Game return w/o receipt

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
My brother in law bought me a game I really do not want but I feel bad asking for a receipt to return it. Are there any stores that will take a game without receipt for store credit/gift card?

Normally Walmart you can do this, but they usually don't give full credit, and give you whatever they have it marked down as being worth in store for the return.

[quote name='Squarehard']Normally Walmart you can do this, but they usually don't give full credit, and give you whatever they have it marked down as being worth in store for the return.[/QUOTE]

So if an item you're returning is on sale that day, they will only give you the sale price?

I'm in a similar situation. I got Batman: Arkham City on PS3 but I think I want it on PC so was looking to exchange it for Assassin's Creed: Revelations on PS3.

[quote name='icedrake523']So if an item you're returning is on sale that day, they will only give you the sale price?

I'm in a similar situation. I got Batman: Arkham City on PS3 but I think I want it on PC so was looking to exchange it for Assassin's Creed: Revelations on PS3.[/QUOTE]

They'll basically find the lowest price possible they have in the system in the past month or so, whether it was on sale online somewhere, or in store, and they value it to that.

Honestly, this time of year, so many people have the same problem, you have a good chance of swapping it for something you want right here, in the trade forum.

(Same problem: extra sealed copy of Revelations, no way to get a receipt without eating crow.)

[quote name='JJSP']Ask for the receipt and stop trying to commit return fraud?[/QUOTE]

how is returning something someone paid for considered return fraud?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how is returning something someone paid for considered return fraud?[/QUOTE]

Because unless the gift giver purchased it from Wal-Mart, it is return fraud. The idea is that he'd be forcing Wal-Mart to "buy" back his game that was never theirs to begin with.

[quote name='62t']btw if the game been on sale recently you would get it at sale price and not current price[/QUOTE]
That was covered in post #5. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back