Game music bundle (Kickstarter bonuses)

CAGiversary!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeriaska/nubuwo-summer-bundle-music-inspired-by-videogames

$6

Choice of this bundle:

Super Meat Boy Choice Piano Cuts by Danny B. and Brent Kennedy
Closure soundtrack by Christopher Rhyne
Sanosa by Tokyo chiptune artist Omodaka
Splatterhouse Vol. 1: Metal by Howard Drossin
Splatterhouse Vol. 2: Ambient & Cutscenes by Howard Drossin
Splatterhouse Butchered by Various Artists (free download)

or this one:

Black Materia: The Remixes by Mega Ran
Varia Suite by Metroid Metal
Expansion Pack by Metroid Metal
8 Bit Democracy Capitalist Edition by Mutherpluckin' B
Rokko Chan Soundtrack by Asagen
Rokko Chan Chip Remixes & Arrangements by Various Artists

$8

Both of the above

$12

Both of the above, plus:

The Binding of Isaac: The Wrath of the Lamb by Danny B.
Clairvoyance by El Huervo
The Swapper by Carlo Castellano
Cream Wolf by Mark DeNardo
Mirage by Andi Bissig, and more

Honestly, I'm unfamiliar with most of these artists, so I can't vouch for the quality of the music in this bundle, but I find these bundles to be a convenient way to explore new music.

I don't know if there is an official CAG policy concerning Kickstarter projects, but I think that this one qualifies as a deal. The backer bonuses are mostly independent of the object of funding (pressing a physical soundtrack to an indie game), so these bonuses should be delivered right after funding.

I backed the last project in this series and received my bonuses without incident, in case you were wondering.

They really should have just done like the music bundle did before. I'm not sure this will receive the funding. The music looks possibly good, but without the funding goal being done no one gets anything. Bad choice imho. Will I support it...sure, just don't feel like it's going to succeed. BTW how do you get the bonuses if Kickstarter only charges if the project succeeds?

BoI and WotL soundtracks are free/pay what you want anyway. I'd be surprised if someone doesn't have all those from the penny bundles.

Man, Drossin has been working guitar video game magic for a while. I'd love to have those Splatterhouse tracks. Gimme those and that Dying Breed vocal track from the clone Rick boss fight and I'd be a happy camper.

Where did you buy that Drossin music again?

EDIT: Naturally with that cutscene music I would practice my reciting of Splatterhouse dialog. "fuck you! "Nooo Rick! fuck yoooou!"

Pledged $12 to it, as I see some good/solid names on there. With 8x days to go I really don't think they're going to make the remaining $7100, but I can hope and at least contribute a little.

Thanks for bringing attention to this, OP! :D

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Pledged $12 to it, as I see some good/solid names on there. With 8x days to go I really don't think they're going to make the remaining $7100, but I can hope and at least contribute a little.

Thanks for bringing attention to this, OP! :D[/QUOTE]

Just based on the current amount of funding, I would agree with you. But I recall that the last project wasn't doing so well until Joystiq and Kotaku posted about it, and then there was a surge of funding in the final stretch.

First kickstarter I backed up. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Hopefully the project will get funded, but it looks like it might not happen. Just a little under 3 hours days to the deadline and they are a little above 50% in funds (currently, $4438 out of $8000)

-edit-

wow, lots of misspelled words.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that the level of funding is now well over the goal. It was looking iffy just a couple of days ago.

bread's done
Back