Game price drops?

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
Anyone think Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes, Prince of Persia : Sands of Time, or The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker will drop in price anytime soon? By soon I mean before summer ends. This is my last summer before college and I'd like to play these games but $40, $40, and $50 respectively is just way too expensive after finding out about this site and never spending more than $25 on a game. Is my best bet getting them used? Thanks!

the sands of time just dropped to 29.99

twin snakes will be awhile off prolly since it came out most recent.

and guessing price drops on nintendo games is like a crapshoot (who would ever think that f zero gx would go from 49.99 to 19.99 in one drop for instance?)

I thought MGS:TSS and PP:SOT already dropped? I know MGS:TTS was on sale for $29 at my local Fry's this past week, but that sale might have ended. Call around, these two games are old enough to have undergone price drops, even if they aren't "official" drops. Good Luck!

Best bet might be to pick up used at Gamestop's Buy 2 get 1 free sale going on right now. If you have their card, you can get em all 3 for about $60 or so.

I made a topic on it a couple weeks back, but my virgin megastore nearby has POP for 19.99. they used to have both the PS2 and Xbox version for that price but the ps2 version is sold out (went there today during my lunch). They still have the xbox version.

Windwaker will be 29.99 when it becomes players choice. Nintendo and sony both rip you on 1st party games....they rarely go down in price until it reaches greatest hit status. Heck I still see ATV offroad fury 2 for $40 bucks even though it comes with the PS2 network adapter bundle.

I've been wanting Mario Kart DD since it came out, but can't bring myselt to pay $45 (after GGC at best buy). My magic price is 20 bucks. Every single console game could go down to $30 and you still won't see me jumping into my car.

[quote name='BigBen']Best bet might be to pick up used at Gamestop's Buy 2 get 1 free sale going on right now. If you have their card, you can get em all 3 for about $60 or so.[/quote]

What is this "card" that you speak of?

Don't listen to him. Zelda and the next cheapest game would equal at least $70 and most likely $90. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

If you bought Prince of Persia : Sands of Time early like in January or Febuary you could have gotten it for $20. I swear I saw it and BGaE for $20 each. If you don't have Beyond Good vs Evil. Buy it, it's great and $20.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Anyone think Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes, Prince of Persia : Sands of Time, or The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker will drop in price anytime soon?[/quote]

MGS: Twin Snakes I'd assume will take until at least next January to drop.
PoP will most likely become a Players Choice/GH/PH title around when the sequel comes out (Nov.)
Zelda's a crapshoot, like it was said. Mario Sunshine was $50 for a while, but F-Zero and Metroid Prime, both of which I thought were better, dropped to $20 and $30 respectively within a year.

[quote name='David85']Prince of Persia : Sands of Time is already $20 online.[/quote]

Where's this deal? And for what console?

[quote name='GoombaStomper']While we're on the topic, does anyone anticipate a drop in the price of Mario Party 5, or Pokemon Colosseum?[/quote]

PC I'm guessing will drop to $40 at most places any time now, and MP5 won't drop until MP6 is released. Look at MP4, it's still almost as much as MP5. :? :p

I don't really care that much for either of the games, myself, although MP5 is fun for the mini-games, the board blows.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Anyone think Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes, Prince of Persia : Sands of Time, or The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker will drop in price anytime soon?[/quote]

MGS: Twin Snakes I'd assume will take until at least next January to drop.
PoP will most likely become a Players Choice/GH/PH title around when the sequel comes out (Nov.)
Zelda's a crapshoot, like it was said. Mario Sunshine was $50 for a while, but F-Zero and Metroid Prime, both of which I thought were better, dropped to $20 and $30 respectively within a year.

[quote name='David85']Prince of Persia : Sands of Time is already $20 online.[/quote]

Where's this deal? And for what console?[/quote]

Mario also dropped within a year, I think to $30 where it is now.

In January they had if you bought PoP you got Splinter Cell for free. In March-April I saw it online for GC (I didn't check the rest) for $20 often and some other sites $30. I guess they wanted more people to buy it so they could tell their friends how good it is, then when their friends went to get it the price went back up.

[quote name='David85'][quote name='alongx']Mario Sunshine was $50 for a while, but F-Zero and Metroid Prime, both of which I thought were better, dropped to $20 and $30 respectively within a year.[/quote]

Mario also dropped within a year, I think to $30 where it is now.[/quote]

I didn't realize it was that quick. I knew it dropped to $30, but I thought it lasted at least 12 months. I'm pretty certain it lasted longer than Metroid Prime, which dropped to $30 in 7 months.

Yes I think it took Mario about 9 months to drop... I think. Time just flys so I can't tell anymore. But I am sure (almost) that it dropped within a year.

[quote name='David85']Don't listen to him. Zelda and the next cheapest game would equal at least $70 and most likely $90. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

If you bought Prince of Persia : Sands of Time early like in January or Febuary you could have gotten it for $20. I swear I saw it and BGaE for $20 each. If you don't have Beyond Good vs Evil. Buy it, it's great and $20.[/quote]

I do know what I'm talking about fool. :roll: Zelda and MGS are 34.99 used, -10% off for their card, plus possibly an extra 10% off with the coupon from Game Informer would have taken the total down to under $60 and you could get PoP free with their buy 2 get 1 free deal. Even if you didn't have the coupon you'd be at $63. Total would have been max $21 per game, which is what he wanted to pay. Do some research next time before spouting off.

Thanks for the Gamestop deal guys! I just got MGS, Wind Waker, and Return of the King for the buy 2 get 1 free deal. I decided on Return of the King just because it was $34.99 and it makes the deal a little better since POP was $27.99. The total came out to around $66. Surprisingly, the Gamespot clerks were really nice. They offered me the Game Insider card and even cut out the 10% coupon out of the June issue themselves which I didn't know about. Those three games for $22 dollars each are great deals to me and they also keep me to my don't buy any game over $25 rule. Thanks again!

Does anyone know how often Gamestop has the buy two get one free deal? I was going to go in and pick up some more games but it ended yesterday on Sunday. Hopefully its pretty often. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Does anyone know how often Gamestop has the buy two get one free deal? I was going to go in and pick up some more games but it ended yesterday on Sunday. Hopefully its pretty often. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

The last one was back in February I think, so maybe once every 3 months or so?

bread's done
Back