Game Markdowns at HMV

Bamm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I noticed a bunch of markdowns at HMV while there last night. Nothing earth-shattering, but there were a bunch of titles people may have been waiting to drop in price before picking up.

I snagged Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 for 14.99 (down from around 45-50 I believe)
I also saw:
Mini Ninjas PS3 (14.99)
Sonic Unleashed PS3 (9.99)
Armored Core: For Answer PS3 (9.99)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 360 (9.99)

Those are the only titles I can really remember, but there were quite a few more on other systems as well. YMMV of course, and selection will likely vary by store.

Wow Sonic Unleashed for 9,99$? Awesome! I traded mine long time ago.
Ill hunt another one now that I got the DLC.

Is Gensis Collection worth it? Heard its crappy port.

edit:
link to the sonic entries on hmv.ca
http://hmv.ca/Products/Detail/430761.aspx

it says 24.99$ still for now. so maybe YMMV as you said.

edit2:
theres only 2 at 100 km from me! and only 1 close....Ill go check it tonight of tommorow.

In regards to the collection, I bought it a while back and have enjoyed it. For the price you do get a lot. It will never be like playing it on the original console, but I really didn't notice any issues with it. For 10$, you get quite a lot of gaming!

Genesis collection is definitely something you'll need to buy a new controller for, definite for 360 (since it has an ass d-pad) and possibly for PS3 if you hate Sony d-pads that much.

But it's certainly better in ways than the last Genesis collection (Genesis collection on PS2/P) since this one has more games.

Wonder whats happened to HMV starting trade ins. I would think they'd have wanted to start by now for the xmas season. The $5 thing ended and nothing

Sonic Unleashed is definitely $24.99 at most of the HMV's in Toronto, but I haven't been able to spot the Sonic Genesis Collection unfortunately. I did see loads of Bionic Commandos for $9.99 for all the people searching for that one...

[quote name='JGonspy']Sonic Unleashed is definitely $24.99 at most of the HMV's in Toronto, but I haven't been able to spot the Sonic Genesis Collection unfortunately. I did see loads of Bionic Commandos for $9.99 for all the people searching for that one...[/QUOTE]

That's the 360 edition of Unleashed (I noticed when I was out picking up another couple of games a few minutes ago)

Overlord 2 PS3 is also 9.99, and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena PS3 is 14.99 just to add them to the verified sighting list.

Went looking for and found the Sonic Genesis Collection in Red Deer last night. Unfortunately it was still 24.99, even got the clerk to scan it to be sure. Oh well YMMV....

Game markdowns at HMV I saw:

NCAA Football 09 Wii - $5
NBA 2k10 Wii - $10
Disney Sing It Wii - $10
Disney Dance Revolution Wii- $15
Bloom Box Party (2nd one ) Wii - $10

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 PS3 - $5

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 X360- $10

There are many many games at $10 or lower, mostly DS and Wii, but also PS3 and X360.

Didn't have any mentioned above, was looking for boom blox

PS3 naruto ninja storm at $10 was the only thing that might have been not seen before. Many $5 wii shovelware and $10 games that have been seen at that Year(s) ago (stuntman, turtles). Lego rockband $10

Went in to look for Mini Ninjas but they were sold out. I was pretty disappointed about that. I did see the Collector's Edition of the new Brothers in Arms for only $9.99, though. If I liked that game, I would've easily jumped on that deal!

Thanks OP!

Picked up last copy of Sonic Unleashed PS3 (which was well hidden) and Boom Blox Bash Party (lots of) both for 9.99$!

edit: saw Dragon Quest IV for 19.99$ (decent)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matsam']DQIV DS for 20 bucks is more than decent. Now if only I could find DQV DS for that price...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but Im a real cheap guy, waiting for 14.99-19.99$ used w/ edge discount :p

Oh I also saw Where the Wild Things Are PS3 at 9.99$

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Yeah but Im a real cheap guy, waiting for 14.99-19.99$ used w/ edge discount :p

Oh I also saw Where the Wild Things Are PS3 at 9.99$[/QUOTE]

If it helps, it's a really good game, and I don't think it had the much of a print run. $22.00 after taxes (roughly) like this is likely the cheapest you'll find the game unless Loblaw's has some crazy clearance on it (though the odds on this would probably be low with the odds of actually finding a copy even lower, if I had to place any bets). It's definitely worth the extra few dollars.

