Game Informer subscription

BLarR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone thinks it's worth it with these circumstances. I know the EDGE card bonus is a great deal, but this weekend being the exception, I never go to GS anymore and would probably just be using the magazine part of the deal. So is there anyone who thinks Game Informer is worth it by itself? I was subscribed four months back and was constantly annoyed by the writing. I seemed like every article aimed for humor more than some exciting news. I have an EGM subscription right now, and I really like qwhat I've been reading in there. So is GI worth the price of admission nowadays?

GI is staffed by dorks. Their coverage is good, but they try to be funny way too often, with little success. With the internet, I'm hard pressed to pay for any magazines now. EGM is free, and GI has the Edge card on its side. So if you don't need their coverage or an Edge card, then don't bother.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']GI is staffed by dorks. Their coverage is good, but they try to be funny way too often, with little success. With the internet, I'm hard pressed to pay for any magazines now. EGM is free, and GI has the Edge card on its side. So if you don't need their coverage or an Edge card, then don't bother.[/QUOTE]

I might be a moron...but, how do you get EGM for free? I haven't seen any deals lately.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I might be a moron...but, how do you get EGM for free? I haven't seen any deals lately.[/QUOTE]

They come and go. I just keep an eye on the free magazine thread.

GI is only good for their cover stories. All of their articles are crap and written poorly, but their cover stories are huge (usually about 8-12 pages) and exclusive. Everyone knows that you get the subscription for the card.

And don't trust any reviews written by these guys. They gave Assassin's Creed a 9.5 for chrissakes.

bread's done
Back