Game Center CX - Amazing...! It's coming stateside!!! ...oh and Populus DS as well...

yeah, I am slowly becoming a large fan of Xseed... most of what I've played from them I've liked and on top of that Korg DS, this, Away: Shuffle Dungeon and a few other titles I really want.

Game Center CX, Avalon Code, Little King's Story... that's a lineup full of sheer awesome.

I don't have to import Game Center CX anymore XD

I've wanted the game for sometime now but that fucking video is tedious.
'so it's a snap shot of the genre of the 80's with nuances of...' SHUT UP!!

That's pretty cool, but how are they going to keep the nuances of the Japanese game in it? The dialogue throughout the game is some of the funniest I've seen, but I can't really see it being done well in English. Who knows though, if they're creative enough, they might pull it off.

Also, this game is pretty damn frustrating. I have to work hard not to throw my DS sometimes. Either way, looking forward to it.

Hey, I've got the Japanese version if anyone has questions. :) I even wrote a blog entry about it and the show. It looks like you guys beat me to it by a ton with this thread, though, and it also looks like Concealed Identity has the game and a better command of the Japanese language than myself to boot.

I agree; the dialog is great, and I really hope it receives (in Desert Eagle's words), "a witty translation".

The DVDs are also coming to the US, subtitled, but with the announcer being dubbed in English. They are currently seeking a distributor, and I wish they'd find one and ship already.

Do the games have multiple levels to them or is it just play this game for one level?

Either way I am excited as fuck for this. Old school FTW :D

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do the games have multiple levels to them or is it just play this game for one level?

Either way I am excited as fuck for this. Old school FTW :D[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean by "multiple levels". You mean like as in Super Mario Brothers has level 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, then 2-1, etc? Because if that's what you're asking, then yes, that's certainly the case. They're all full, complete games.

Back in the Famicom days, the games were all really short and really hard. :) These ones aren't quite as hard, I don't think. Cosmic Gate, for instance, really didn't feel as difficult as Galaga. Then again, the game right after it (the name of which escapes me) is, at least for me, a bit harder. I think it ramps up pretty nicely. It honestly never gets to the point where I feel angry, though.

Which is good, because I felt really angry at a lot of my old NES games, but then again, I was 7. (But for comparison's sake, Concealed Identity above did say he felt really frustrated from time to time. It's possible he's played further in than I have. Or maybe I'm just so pleased and charmed with the game that I don't mind.)

By the end of the game itself, the parody games become quite sophisticated, as did Famicom games in the early late 80s/early 90s. The last couple, Gaudia Quest and a Ninja game (which parodies everything from Mega Man to Castlevania to Metroid to Super Mario Bros. to Ninja Gaiden, and other games we wouldn't recognize) are pretty amazing.

I don't know who came up with the idea for this game, but I love them. It's so simple yet so fantastic, and the team that designed it, and designed the parody games, did such a brilliant job. I can't see how this game would avoid a sequel, at least in Japan.

Anyway, that was rather long, sorry, but I get excited about this one.

bread's done
Back