Game Idea Contest - Battlestar Galactica, Voltron, Back to the Future, Jaws, or Turok Son of Stone

Ah yes, this is going around the Unity boards. (naturally)

I've got way too much on my plate right now to participate. But it is kind of neat that a company is letting people play around with their IP a bit, even if the attempt is transparently self-serving. (a free think-tank of game design and prototyping, with next to no risk or expense on the IP-holder's part)

If I was getting in on this, I would probably go for Jaws. This property has never gotten proper representation in video games, and it is one of my favourite films of all time. The only other property to be as lacking in video games is Battlestar, but that is considerably less challenging from a game design perspective. FTL is basically Battlestar Galactica without the IP.

Ah yes, this is going around the Unity boards. (naturally)

I've got way too much on my plate right now to participate. But it is kind of neat that a company is letting people play around with their IP a bit, even if the attempt is transparently self-serving. (a free think-tank of game design and prototyping, with next to no risk or expense on the IP-holder's part)

If I was getting in on this, I would probably go for Jaws. This property has never gotten proper representation in video games, and it is one of my favourite films of all time. The only other property to be as lacking in video games is Battlestar, but that is considerably less challenging from a game design perspective. FTL is basically Battlestar Galactica without the IP.
I dunno. Stabbing that shark in Jaws the Revenge on the NES felt pretty good.

bread's done
Back