Game Crazy Deals, including 50% console trade-in bonus towards Wii.

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
1. MVPs get 20% trade bump and 20% off used, Nov. 14th-20th.

2. 20% off any new game $18.99 or less, Nov. 10th-23rd.

3. Any console traded towards a Wii gets a 50% trade bump, Nov. 14th-Dec. 15th. This is not an MVP-only deal. This works for PS2, Xbox, GC, PSP, DS, and 360. The below values are pre-bonus.

PS2 fat - $50
PS2 slim - $50
GC - $30
PSP - $110
DS - $45
DS Lite - $65
Xbox - $55
360 Core - $190
360 Premium - $230

I'm not exactly sure how they'd work it on the 360 trade-in, since either, after the bump, would trade for more than the price of the Wii.

what's the chance you can secure a Wii anyway? I just bought a xbox 360, but I have 2 PSPs so I suppose I could sell the one with the dead pixels -_- and use that towards a Wii. It's better than it sitting on my dresser collecting dust. Are the bonus prices going to be based on those prices listed above? $165 for a Psp sounds somewhat too good to be true but ok...

Wait so I trade in my PS2 for a Wii and end up paying $150? Wow

Or trade in the PS2 and the GC and pay $90.

[quote name='GameReeper']Is this it? no 3 for $15 classic plastic or buy 2 get 1 free? or any games on sale?[/quote]

The classic plastic is 3 for $10 this time, and it already has a thread.

[quote name='Jatsu']Wait so I trade in my PS2 for a Wii and end up paying $150? Wow

Or trade in the PS2 and the GC and pay $90.[/QUOTE]

actually trade in a PS2 and pay $175.

trade in a PS2 and Gamecube and pay $130.

You're getting a 50% bonus not double the trade-in value. Doesn't seem worth it unless you're trading in a PSP.

[quote name='kmartbum001']what's the chance you can secure a Wii anyway? I just bought a xbox 360, but I have 2 PSPs so I suppose I could sell the one with the dead pixels -_- and use that towards a Wii. It's better than it sitting on my dresser collecting dust. Are the bonus prices going to be based on those prices listed above? $165 for a Psp sounds somewhat too good to be true but ok...[/quote]

The deal is good through December 15th, so I imagine they'd get a few shipments in that timeframe. As far as I know, the bonus will be based on those prices, but, of course, they can change their trade-in values any time, so no guarantees.

hopefully they'll do preorders for future shipments if you aren't able to get one at launch. I still think you'll be able to get a Wii if you show up to the store within the hour or two that they open, at least in some cities.

So if I traded in my GC I would get 60 bucks towards a Wii?

I don't see why not, the Wii is fully backwards compatible, hmm....

[quote name='hhhdx4']So if I traded in my GC I would get 60 bucks towards a Wii?

I don't see why not, the Wii is fully backwards compatible, hmm....[/quote]
you would only get $45...$30 + 15 (50%) = 45

Finally, some GC trade-in deals. Now it's time to unload my Cube at GC and drop it on my preordered Wii.

Anybody know if you need the box & controller for trade-in?

[quote name='rufio2004nfg']hopefully they'll do preorders for future shipments if you aren't able to get one at launch. I still think you'll be able to get a Wii if you show up to the store within the hour or two that they open, at least in some cities.[/quote]
I've just found out that it won't work for preorders, the Wii must be in-stock. Sorry.

[quote name='guessed']I've just found out that it won't work for preorders, the Wii must be in-stock. Sorry.[/quote]

Wait, So I have to bring my systems that I wish to trade in that day and hope that they have some Wii's in stock before I can get the trade in values?

[quote name='guessed']PS2 fat - $50
PS2 slim - $50
GC - $30
PSP - $110
DS - $45
DS Lite - $65
Xbox - $55
360 Core - $190
360 Premium - $230

I'm not exactly sure how they'd work it on the 360 trade-in, since either, after the bump, would trade for more than the price of the Wii.[/quote]

I can easily match the trade-in values after the bonus for the slim, DS Lite and Xbox.

Of course, I don't have a store. So, no store credit. Just cash.

Edit: And you'd have to ship me a working console.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
Anybody know if you need the box & controller for trade-in?[/quote]
All you need is one controller, composite cables, and the power adapter. Along with the GameCube of course. Make sure they're first party just incase.

[quote name='guessed']I've just found out that it won't work for preorders, the Wii must be in-stock. Sorry.[/quote]

:lol:

That's priceless. Always some BS hook.

EDIT: Looking forward to the price drop on new games.

am i seeing this right. If i trade a 360 premium in I will get $230 plus 50% more...aka $345...

[quote name='gwaki']am i seeing this right. If i trade a 360 premium in I will get $230 plus 50% more...aka $345...[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty good considering you can buy one from overstock.com for $352 shipped. The core looks even better given it brings in $285 in credit and retails for $300. Use the $40 off $200 or more coupon at CC (scans at slickdeals.net) and get a core for $260 plus tax. Make a $1 even.

Basically free rental 360 for a month then trade it in for your PS3 or Wii.

Well if they take preorders for Wii then there will be no Wiis in stock to use this trade-in deal! What if you put $50 (or however much they require) down to preorder a Wii, then when you go to pick it up you trade in your system of choice?

[quote name='guessed']2. 20% off any new game $18.99 or less, Nov. 10th-23rd.[/quote]
This does not apply to MVP members only, right?

Wow, $165 is pretty good for a PSP and I already have $58 down for the Wii at GC.

Decisions, decisions.

Edit: Do MVP members get any additonal bonus on top of the 50% extra?

I just called my local gamestop, they said they havent heard anything about this what so ever but if i bring in an e-mail or something they will honor it.

