game mouse

mercilessming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Hey I have had a Logitech G7 for a couple years and love it, except for the battery, proprietary battery last like 2 days and you have to swap and previously had the mx510 for years, both have to me, a perfect feel (I only upgrade for the fast dpi, I max out sensitivity settings and mouse settings). I got the G9 and tried using it for like 2 weeks, tried different grips and full weight and just don't like it, because it feels like a large laptop mouse, very low profile and short in length (my palm doesn't rest on the mouse, feels like I am holding my hand up). So I want to know is there a mouse that feels just like the G7 only corded and maybe even higher DPI like the G9 has..

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The new G500. I had an old MX500 (predecessor to the 510518) way back when and it died on me. I tried a Razer DeathAdder for a while but that recently went out on me. Bought a G500 and it's like having my old trusty friend back. Feels just like the MX500. GREAT mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G500...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276285612&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

The DeathAdder might still be under warranty. I had my Razer mouse replaced over a year after I bought it.

http://warranty.razerzone.com/#question5

I've been using a DeathAdder for a few years now. I've had to replace it three times, but I can deal with the somewhat cheap build quality since it's the most comfortable mouse on the market in my opinion.

[quote name='SEH']I've been using a DeathAdder for a few years now. I've had to replace it three times, but I can deal with the somewhat cheap build quality since it's the most comfortable mouse on the market in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I used the Copperhead for a long time too, but I don't game on the PC enough any more to justify upgrading to a Lachesis or another Razer. I think it's both responsive and comfortable too. But yes, it could be better made.

[quote name='SEH']I've been using a DeathAdder for a few years now. I've had to replace it three times, but I can deal with the somewhat cheap build quality since it's the most comfortable mouse on the market in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
The squeak on my DeathAdder drove me nuts. The plastic would squeak while I was squeezing the mouse and it was pretty annoying, but then it started registering double-clicks when I wasn't double clicking and that was the last straw. I tried updating the firmware, but it didn't help. I think the switch went bad on that button.

The build quality on Logitech's mice is much better and they're just about priced the same.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The squeak on my DeathAdder drove me nuts. The plastic would squeak while I was squeezing the mouse and it was pretty annoying, but then it started registering double-clicks when I wasn't double clicking and that was the last straw. I tried updating the firmware, but it didn't help. I think the switch went bad on that button.

The build quality on Logitech's mice is much better and they're just about priced the same.[/QUOTE]

The double-clicks was actually what happened on my first Copperhead....

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The squeak on my DeathAdder drove me nuts. The plastic would squeak while I was squeezing the mouse and it was pretty annoying, but then it started registering double-clicks when I wasn't double clicking and that was the last straw. I tried updating the firmware, but it didn't help. I think the switch went bad on that button.

The build quality on Logitech's mice is much better and they're just about priced the same.[/QUOTE]

I never update my firmware for Razer mice anymore. I bricked TWO Diamondbacks and one DeathAdder with their shitty FW's. All three times they'd just freeze mid-way through the update process, then when I'd eventually have to restart my PC because everything would totally lock-up, the mice would no longer work. Oh, and the fact that there was once a virus in their firmware.

I'm still using an old mx510, personally. However that new 500 model from Logitech looks beautiful.

I might consider it in the distant future. Personally I just don't play enough PC games to make it worth it.

i just finally replaced my logitech mx1000 this week with the mx performance, and could not be happier. i tried out the g500, and just didn't like the textured feel. i also hate corded mice anymore, i have to deal with a crappy corded mouse all day at work, can't stand em.

I just recently replaced my old MX500 (which was the best mouse I'd ever owned, and still worked damn good after like 5 years, but was getting very warn, and I just wanted an excuse to buy a new mouse), with a Logitech G500.

I've been using this mouse for about a month now, and it's awesome. It's like the MX500, but a laser mouse instead of optical. Plus the adjustable sensitivity is awesome in games like Bad Company 2. When I jump in a tank and the movement sensitivity for the turret goes down, I just hit a button and I can move that baby around real fast. It's nice.

I love Logitech mice, and will never use another brand, as long as they keep their quality up... which they have so far.

If your looking to stay with a logitech, I say the G500 is the way to go.

I personally own a Steelseries Xai and love it. Its like the microsoft itellimouse explorer 3.0 on steroids. Great feel as a fingertip user. The other person who has been using my computer is a palm use and enjoys it as well. Just as a non-logitech option.

The deathadder has the same laser in it as the xai which is one of the best on the market, but the mouse its self is known to have a squeaky noise.

I'll stop now, but if you have any questions let me know. I did a lot of research when buying my mouse, mousepad, and keyboard :)

bread's done
Back