I was at HMV today and noticed these Xbox 360 games on sale:

Tomb Raider Anniversary $9.99
Incredible Hulk $9.99
Iron Man $9.99
Superman Returns $9.99
Viva Pinata: Party Animals $9.99
Sonic Unleashed $9.99
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Platinum Hits) $9.99
Guilty Gear 2: Overture $14.99 (I think EB Games is still selling this used for $54)

Last edited by a moderator:
At HMV (Richmond Centre location) i found:
bionic commando 360 - 9.99
endwar 360 - 9.99
Splinter Cell Double Agent - 360 - 9.99

didn't pick up any, but well worth for anyone who's interested

[quote name='Bamm']If it helps, it's a really good game, and I don't think it had the much of a print run. $22.00 after taxes (roughly) like this is likely the cheapest you'll find the game unless Loblaw's has some crazy clearance on it (though the odds on this would probably be low with the odds of actually finding a copy even lower, if I had to place any bets). It's definitely worth the extra few dollars.[/QUOTE]

Actually, i dont agree. The situation with DQ in the US is not as it was before since DQ 8 and then DQ Sword & DQ Joker.

Looking at the trend:
http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/searc...ord&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=dragon quest
Im 99% sure it will hit 19.99$ or less at EB soon enough. But thanks for the advice anyway.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Actually, i dont agree. The situation with DQ in the US is not as it was before since DQ 8 and then DQ Sword & DQ Joker.

Looking at the trend:
http://www.gamestop.ca/browse/searc...ord&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=dragon quest
Im 99% sure it will hit 19.99$ or less at EB soon enough. But thanks for the advice anyway.[/QUOTE]

We're also basically talking about a potential $2-3 difference between a new and used copy of the game as well. (Just having some fun here, not trolling you BTW :p)

[quote name='Bamm']We're also basically talking about a potential $2-3 difference between a new and used copy of the game as well. (Just having some fun here, not trolling you BTW :p)[/QUOTE]

I know :p
But with edge card and EB credits (tax free), it's a 5$ difference, so close to 25% less. And I get more money in my wallet :)

[quote name='Mattblasto']I was at HMV today and noticed these Xbox 360 games on sale:

Tomb Raider Anniversary $9.99
Incredible Hulk $9.99
Iron Man $9.99
Superman Returns $9.99
Viva Pinata: Party Animals $9.99
Sonic Unleashed $9.99
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (Platinum Hits) $9.99
Guilty Gear 2: Overture $14.99 (I think EB Games is still selling this used for $54)[/QUOTE]

Which HMV did you see these at?

Some notable finds at mine (downtown Montreal), all for $9.99:

Hulk (360)
Bionic COmmando (360)
Too Human (360)
Castlevania: Judgement (Wii)
Scene-It (360)
Alone in The Dark (360)

and a bunch of shovelwares for the Wii.

I picked up Too Human and Hulk myself. There's still a lot of copies left.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Some notable finds at mine (downtown Montreal), all for $9.99:

Hulk (360)
Bionic COmmando (360)
Too Human (360)
Scene-It (360)
Alone in The Dark (360)

I picked up Too Human and Hulk myself. There's still a lot of copies left.[/QUOTE]

yes, saw all that as well, but I had Hulk from BBV 2.50$

[quote name='JGonspy']Which HMV did you see these at?[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. I saw these at the Willowbrook Mall in Langley and the Guildford Town Centre in Surrey. I guess this doesn't help if you don't live in BC though

[quote name='Mattblasto']Sorry man. I saw these at the Willowbrook Mall in Langley and the Guildford Town Centre in Surrey. I guess this doesn't help if you don't live in BC though[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I guess it doesn't really matter being all the way in Ontario. Oh well, thanks anyway.

picked up Quantom of Solace and Ghostbusters for $14.99 and $9.99 respectively!

decent prices @ downtown montreal store!

