode scanner worked rather quickly and worked well.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a scanner, I just borrowed a USB scanner at work, one of the perks to working in IT.

the Scanner inputs the barcode, and it does a search, that search goes through a game database much like the free music database for CD labeling.

It does take awhile to lookup if it's a title that has alot of varations. But UPC is exact, and far better to do searches with.

I generally type in the title and pick which it is, it's effortless. There are some custom fields you can enter, and it can work fine.

I would recommend that you do get a scanner. Some how. For the price I paid, I didn't get the scanner.

There is a possibility that you can type out a list and import function, then do an Update to those that would pull whatever is at the Database down, like cover art, description and such. That might be better than having to purchase a scanner.

You could find every game's UPC, make a list, import, and update from there.

Whatever you do, do NOT get a cue cat. Damn thing doesn't work.

bread's done
Back