Game disc replacement program?

rygar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm playing through Twilight Princess and the game just freezes randomly. It can be while fighting, talking, walking, changing areas.....it's pretty much happened anywhere save the cutscenes. Sometimes the eject button works, and I can always turn off the Wii with the power button (but not put it into standby). This hasn't happened with any other game I've played, so I'm thinking there's something wrong with the disc...though the disc itself is in perfect condition.

Has anyone had any experience with Nintendo's game disc replacement program? Does it cost anything? My problem right now is that I'm pretty sure I bought the game more than 90 days ago, and I don't have my receipt anyway. Or can anybody think of any other solutions? It's starting to get really annoying....I'd estimate that out of the ~15 saved hours I've played (I'm just about to go to the water temple), I've wasted about 5 hours due to the game freezing up.

If you bring the game back to place of purchase, they will typically exchange for a copy of the same game.

Did you register your copy on Nintendo.com? They may be able to look up the that date and use it as reference. However, I'd bet that if you call their customer service (800.255.3700) and talk to a rep, explain what's going on (and be nice), they'll probably swap it out no matter how long you've had it (assuming you are correct when you say it is in perfect condition...)

my wii sports stopped working months after I got my wii, and with one call to nintendos customer service, they sent me a new wii sports disk within the week. I would assume it works similarly with all nintendo games at least.

bread's done
Back