game for ttwenty dollors or less that rocks

[quote name='BigD63']i have xbox360 ps2 wii:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You have about 100 choices for the PS2. You'll have to narrow down that "rocks."

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Xbox) - My personal favorite game $2 new at Gamestop
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)
Half-Life 2 (Xbox)
Psychonauts (Xbox)
Star Wars Republic Commando (Xbox)
Beyond Good & Evil (GC or PS2)
Punisher, The (Xbox)
Incredible Hulk, The: Ultimate Destruction (Xbox)
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Xbox)
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360)
Max Payne (Xbox)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (GC or PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Xbox)
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (PS2)
Condemned: Criminal Origins (360)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Xbox)
Half-Life (PS2)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS1)
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PS1)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (XB)
Deus Ex (PS2)
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (GC or PS2)
Freedom Fighters (GC or PS2)
Grand Theft Auto III (XB)
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell (XB)
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (XB)
Halo: Combat Evolved (XB)
Jak II (PS2)
Jak 3 (PS2)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (GC or PS2)
Hitman: Contracts (XB)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GC)
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (PS2)
Call of Duty 2 (360)

[quote name='Orion_of_Chaos']I'm so shocked that no one has mentioned Shadow of the Colossus yet.[/quote]

me too, that games amazing. definite must buy

[quote name='Orion_of_Chaos']I'm so shocked that no one has mentioned Shadow of the Colossus yet.[/quote]
Um, because the game sucks?

Just kidding! :bouncy:

Zelda-Wind Waker
Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII ($25ish?)
Xenosagas
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil 4
Katamari Damacy
...this list would be impossibly long. Just check out a meta-ranking site like gamerankings.com to get some ideas.

[quote name='RyanFrost']Um, because the game sucks?

Just kidding! :bouncy:
[/QUOTE]
yeah it does!!! should've been a ps3 lanuch game, it looked so over-processed and weak on ps2 :( I think they should've done a PS3 lanuch game like how Ico was a ps2 lanuch game (or near lanuch?)

God, I wanted to like SOTC but I couldnt...I usually dont complain but the framerate was SO disgusting. It felt like 5-10fps in some areas.

Not to mention the HUGE amount of glitches.

[quote name='onikage']Shadow of the Colossus, one of the greatest games I've ever played.[/quote]

I completely agree.

Condemned (360, PC) Stubbs the zombie (Xbox, PC, Xbox version works on 360) Psychonauts (Xbox, PS2 AND PC, Xbox version works on 360)

Like some said earlier the PS2 has a ton of good games for under $20.
Katamari Damacy... We Love Katamari too if you can find it under $20
The Red Star
Twisted Metal Black
God of War
Shadow of the Colossus
Tekken 5
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
The GTA games
Soul Calibur 2/3
Gran Turismo 3/4
Resident Evil 4(ps2 or gc) If I were you though I'd shell out $10 more for the Wii version

You can also buy point cards for XBL Marketplace and Wii shop channel. There are a few good games on each service like Geometry Wars and TMNT on XBLM and Starfox 64 and Super Metroid on WSC.

I recommend Guilty Gear X2: # Reload, Jet Set Radio Future, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Phantom Dust. I think all of those are BC on your Xbox 360.

[quote name='freshzen']yeah it does!!! should've been a ps3 lanuch game, it looked so over-processed and weak on ps2 :( I think they should've done a PS3 lanuch game like how Ico was a ps2 lanuch game (or near lanuch?)[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, why can't you spell LAUNCH?!

SoTC was alright. I absolutely loved it up until about the fifth Colossus or so... after that it got old fast. I really only enjoyed the fights with the humanoid Colossi (1, 3, and the huge one with the beard), and the flying one. Other than that, frustration abounds. Love the look and art style of the game, just not so much the gameplay.

[quote name='deathweasel']Holy crap, why can't you spell LAUNCH?!

SoTC was alright. I absolutely loved it up until about the fifth Colossus or so... after that it got old fast. I really only enjoyed the fights with the humanoid Colossi (1, 3, and the huge one with the beard), and the flying one. Other than that, frustration abounds. Love the look and art style of the game, just not so much the gameplay.[/quote]

:lol: You just made me realize he spelled launch that way four times (so it couldn't have been a typo)....lanuch, heh.

[quote name='deathweasel']Holy crap, why can't you spell LAUNCH?!

SoTC was alright. I absolutely loved it up until about the fifth Colossus or so... after that it got old fast. I really only enjoyed the fights with the humanoid Colossi (1, 3, and the huge one with the beard), and the flying one. Other than that, frustration abounds. Love the look and art style of the game, just not so much the gameplay.[/quote]

That is some funny crap. I didn't notice it either.

I would nominate...

XBOX - HALO (I think it's $20 now)
XBOX 360 - Splinter Cell : Double Agent
PS2 - Final Fantasy X
GC - Resident Evil 4
Wii - Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (I couldn't think of another cheap game that was pretty good.)

If you are going the downloadable route here are my choices...

XBOX LIVE ARCADE - Geomatry Wars and Bomberman Live
Wii Virtual Console - Super Metroid and Super Mario Brothers

[quote name='freshzen'] should've been a ps3 lanuch game, it looked so over-processed and weak on ps2 :( I think they should've done a PS3 lanuch game like how Ico was a ps2 lanuch game (or near lanuch?)[/QUOTE]

Oh, man just the though of SOTC on ps3 is just:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
Shadow of the Colossus
Final Fantasy X
Sly Cooper
Rygar
R-Type Final
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology ($5 at TRU can't be beat!)
Tales of Symphonia
Resident Evil 4
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload The Midnight Carnival
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Call of Duty 2

bread's done
Back