Game recommendations?

dugbrandon

CAGiversary!
I received a $20 off coupon from Super Mario Galaxy 2 a while back and am looking for a game to use it on from gamestop online. I'm looking to spend right about at the $20 mark, New or used. Games that I enjoy are GTA games, or God of War, liked Mario Galaxy. Nothing too difficult. Not big into TPS. I would consider and arcade-y racer, but I have mario kart wii. Oh I have a wii and PS3, probably looking for a PS3 game. I could wait though as I just ordered RDR.

I am considering Ratchet and Clank : Future ToD. Anything else you guys might think is better. Thanks in advance!

the saboteur is really fun, i think that's under $20, i know you didn't list a 360 but if you do have one, crackdown is fun (just got it today, but you can get it cheaper online)
i havn't played many ps3 ir wii games, though i should start playing them more.

here i'll try and make a short list:
fallout 3 (ps3) 19.99 (super fun, lots of content for 19.99!)
bioshock (ps3) 17.99 (fun game, i'm almost done with it, different kind of shooter)
assassins creed (ps3) 19.99 (i love the sereies, the 2nd one is better but this one is still fun)
folkore (ps3) 19.99 (havn't played it, people seem to like it)

don't know many other games to recoment, the only wii games i have are minigame compilations.

My number one favorite game of this generation is Valkyria Chronicles (ps3), which is $19.99 new at Gamestop.com. I'm not sure it would suit your interests, as I hated GTA and thought God of War was boring. I also thought RDR was horrible, so you may want to disregard my post completely...

Mirror's Edge (ps3) took a lot of criticism from people who didn't understand the point of the game, but it's easily my second favorite game of this generation. It's $19.99 new at Gamestop.com.

I say new because used usually don't come complete unless it specifically says so for that particular game. You can't really go wrong with Ratchet and Clank either.

I would say infamous is a top notch game that any ps3 would like. It's got that wide open city feel as well as objective based gameplay that GTA has.

Batman Arkham Asylum was great.

And of course Uncharted 2 is awesome. The game did win like half the awards possible at the VGA's.

Mod-nation racers also looks good if you're into mario kart.

[quote name='Relysis']My number one favorite game of this generation is Valkyria Chronicles (ps3), which is $19.99 new at Gamestop.com. I'm not sure it would suit your interests, as I hated GTA and thought God of War was boring. I also thought RDR was horrible, so you may want to disregard my post completely...

Mirror's Edge (ps3) took a lot of criticism from people who didn't understand the point of the game, but it's easily my second favorite game of this generation. It's $19.99 new at Gamestop.com.

I say new because used usually don't come complete unless it specifically says so for that particular game. You can't really go wrong with Ratchet and Clank either.[/QUOTE]
What was so horrible in your opinion about Red Dead Redemption? It's a huge wide open game world with alot of side stuff you can do.

Isn't Valkyria Chronicles some turn based anime styled RPG? Turn based is for PC games.:D

But to each their own.

Personally, I would suggest Darksiders. It's a great God Of War clone with excellent voice work.

I would also suggest Sacred 2. It's a Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance-esque action RPG/dungeon crawler.

I'd also suggest the original Uncharted, since it's about $25 online now, though I think it's rarely in stock online. It's like playing through an Indiana Jones movie(only not that sucky Crystal Skulls garbage movie they made).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What was so horrible in your opinion about Red Dead Redemption? It's a huge wide open game world with alot of side stuff you can do.

Isn't Valkyria Chronicles some turn based anime styled RPG? Turn based is for PC games.:D
[/QUOTE]

I actually hate the open world feel. It's beautiful graphically, but feels so empty and pointless. It seems like it's more interested in recreating the west than giving me actual gameplay. There are plenty of sidequests, but they all revolve around the same things, namely wrangling, killing people, helping people, poker, and shooting things. If you like these, the game is a lot of fun, but I was bored almost instantly. I forced myself to finish the game because everyone talked about how wonderful the story is. I finished the game, so I must have missed it. It should have tugged on the heartstrings, but since I didn't care about any of the characters... it did not. They just babble on about vapid nonsense in forced accents.

Like I said to the OP, most people love this game, so I wouldn't place too much weight on my opinion. I have the feeling that you would indeed hate Valkyria Chronicles, while I think it's one of the only games this generation to actually advance gaming in any way. It may be obvious, but I also thought Darksiders was terrible.

Sacred 2 and Uncharted are fine recommendations however. I hate shooters, so you can imagine how well-made Uncharted must be for me to like it. Sacred 2 is like the interim Diablo III, and is likely deeper.

Some good recs here guys. I appreciate it. Too bad it only makes my decision harder. I already have bioshock and have played through probably half of it. I have liked it quite a bit for a tps. I also have assassins creed, i just haven't even started it yet. I like the infamous recommendation, I liked the demo, same for batman, but a friend has both of those I could probably borrow from him. Fallout 3 and Uncharted sound like good pics too. I haven't really heard of Darksiders or Sacred 2 so I will look into them. So, I looks like I still have no idea. Maybe I should just hold on to the $20 as I already have the Orange box, ninja gaiden sigma, dark sector, rock band bioshock, MGS 4, assassins creed, farcry 2, LBP, and a tony hawk game and mario galaxy 2 and new SMB wii, that are started and not near finished, along with a handful of sports games that I have barely started namely fight night rd 4, a fifa game, and bigs 2. Not to mention RDR should be shipping out tomorrow.

I don't have enough time to play, and I have some serious video game ADD. This stupid site just makes thing worse and has made me an addict. I hate every single one of you.

If you do decide to get something and fallout 3 sounds interesting, I would definitely recommend it.

I am playing Saboteur and loving it ... Which also brings Mercenaries 2 ($10 new at Wal-Mart ... Price match perhaps?) to mind if you like the open world games!?! inFamous is a great pick up as well!

bread's done
Back