"That's priceless. Always some BS hook."

Whats wrong with that?

anyway if I were to trade-in I wouldnt need the original box, right?

OK let me elaborate.. it DOES work on pre-orders, **BUT** it'll work when you pick the console up. So if you have it preordered already, bring a system to trade in when you pick up your Wii and it will (should) work.

Basically, whenever you go to pick up a Wii from GC, bring a console and you'll get the 50% bump. I think. I dunno. That's just what i'm told. And the 20% less on $18.99 new or less is not an MVP deal

[quote name='hhhdx4']"That's priceless. Always some BS hook."

Whats wrong with that?

anyway if I were to trade-in I wouldnt need the original box, right?[/quote]

IF I understand this, one could potentially pack up all of their consoles and be denied the 50% bonus because GC ran out of consoles for today. It would be much better and yield the same result if they simply gave store credit.

Would you be put off if you drove across town and were denied $55 store credit for your PSP because the Wii shipment was a day late?

I would, and that is something to think about, but Ill call ahead I suppose to make sure they do...

Question: apparently the Controller I gave my siblings is now missing the rubber on the left thumb stick, think I could use that instead of my good controller?

I like my original controller for the rumble :(

edit: and how should I package it?

Thats a sweet deal! I have an extra Cube I'd like to dump and if it wasn't for the fact that I just sold my PSP it would be gone too.

[quote name='eshbums']Does GC take in older consoles as trade? Anyone have ballpark figures for a couple generations back?[/quote]

$10 or less

not too bad of a deal...but i actually have too many games for PS2 and cube to let go off so I'm holding off for next gen consoles now...

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']1 more day til i trade in ds, xbox, and cube![/quote]
For what? You need to trade in your consoles when you pick up a Wii if you want a 50% bump. If you preordered the Wii, trade in your systems at the time you pick the Wii up. Unless you're thinking about the 20% bump for MVP, in which case, that's a no-go, since the MVP doesn't bump trade-in values on hardware.

[quote name='Scorch']For what? You need to trade in your consoles when you pick up a Wii if you want a 50% bump. If you preordered the Wii, trade in your systems at the time you pick the Wii up. Unless you're thinking about the 20% bump for MVP, in which case, that's a no-go, since the MVP doesn't bump trade-in values on hardware.[/QUOTE]
Thanks scorch I didn't want to have to explain that, but two things I can add since I work at Game Crazy the deal actually starts on the 14th so if you have a nice manager at your store and you are on the first alocation at that store they could let you trade in your systems before sunday morning so that we don't have 50 systems taking up space in our stores.

Also some of you need to learn simple math, it's 50% so take half of the trade in value and add that to the trade in value and you have what you will get.

Game Crazy has a limit of two of the same system, also you need to bring the system, one Controller, A/V wires ( unless portable) and the AC adapter. Classic systems are not a part of this deal just current GEN and 360.

Lastly the one I am most excited about is that you will get Buy 2 get one FREE on games when you buy a system, but the FREE one must be the cheapest and MUST BE USED. so what I'm doing is buying a Wii, Zelda, Excite Truck, and 49.99 USED 360 most likely Splinter cell but I'm not sure.

And of Course with any system purchase you get 12 Free rentals at Hollywood video that are separated by months.

I'm confused. I just called Game Crazy and they said they are not running 20% off new games $18.99 or less.

I called Gamecrazy here in southern california (san diego area) and the guy said they are running no such deal. He was supposed to ask his general manager and then call me back but he never did.

Well, I'm cool with the manager at minez here in Vegas and he told me this deal is a GO!!:applause:

SWEET!! I bought a Core 360 from Tower for $225, and now I'm gonna get $285 towards my Wii for it! My gamble has paid off!! FREE WII FTW!!:D

OK here's the deal. I just got back and my friend that works there showed me. This deal is active. It came in over the hotmail this weekend. The employee has to manually scan a coupon. The deal is nation wide. They have the coupon. It's on the same paper as the coupon for the 3 for 10 and the Wii console trade bump. I had him give it a try and it knocked Geist down from 14.99 new to 11.99 new with it listing the 20% off $18.99 or less printed underneath. Something that may have happened is that the employee working today wasn't aware of the deal (which was announced over the weekend or something). Tell him to check the hotmail for a coupon to scan because this deal IS active.

And I got a second confirmation that you can only get the Wii trade bump if you get it on the same transaction. Those of you that preordered, trade your stuff when you pick up your Wii this weekend. Everyone else, trade your systems in when they have the Wii in stock.

[quote name='M1C13']
Lastly the one I am most excited about is that you will get Buy 2 get one FREE on games when you buy a system, but the FREE one must be the cheapest and MUST BE USED. so what I'm doing is buying a Wii, Zelda, Excite Truck, and 49.99 USED 360 most likely Splinter cell but I'm not sure. [/quote]

I thought you had to buy used hardware and all of the games have to be used.. hence the "buy 2 get 1 free on used games with the purchase of used hardware"

[quote name='M1C13']
Lastly the one I am most excited about is that you will get Buy 2 get one FREE on games when you buy a system, but the FREE one must be the cheapest and MUST BE USED. so what I'm doing is buying a Wii, Zelda, Excite Truck, and 49.99 USED 360 most likely Splinter cell but I'm not sure. [/quote]

I thought you had to buy used hardware and all of the games have to be used.. hence the "buy 2 get 1 free on used games with the purchase of used hardware"

Remember people, 50% is not double. 100% is double.

50% of $50 is not another $50, its $25.

$50 + 50% = $75

Good old American education at work. :) Hope this helps. ;)

bread's done
Back