[quote name='dossantosc']picked up Quantom of Solace and Ghostbusters for $14.99 and $9.99 respectively!

decent prices @ downtown montreal store![/QUOTE]

sweet man, wii both?

[quote name='glowhax']unfortunately there is no stock of armored core: for answer in the GVRD :([/QUOTE]

There are still a few copies around here. I'd probably be willing to pick one up for someone if they wanted to cover the cost of the game and shipping.

[quote name='Itachi']Damn I'd love Armored Core, but odds are it's OOS at my location...[/QUOTE]

Check out my last post :p

tons of copies of Quantum of Solace & Riddick for the 360 $14.99
tons of RE5 (non-gold) for the 360 $19.99

all at upper canada mall HMV (newmarket)

I've seen these titles in a lot of bargain bins for approx $20 and less. These are the ones I can remember:

Away: Shuffle Dungeon DS (66%) $5.99
Robocalypse DS (79%) $9.99
Star Fox Command DS(76%) $9.99
Munchables Wii (74%) $9.99
Ju-on Wii (40%) $9.99

Review scores from gamerankings.com. I'm gonna have to look for Boom Blox and possibly Drone Tactics (it's the Atlas thing..)

[quote name='ZubZub']I've seen these titles in a lot of bargain bins for approx $20 and less. These are the ones I can remember:

Ju-on Wii (40%) $9.99

Review scores from gamerankings.com. I'm gonna have to look for Boom Blox and possibly Drone Tactics (it's the Atlas thing..)[/QUOTE]

We got a Wii recently and I'd LOVE to get Ju-On for $10, but with a 40% ranking, I'll pass. :bomb:
Any CAGs that happen to have it and feel differently?

[quote name='ZubZub']I've seen these titles in a lot of bargain bins for approx $20 and less. These are the ones I can remember:

Ju-on Wii (40%) $9.99

Review scores from gamerankings.com. I'm gonna have to look for Boom Blox and possibly Drone Tactics (it's the Atlas thing..)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind Star Fox Command for that price. Where did you see these?

[quote name='jeffx']Silent Hill > Calling > Ju-On

in terms of survival horror for Wii, also IMHO[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm glad I picked up Munchables! It did remind me of Katamari from the description on the back.

Yeah, I was tempted by Ju-On, but I'm glad I waited to look at reviews… 40% is pretty bad yet $10 still makes it tempting…

Oh hey, they had Calling for $10 too. Other games I remembered for $10:
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer DS (71%)
The Legend of Kage 2 DS (73%)

[quote name='JGonspy']I wouldn't mind Star Fox Command for that price. Where did you see these?[/QUOTE]

I saw these games at a Regina location. Probably not convenient?

And something very odd about the Star Fox game is that it was a European version. The case was slightly larger, a transparent plastic, and the packaging in general is different. >_>

$20 for Silent Hill and FFCC is worth it.

Both Shiren and Kage come highly recommended (but I'm a hardcore gamer)

You have much better selection than my local store. Would definitely buy all of these if I didn't have them already.

[quote name='Hyunkel']Some notable finds at mine (downtown Montreal), all for $9.99:

Hulk (360)
Bionic COmmando (360)
Too Human (360)
Scene-It (360)
Alone in The Dark (360)

I picked up Too Human and Hulk myself. There's still a lot of copies left.[/QUOTE]

Is this the scene-it bundle, or just the game?

[quote name='ZubZub']
I saw these games at a Regina location. Probably not convenient?

And something very odd about the Star Fox game is that it was a European version. The case was slightly larger, a transparent plastic, and the packaging in general is different. >_>

$20 for Silent Hill and FFCC is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Probably a little too far, unless I get the urge to run across a few provinces.

I actually remember seeing a European copy of Phantom Hourglass at EB Games one time myself. I wonder how these games are getting on our shelves.

bread's done
Back