Game recommendations

addicted2games

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hey all. I bought my dad BC Battlefield last year and this year BC: Battlefield 2. He loves the games. I dont play these first-person shooters and wondered what other game he would like in this genre. I want to get him another game as one of his father's day presents. Is Modern Warfare 2 just as good or what other games would he enjoy since he loves Battlefield so much. He doesnt really play them online, just single player mode. Thanks for any help.

If he only plays SP, Modern Warfare 2 isn't the way to go since the campaign is around like 3-4 hours. Not a whole lot of replay value either. I guess the Spec-Ops missions would be kind of fun, but for $60 I think you could do better.

If he just likes FPS games in general and they don't have to be military focused, pick up Borderlands. Excellent game with tons of replay value and I'm sure you could snag it relatively cheap now.

Also, not an FPS, but both Uncharted 1 and 2 are amazing games that are shooters (albeit 3rd person). Give those a shot as well.

Get him Call of Duty 4, I think he'd love that -- and you can get it on the cheap.

Modern Warfare 2 is just a bit too ridiculous. And yeah I second the Uncharted 2 choice, if you're willing to take the risk.

If he is looking for SP mainly and has not played Bioshock, I highly recommend that - over MW1, MW2, and Bioshock 2. Uncharted 1 & 2 are close, but the original Bioshock has been near the top of SP games for this generation. Some will say MGS 4...and I agree...if he likes watching video more than game playing. Great story, but as much video watching as playing.

I recommend you to play any Call Duty of games. I bet he would really love it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='commanderxp90']I recommend you to play Red Dead Redemption or Blur or Call of Duty Warfare Moderm 2. Red Dead Redemption is such a good storyline including the great multiplayer for your time to play. I heard a gossip about the Blur which was great racing game for growing up after pass the Mario Kart and Modnation.[/QUOTE]

lolwut?

[quote name='SEH']lolwut?[/QUOTE]
I'm going to report you. You disrespect at me when I am new. I would put you on my ignore list.

Thanks everyone for the input. I think I will get him COD4 since he does like the military theme. (retired military). I knew about Uncharted and Bioshock being good games, I have those myself, even though I am not too good at Bioshock. (FPS)

My dad just got into games and when I go to his house, its neat seeing him play PS3, the first system he has had in his life. I will order COD soon so it gets here this week.

Thanks again for the input as I dont keep up with all the military type FPSs. I am trying to feed my dad's gaming "addiction" and not mine for once. lol

Edit - just saw that the single player campaign mode is kinda short on COD4. The reviews say its still fun and amazing, just short. I think I will still get it for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back