Game Crazy - Game Gear games .99 cents (Buy 2 Get 1 Free as well!)

GizmoGC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (98%)
Hey all.

Just got back from a visit to a local Game Crazy. A bunch of Game Gear games are now .99 cents. A friend picked up about 18 of of them other day, and another customer bought 3-4. All rung up .99. This MAY be YMMV, but if you're out looking for the 3 for $15 deals, this may be of interest.

Make sure to have them check the price...not just quote the sticker price. Most are not even aware there was a pricedrop.

I asked an employee about this yesterday, and he didn't know so he scanned the most expensive ones and they came out to .99 cents. Also the sports titles came out to .50 cents.

[quote name='cyrix`']Yet another reason why I want a gamecrazy in my area.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here, even though my city isnt very big we still have about 6 EB/Gamestops around. I mean we have university here which has the largest gaming age group. I hope I get one soon as they tend to have tons of great deals.

Ok, so its not YMMV then. All GC stores that have Game Gear games are .99 or less. Hope everyone got some good games!

Here is my final Game Gear haul:

Bust-a-Move
Castle of Illusion
Choplifter III
Clutch Hitter
Columns
Deep Duck Trouble
Desert Speedtrap
FIFA Soccer
Five-in-One Fun Pack
G-Loc
Joe Montana Football
Jurassic Park
Legend of Illusion
Lion King
Madden '95
Madden '96
Majors Pro Baseball
Monster Truck Battle
Ms. Pac-Man
NBA Jam
NBA Jam TE
NFL Quarterback Club 96
Pac-Man
Putt & Putter Minature Golf
Ren & Stimpy: Quest for the Shaven Yak
Ristar
Road Rash
Shinobi
Side Pocket
Sonic 2
Sonic Spinball
Spider-Man
Super Columns
Super Monaco GP
Super Monaco GP II
World Series Baseball
WWF Raw

Nice... maybe I should get some and send them to my dad.

Yes, that's right. My dad.

/father is a Game Gear owner
//been trying to talk him out of it for a year
///unsuccessful :(

The only decent titles I could find at my Gamecrazy:
Ecco The Dolphin
Dragon Crystal
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Columns
Total: 4.25

Many thanks OP.

Ok, i am a bit far away from a gamecrazy but i know someone that works there, i told them to buy me some random GG games and i would pay them for the games.

I wish I would have known this Monday. The GC I drove to(30 miles away) had about 10 GG games that I didn't buy. I picked up Spider-Man as the third of 3 games(3-$15)and it did ring up as $0.99, but I didn't think to check the others.

My local Gamecrazy had a ton of GG games today, mostly Sonic titles and some sports ones. The guy kept telling me that they are not $0.99 though. Sonic 2 was marked $12.99. I'll probably head back tomorrow and try to get them to ring me up for some as this guy was extremely lazy.

Have him actually scan (or type in depending how old the system is) the games. Or even better, have him run an inventory of all Game Gear games.

tonight I got the following...

James Pond II
Simpsons: Bart vs THGG
Jungle Book
Outrun Europa
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Shinobi II
Sonic Triple Trouble
Woody Pop
Battletoads
Speedy Gonzales
Super Monaco GP
Bonkers
Baku Baku
VR Troopers
X-Men
SpiderMan
Ecco
G-Loc
Dragon Crystal
Super Space Invaders
Taz Mania
Desert Speedtrap
Ren & Stimpy
Donald Duck
Junction
Cool Spot
Poker Face Paul
Marble Madness
Mickey Mouse: Land of Illusion
Lion King

there are 3 other Game Crazy stores by me: guess I'll hit 'em up tomorrow...thanks for the original post.

I went back today, and the lady said they were all 3 for $15, but I had her ring them up and she said she would be nice and let me have them for a dollar each(what a dick). Anyway, I got Streets of Rage, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Blast, Sonic Spinball, and Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion.

[quote name='tubtub']I went back today, and the lady said they were all 3 for $15, but I had her ring them up and she said she would be nice and let me have them for a dollar each(what a dick). Anyway, I got Streets of Rage, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Blast, Sonic Spinball, and Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion.[/QUOTE]

read the other thread for my recent post. GC employees are some of the dumbest people on earth.

If there is no game gear stuff, you have to ask for it, they will pull out a huge box of dusty games most likely, and let you pick through them.

i saw a game i never saw before on the GG

beavis and butthead. and sonic triple something. i have no use for the so i passed (broke as well)

yeah, I got a few more today to:

Aerial Assault 4.99
Poker Face Paul's Gin 4.99
Solitaire Poker 9.99
Poker Face Paul's Blackjack 4.99
Defender of Oasis 12.99
Poker Face Paul's Solitaire 9.99
FIFA International Soccer 7.99
The Incrediable Crash Dummies 7.99
Shaq Fu 4.99
Star Trex Generations: Beyond the Nexus 12.99
Ms Pac-Man 12.99
Zoop 4.99
Zoop 4.99
X-Men 7.99
X-Men 7.99
The Chessmaster 12.99
The Chessmaster 12.99
G-Loc Air Battle 12.99
Samurai Shodown 7.99
Streets of Rage 9.99
Foreman for Real 7.99
Evander Holyfield's "Real Deal" Boxing 2.99
Quest for the Shaven Yak Starring Ren & Hoek Stimpy 4.99
Mortal Kombat II 9.99
Mortal Kombat II 9.99
Mortal Kombat 7.99
Mortal Kombat 7.99
Devilish 4.99
NFL '95 1.99
World Series Baseball '95 2.99
SOnic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble 9.99
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie 9.99
Taz in Escape from Mars 4.99

price from stickers: $264.67
price @ $0.49 & $0.99 $34.00 +/-

They had 6 game gear games in new haven, ct, but the guy said that someone came by and bought them all. No luck here.

Mine still has about 25 or so. Nothing really that great. Dracula, some Mickey ganes, Fantasy Zone, Cosmic Spacehead...etc. If someone wants them PM me.

Ihavn't seen a GC with a Game Gear in atleast a year. Most return them as defective as they are next to impossible to sell. I was able to get 3-4 Blue Game Gears atleast.

bread's done
Back