Game of Thrones -Xbox 360- Who else is enjoying the game?

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I purchased this game mainly due to the artbook and being a huge fan of the HBO series and books. I was regretting my purchase after reading the review on IGN.com this morning (4.0/10), I was going to just return to Amazon, but I decided to open and play it anyways. Im glad I kept it, this game if you have no idea/or never watch/read "Game of Thrones" you would probably pass it off as medicore game. If I had no prior knowledge of this series, I would still rate the game a 7/10. This game has the likeleness characters of the HBO series along with the shows actors doing the voice acting. I really enjoy have Varyse doing the narrative during the game (He is part of the counsel, also known as Master of Whisperers aka "The Spider". The first part of the game have you at Castle Black aka the wall aka Knights Watch (same place where Jon Snow vowed to knights watch). The combat is really good, pretty much just like Dragon Age: Origins (My favorite RPG this generation). The best thing about this game is exploring a living, breathing Westeros, and since these events in game coincide with those of the TV Show, makes it that much better.

I played for a solid 2 hours, and if I had to score it at the moment, I would say 8.5/10. Most the reviews say the story is very good and contains many dramatic surprises. Voice acting is very well down except for Mors (One of the two characters story you play in game, he is a Ranger of the Knights Watch). If your a fan of the show/books, dont listen to the reviews, you owe it to yourself to dive into "Westeros" and fight for the Seven Kingdoms"

Yes guys, their is a color coded loot system (White, green, purple, etc), I actually am realllllllly enjoying the battle system with switchible controlable characters on the fly, and Dog commands/abilities (Attack, target Legs (Immobilize), Bleed effects)

Update:
This game has it all story wise, plays out similar to the TV show structure wise
-Corruption
-Death
-Betrayel
-Uprising of Villagers against the Nobles for mistrreatment and starvation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played it for about 15 minutes then I passed out due to other reasons. I just got Diablo 3 so I may not play it for a while, but I will get back to it eventually. For the time being, here are some reviews:

"It came up a bit short" - Tyrion Lannister
"Its better than kissing your sister" - Jaime Lannister
"I just couldnt wrap my head around it" - Ned Stark

question. i haven't finished season 1 yet... im half way through. are there spoilers in the game??? or is it a completely different story?

[quote name='Multicron']Between Diablo 3 and Max Payne 3, seems like it was pretty silly to release GoT on 5/15.[/QUOTE]

maybe they were hoping they'd sell games to everyone who forgot to preorder D3.

[quote name='100xp']maybe they were hoping they'd sell games to everyone who forgot to preorder D3.[/QUOTE]

I was just at BestBuy picking D3 up and flipped through the GOT guide... visually it looks sort of like Skyrim? Anyways, I will pass...

bread's done
Back